Seriously you just have to sign a WR this week

Hebert19

On 9/30/2018 at 3:09 PM, qwksilver said:

We traded for Matthews once. Why did we not go after him once he was healthy? He would have been an improvement for sure. He will be solid in Philly.

Matthews won't be able to afford all the babies he'd make staying in Buffalo

On 9/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, joesixpack said:

Question is: would Dez sign here?

Nope.  Next question.

31 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Trading for Watkins was a horrible mistake? I agree. Giving up two firsts was ....

Wait, you're arguing ... what?

The pick they got for Watkins was one of the ones they gave up for Allen. They should have done that and whatever else they thought they might have to do to get a possible franchise QB on this roster. And yeah someone overpaid for Watkins. In his fifth year people are still giving him contracts based on his potential rather than his production.

They SHOULD have just drafted Mahomes or Watson and kept a lot of good players that were clearly wrongly labeled as "losing culture" guys because they then went on to play key roles for dynamic offenses and defenses for division winners and in championship games and the SB etc..

That's what they SHOULD have done.

And no I'm not saying that in hindsight.

It was stupid then and it's stupid now that they are in a re-build when McD inherited a talented roster and had perhaps two extraordinary QB talents fall into his lap on draft day and he passed on them.

McBeane basically altered the balance of power in the NFL selling low on talents like Watkins and Darby and Dareus and letting Gilmore and Woods and Goodwin and others walk out the door.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2018 at 5:57 PM, Hebert19 said:

Anyone is better than these guys.  AMD eith Benjamin in CP...we can't March these bozos out there.  

None of them get any separation at all. 

Who is going to be the savior? Washed up Dez Bryant that nobody wants? Old man Kenny Britt? Retired Eric Decker? Maybe Jeremy maclin would be a decent option but why is he still a FA? None of these guys will be any different than what we have now imo.

Useless thread.  This staff made their bed and they'll lie (die) in it.

There was little reason to believe that we could beat Minnesota.  This will have to be a week to week evaluation otherwise you'll fall too far down the rabbit hole.

Enjoy your week.  Spend Sundays with friends so at least you'll have that to look forward to.

1 hour ago, T master said:

I would hope the Zay Jones experiment is coming to a end the only time the guy catches anything or gets open is when the game is lost & the opponents D has all but loosened up .

The one catch he did make last week he bobbled & there wasn't even any one on him the dude ran past him & he let it hit him in the chest almost resulting in a drop i just don't think he's all that !! 

Zay sucks. I hate to say that but it seriously seems like the kid has had the yips since week 1 of last year. How long of a leash does he have? This isn't some blue chip. I'm surprised people find his total lack of development at this point acceptable. He's barely visible out there.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

You have the wrong guy. Jason Peters? I haven’t been around here that long. Your Sammy takes are hot garbage. If you want to call someone out make sure you know what your talking about jackass. 

Why not not mention talented guys that were attainable for a fair price like Boyd, JuJu, etc. Heck, Whaley went to the same school as Boyd and still couldn’t sniff that one out. 

You were here you just changed your name because your takes are 100% loaded diaper.

You like your *ironic* screen names so I am guessing your next will be something like "sex defender".

I get the KB hate. He's paid a lot, and he's been a disappointment, particularly the drops. But ... I refuse to believe that he's so lazy that he isn't motivated at all in this, his contract year. I refuse to believe that he suddenly became garbage the moment he was traded from the Panthers to the Bills. He'd caught 32 passes in 8 games, about 15 yards/catch in Carolina before we traded for him last year. The huge difference is that Tyrod Taylor/Nate Peterman/Josh Allen are not Cam Newton (at least not yet with respect to Allen).  Jordan Matthews was crap here, now he appears to be a useful possession receiver again. Until the QB situation is improved, I find it difficult to make any kind of objective assessment of our receiver corps.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

They do seem to be tanking, but they think they already have their QB.

Tanking in the NFL without the intention of taking a top QB prospect doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps they think they can ransom the pick to the highest bidder for some ridiculous price (lots of high picks) which can then be translated into lots of new contributing players on the field in a single offseason.

I don't really know what they are up to anymore.

Because it doesnt follow what you wanted them to do?

It's true, this is the worst wr corp in my 40 years of following the Bills. 

The Oline is harder to compare, but I can't think of worse. RB? There have been some weak groups in the past, this one is good.

I just don't see what can be done this season, except allow Allen to gain experience, and earn some respect from his teammates.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They SHOULD have just drafted Mahomes or Watson and kept a lot of good players that were clearly wrongly labeled as "losing culture" guys because they then went on to play key roles for dynamic offenses and defenses for division winners and in championship games and the SB etc..

That's what they SHOULD have done.

And no I'm not saying that in hindsight.

It was stupid then and it's stupid now that they are in a re-build when McD inherited a talented roster and had perhaps two extraordinary QB talents fall into his lap on draft day and he passed on them.

McBeane basically altered the balance of power in the NFL selling low on talents like Watkins and Darby and Dareus and letting Gilmore and Woods and Goodwin and others walk out the door.

Yes, you absolutely are saying that in hindsight. Of course there were guys they should have drafted but didn't. You can say that about literally every single team in NFL history. When you're a new coach whose GM is Doug Whaley, the guy who was so convinced about EJ Manuel, you have a perfect right to think you should wait for the next year to draft a QB, particularly when it looks like that next year might be a historically good draft for QBs.

