Officiating Consistency ( Defenseless Receiver and Helmet to Helmet )

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tre White was making a tackle after a ball was caught by a WR. not going for the ball . Totally different. As for the fumble, it was called a fumble on the field and it appeared the ball was moving prior to the knee going down. If they had called it no fumble, it wouldn’t have been overturned by replay either. 

I understand the play was different...

tre didn’t hit a defenseless receiver and they called it

Theu have no accountability 

I have a strong belief they were told to ease up on calls this week. There weren’t any roughing penalties through 330 pm in any game. 

There were holds all over the line all day and nothing was called. They need to find a happy medium. I like letting em play but jeeze some of the lack of calls were so obvious

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im not blaming the refs for this one and I don’t like to blame refs for loses ...

but one thing has me perplexed...

The NFL has been cracking down on violent plays... so much so that the game is being watered down sometimes...

Hits to the head, defenseless receiver etc 

Tre White was called for hitting a defenseless receiver last week on a clean hit...

how the heck is the hit on Benjamin not on a defenseless receiver or helmet to helmet .. pisses me off when they call that consistently against us

AMEN. 

The other call that completely pissed me off was the Allen "fumble".  It was pretty durn clear his knees were down and he still had a grip on the ball from the angle shown on TV.  Both the Packers D and the Bills O thought that would be overturned.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tre did. Both feet weren’t down yet.

it helps immensely when you include clips in threads like this.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Tre White was making a tackle after a ball was caught by a WR. not going for the ball . Totally different. As for the fumble, it was called a fumble on the field and it appeared the ball was moving prior to the knee going down. If they had called it no fumble, it wouldn’t have been overturned by replay either. 

Exactly.  Tre White was making a tackle after the ball was caught and the WR was no longer a defenseless receiver.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They called White for helmet to helmet contact , not for a hit on a defenseless player. The helmet to helmet wasn’t intentional, but if the defender initiates the contact intentionally ( he did) it’s going to get a flag. 

Officiating is a large part of why i have not watched much nfl since mid season last year. I think the bills get screwed regularly( that is likely my fandom speaking)but last year the favortism shown the Pats* was ridiculous. My father inlaw -who became a Pats* fan since i got married in 2001- tried to explain to me why calls were correct and made up reasons based on what could not be seen. I realized that he might be right and officials might be basing calls on expectations over what they see which is a huge problem. I truly think theNFL does not care about officiating right now and it shows.

25 minutes ago, valle78787878 said:

what i hate is the retired refs on tv they always side with the on field refs and they are boring and suck why are they there NO ONE CARES

I wholeheartedly agree.

Too be honest, I think it's even worse if they don't agree with the call on the field.  What happens then??  It only pisses off the fans of the team getting screwed.

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

For any CB just blow the receiver up anyway you can if you can get a hand on it = it's legal

Nah, good no call. Look at the position of the dB relative to the WR. If the roles are reversed, and that’s Tre White on a Packers WR, I want White making that INT. That was anybody’s ball , as the DB wasn’t behind the WR he was across from him. Think of the Pats DB vs SEA in the Super Bowl a few years ago. There was a lot of contact, but no call as he was making a play on the ball from the side of the WR, not behind him. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

For any CB just blow the receiver up anyway you can if you can get a hand on it = it's legal

The rule does state inadvertent should not be flagged- so that would mean the call should only happen when a dude is acting like Burfect- which is seldom- but the call happens a lot.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nah, good no call. Look at the position of the dB relative to the WR. If the roles are reversed, and that’s Tre White on a Packers WR, I want White making that INT. That was anybody’s ball , as the DB wasn’t behind the WR he was across from him. 

Whatever, I'm fine with it. if your a CB just light the WR up making sure you get a hand on it is all. If it's this away across the NFL consistently without flags I'm fine with it.

Edited by Real McCoy

3 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Whatever, I'm fine with it. if your a CB just light the WR up making sure you get a hand on it is all. If it's this away across the NFL consistently without flags I'm fine with it.

It all depends where the DB is coming from in the play. If Clinton Dix is behind Benjamin and tries to run through him , that would get a flag every time. A ball in the air and you’re playing centerfield ? Not going to get called if you’re playing the ball and not the man. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Change the spot on the Browns game. Bull crap 

tv shows holding and refs don’t see it.  

It is a lot of bad and in consistent calls. 

Only way to straighten it out is to fine the Refs. 

Make them pay. 

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They called White for helmet to helmet contact , not for a hit on a defenseless player. The helmet to helmet wasn’t intentional, but if the defender initiates the contact intentionally ( he did) it’s going to get a flag. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/status/1043938488868048897

from official NFL operations

says it was defenseless receiver not helmet to helmet 

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

AMEN. 

The other call that completely pissed me off was the Allen "fumble".  It was pretty durn clear his knees were down and he still had a grip on the ball from the angle shown on TV.  Both the Packers D and the Bills O thought that would be overturned.

That was a joke of a call... my father was just laughing lol