FIRE Daboll ASAP

If the Bills want to save the season/help Allen progress then something has to be done. I know they need continuity, but it's best to nip it in the bud and do it NOW instead of waiting until the end of the year where Daboll will inevitably be gone. There is no way Josh is going to blossom when there is no running game being established and he is getting sacked 7 times a game. I mean  they're down 16 points early in the 4th and the Bills were in need of 4 yards on third down and what does the genius Daboll call? A long developing pass play where the every WR are running 20-30 yards down the field and not giving Allen a decent check down option. Our line is TERRIBLE ! what the hell was that?? Why is he not playing to our only strength and running it? It was happening all game long, 5 wide sets and expecting miracles. I'm not going to act like I'm some offensive coordinator, but I can see that this is not working and I can see (we all can see) that Daboll is in way over his head The 1-31 Browns are scoring points this year with a rookie QB and that's because Mayfield is given easy plays and a running game. Allen was at fault, but he's not being set up to win. 

• Sad 1

And what was your opinion of him last week?

Let me guess: you loved his play calling and Allen looked like Jim Kelly out there!

Let the season play out. If you expect any huge changes in the middle of the season, just don't hold your breath.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Are you suggesting running more when we're down by 3 scores in the fourth?

INteresting!

What? The Bills were down 3 scores the entire 2nd half. All they needed was a touchdown and they would've been right back in it. They played like they were down 30 to nothing the entire game. If you agree with the play calling then I don't know what to say.

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What if they are not trying to save their season?

What if we are rebiulding and going 8-8 doesnt really help us this year?

Hmmmmmm

Then that would be an extreme injustice to the veterans on this team like Lorax or Kyle who are trying to build off the momentum of last year. 

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

Let me guess: you loved his play calling and Allen looked like Jim Kelly out there!

Let the season play out. If you expect any huge changes in the middle of the season, just don't hold your breath.

Are you kidding me? LOL I've hated the Daboll signing as soon as it happened and 1 out of 4 games is not going to change my stance. If he can start putting together multiple games of competent offense opposed to getting blown out 75% of the time then maybe he'll earn my respect. Allen is what he is which is a Rookie who is going to be up and down regardless of the play calling. It's up to Daboll to make it easier on him which he most certainly isn't calling f*#@ing 5 wide sets on 3rd and manageables with a rookie QB, crap offensive line, and even crappier recievers. RUN THE BALL ! if you can't see that this isn't the problem then i'll be back to say I told you so when he gets fired.

• Like (+1) 1

This post is nearly the equivalent of the idiotic Bills fan sitting across from me in the bar today saying he was going to start a petition this week to start Peterman.

Wait....

no....

I'm sorry....

As dumb as this post is--and it's dumb--the guy who said to start Peterman was MUCH dumber. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, MJS said:

Rex Ryan fired his OC Greg Roman after only 2 games, just a couple of years ago, while coaching this team!

You make it sound like it's unheard of.

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What if they are not trying to save their season?

What if we are rebiulding and going 8-8 doesnt really help us this year?

Hmmmmmm

Yeah, what if we are tanking in order to get the No. 1 overall pick?

And what if we draft a QB with that No.1 pick, knowing all along last year that Allen was just a long shot gamble and not expected to be "the guy" going forward?!

I like it!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What? The Bills were down 3 scores the entire 2nd half. All they needed was a touchdown and they would've been right back in it. They played like they were down 30 to nothing the entire game. If you agree with the play calling then I don't know what to say.

Then that would be an extreme injustice to the veterans on this team like Lorax or Kyle who are trying to build off the momentum of last year. 

Are you kidding me? LOL I've hated the Daboll signing as soon as it happened and 1 out of 4 games is not going to change my stance. If he can start putting together multiple games of competent offense opposed to getting blown out 75% of the time then maybe he'll earn my respect. Allen is what he is which is a Rookie who is going to be up and down regardless of the play calling. It's up to Daboll to make it easier on him which he most certainly isn't calling f*#@ing 5 wide sets on 3rd and manageables with a rookie QB, crap offensive line, and even crappier recievers. RUN THE BALL ! if you can't see that this isn't the problem then i'll be back to say I told you so when he gets fired.

On that we can agree.

On the game hinging on play calling I will, however, have to disagree.

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This post is nearly the equivalent of the idiotic Bills fan sitting across from me in the bar today saying he was going to start a petition this week to start Peterman.

Wait....

no....

I'm sorry....

As dumb as this post is--and it's dumb--the guy who said to start Peterman was MUCH dumber. :doh:

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure Daboll played a big hand in naming Peterman the starter too. I am in complete shock that people are satisfied with the play calling this year. My god our QB has been sacked 18 times this year, we've scored 5 TDs the entire year,  and our lead back has 85 yards rushing How the *&$& are people not seeing a problem? No free agent is going to want to come here next year and a couple high picks aren't going fix this disaster. The people on this forum blow me away. 

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Rex Ryan fired his OC Greg Roman after only 2 games, just a couple of years ago, while coaching this team!

You make it sound like it's unheard of.

Exactly. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure Daboll played a big hand in naming Peterman the starter too. I am in complete shock that people are satisfied with the play calling this year. My god our QB has been sacked 18 times this year, we've scored 5 TDs the entire year,  and our lead back has 85 yards rushing How the *&$& are people not seeing a problem? No free agent is going to want to come here next year and a couple high picks aren't going fix this disaster. The people on this forum blow me away. 

How the $%$#^ are you not seeing our o-line?  I understand they don't always point the cameras at the receivers, but they're not good either.

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait....

no....

I'm sorry....

You showed a lot of restraint by not trying to shake some sense into him. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

How the $%$#^ are you not seeing our o-line?  I understand they don't always point the cameras at the receivers, but they're not good either.

YES AND WITH A CRAPPY O LINE YOU DON'T SEND OUT 5 WIDE RECIEVER SETS WHEN THE YOU ONLY NEED 4 YARDS ! YOU SCHEME AGAINST YOUR WEAKNESSES. AM I GETTING THROUGHT TO YOU?

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

YES AND WITH A CRAPPY O LINE YOU DON'T SEND OUT 5 WIDE RECIEVER SETS WHEN THE YOU ONLY NEED 4 YARDS ! YOU SCHEME AGAINST YOUR WEAKNESSES. AM I GETTING THROUGHT TO YOU?

Did you mean 'receiver' and 'through'?

I said the same thing last week and it happened again. Blitzes coming thru untouched. I remember one play where Ivory was kept in the backfield and helped but there was still pressure.  Four wide with this O-line is just stupid 

The ones who disagree with you are blowing you away? Yup, glad you can see that.

Yeah, our offense sucks. No, it's not mostly on the OC, though he deserves a share probably. Just looking at the roster on the offense, this season always looked like a bad year, especially after McCarron wasn't as good as we'd hoped. The OL sucks. The receivers aren't never looked like they'd be better than a bit below mediocre and once McCarron played poorly the best likely outcome would have been Allen sitting on the bench and developing and Peterman being acceptable. 

We simply don't have a lot of offensive talent and what we do have is young and unproven except for the RBs.

When there are problems in any system in life, here's the first reaction that generally comes up: 

QUICK!!! Find a scapegoat and have a knee-jerk reaction!!!! HURRY!! Don't stop to think!!!!!!!

Generally unproductive and ineffective but it's the first and most common reaction you find.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1