"McD inherited a talented roster"? Oh, yeah, they were a juggernaut. Remember those days? When they had Tyrod ripping up the league at QB? When our top three WRs managed 613 (Woods), 431 (Goodwin)  and 430 (Watkins) yards on the year? When John Miller and Jordan Mills were kicking butt all over the ... oh, wait, they're still here. Oh, for those days when we had Adolphus Washington, Preston Brown, Zach Brown and Corey Graham instilling fear all over the league. When our draftees that year - Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland, Adolphus Washington, Cardale Jones, Jonathan Williams, Kolby Listenbee and Kevon Seymour were showing the NFL that the new generation were here and ready to dominate?  We were the monsters of the Midway that year, teams used to break out in a cold sweat at the prospect of facing those guys. It was a crime that McD sent those guys away. We were like the '27 Yankees of football back then.

Puh ..................... leeze. They were mediocre at best.

I wouldn't have minded keeping a few of those guys, but pretending that was a talented roster is indulging a fantasy. And again, the reason a lot of those guys had to go is that Beane and McD have publicly said that they promised the Pegulas to clean up, by the end of this year, the horrible cap situation Whaley left them in. They've done that, but it did require letting guys go they probably would rather have kept, like Gilmore and maybe Woods.

They were the first regime to realize how desperate their need for a QB was and that they had to put a bunch of picks in the bank to be able to trade up and get one.

And as always when you switch schemes, some old guys don't fit the new scheme, such as Darby in this instance. That's life in the NFL.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You were here you just changed your name because your takes are 100% loaded diaper.

You like your *ironic* screen names so I am guessing your next will be something like "sex defender".

Yeah because someone disagrees with you they must have been someone else on a different screen name who had bad takes? Makes a ton of sense. Hate to break your heart but this is the only name I have ever used on here and I was never around for any Peters talk.

Keep pumping up Sammy Watkins though. It’s a good look for you. That’s all Buffalo is missing. Someone paid him 16 million so he must be worth it, right? They had plenty of legitimate options and passed on all of them.

Edited by Commonsense

On 10/1/2018 at 5:40 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

It's criminal. I don't blame them for KB. He was never this bad. But Zay is awful now. What does he do? What did he do? Holmes should have been cut. He was kept for ST. Foster is our #4. He didn't start in college and dropped more than he has caught. We don't have a 5. It's literally the worst ever. I defy you to find a 5 man overall group ever worse. 

Not defending our WR, but I think Dallas might be worse now.  Read someplace Cowboy fans wondering if they could get Benjamin on the cheap lol

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Whats the point anyway? This team has so many holes. It’s TANK time for the Bills. 

we must be the only fan base that wants to keep losing....Sabres....let's tanks for picks....Bills...let's tank for picks.....such a loser mentality

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

It's true, this is the worst wr corp in my 40 years of following the Bills. 

The Oline is harder to compare, but I can't think of worse. RB? There have been some weak groups in the past, this one is good.

I just don't see what can be done this season, except allow Allen to gain experience, and earn some respect from his teammates.

I will do you 1 better.  This may be the worst in NFL history if KB misses extended time.  

Can we seriously match out zay Jones, andre Holmes, and ray ray mccloud as the starting wrs?  Let's toss in Robert foster to boot.  

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Whats the point anyway? This team has so many holes. It’s TANK time for the Bills. 

Point is to not get Allen killed with someone who he can trust and rely on. 

On 9/30/2018 at 6:07 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm fairly certain that Rod Streater, Jeremy Kerley, Corey Coleman, and Brandon Reilly would be better than KB, Zay, Holmes and Foster. ;)

Apparently Beane disagrees,so i dont expect to see them return. Maybe Kerley

On 9/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, HappyDays said:

I would bring in Rishard Matthews even if it means Robiskie has to be fired. It wouldn't be a big loss anyways. But yeah they have to do something one way or another. There are some good 1st round WR prospects next year too.

OMG ; has a team ever fired an OC just  to sign  a player? Certainly not someone of matthews caliber.. how do you know Matthews would  even come to this dumpster  fire?

On 9/30/2018 at 7:27 PM, the skycap said:

Streater is playing for the Browns today

5 snaps, no stats. Gee, maybe they will make him available again....

On 9/30/2018 at 6:32 PM, GreggTX said:

Stop already. There's no one out there. WR and OL will not be addressed until after the season.

You are right there isn't a game changer out there but I would like to get Allen some help just so he isnt shell shocked next yr. Or maybe Daboll needs to simplify offense for him I'm not sure.  We just gave up alot to get him and I dont want him to turn into a peterman or losman cause there is no help for him at all!  But yes there is no game changer to get!  Unless we trade

2 hours ago, sugashane69 said:

You are right there isn't a game changer out there but I would like to get Allen some help just so he isnt shell shocked next yr. Or maybe Daboll needs to simplify offense for him I'm not sure.  We just gave up alot to get him and I dont want him to turn into a peterman or losman cause there is no help for him at all!  But yes there is no game changer to get!  Unless we trade

To be fair, Losman had Lee Evans and it didn't help. Losman comparisons are only due to arm strength, IMHO, which Allen still has in spades over Losman. Allen is taller, more athletic and has the mental ability, according to Wonderlic, to process the NFL speed of the game. It hasn't quite all slowed down just yet for him, but having WRs to throw to that can get some separation and actually catch, getting an OL that can block for him to some degree, having a running game that is even slightly effective AND Allen's development will make a world of difference. As others have said and it's an easy thing to do, just look at Trubisky / Goff / Wentz etc. to see QBs who either struggled or were just 'meh' in their Rookie years and then see their skyrocketed development when the team built around them and they learned in the crucible that is the NFL. 

It is hard to watch and sad to essentially "give away" a season, but we must be patient and see this for what it is: a 3 year rebuild. It's year two and the Bills got their QB of the future. 2019 the Bills *should* be getting good OLmen / WRs / TEs to block and throw to and a young RB to help energize the running game. Plus, some key Defensive players growing into their NFL potential, ala White / Milano and Edmunds / Harry / T. Johnson all coming along.