Seriously you just have to sign a WR this week

Hebert19

On 9/30/2018 at 6:30 PM, Hebert19 said:

Watch all 22.  They are covered like gloves 80 percent of the time.  See the sacks today when they showed replay.  Watch a game live and don't just follow the ball.  

Oh I don't know.  Those are a few of 50 ways to know.  

It is obvious. 

My goodness are you guestioning Fadedbrain? How dare you, dont you know he is one of the top anulists on this board??? LOL what a clown...

There are guys that can help. There are guys we could trade for. There are street FA out there better then our starters. You just have to be willing to try and obviously we would rather work out STs Dbacks and Lbs. We have needed a backup qb for almost a month and have done nothing about it. It’s just a typical bunch of excuses and the easy way out. It’s much easier to say “nobody available is good” then to actually do something. We will just keep getting our doors blown off. It’s sad that we are evaluating a rookie QB with absolutely nobody to throw to. That’s an intelligent approach.

• Like (+1) 1

Dont need a backup QB... Nate can secure the #1 pick is Allen goes down.

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There are guys that can help. There are guys we could trade for. There are street FA out there better then our starters. You just have to be willing to try and obviously we would rather work out STs Dbacks and Lbs. We have needed a backup qb for almost a month and have done nothing about it. It’s just a typical bunch of excuses and the easy way out. It’s much easier to say “nobody available is good” then to actually do something. We will just keep getting our doors blown off. It’s sad that we are evaluating a rookie QB with absolutely nobody to throw to. That’s an intelligent approach.

Edited by Boca BIlls

On 9/30/2018 at 7:51 PM, Billznut said:

They won’t sign anyone. This season isn’t about wins. Settle in. 

I agree with that to a point, but they are going to get Allen killed.  No protection by the OL and no separation by the WR = bad news for Allen.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

He didn't get harpooned by me.

Trading Watkins was a horrible error on Beane's part.

He was probably the LAST player they should have traded if they planned on drafting a QB in 2018.

As a GM you have to understand what your options are GOING to be.

We are seeing what the options to Watkins were right now.

HORRENDOUS.

And barring a miracle a second round pick ain't going to replace a WR that the league values at $16M per.

Watkins ?

On 9/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, HappyDays said:

I would bring in Rishard Matthews even if it means Robiskie has to be fired. It wouldn't be a big loss anyways. But yeah they have to do something one way or another. There are some good 1st round WR prospects next year too.

Yep, do this and bring in Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Dez, Maclin. Kick the tires on anything. Line them up against Tre and see who can get separation and catch the ball. Anyone who can do anything is immediately signed for 2 years.

Sammy screwed me tonight in Fan Duel. An average game and I'm winning money.... Screw Hammy Watkins

On 10/1/2018 at 7:30 AM, Hebert19 said:

Watch all 22.  They are covered like gloves 80 percent of the time.  See the sacks today when they showed replay.  Watch a game live and don't just follow the ball.  

Oh I don't know.  Those are a few of 50 ways to know.  

It is obvious. 

It's really not. I have only watched one game on the all-22, game 2, and guys were open pretty often even and didn't get the ball. Not as open as if we had Antonio Brown or something, but someone is a bit open on most plays.

Not that they're performing all that well. They're not. but it's far far more than 20% of the time that there's a good chance to hit someone.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:40 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet Whaley got harpooned for this move, "giving up two 1sts (COUGH) for this guy".......damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess......

Yes, he did give up two firsts. We had 'em and after the trade we didn't. That's giving something up, when you have it and then you don't.

And while picking Sammy wasn't a horrible move (though he certainly hasn't yet looked like a #4 in any way shape or form), trading up and giving up two !sts and change for anyone other than a possible franchise QB is a move with a very low chance of coming off well. Whaley was harpooned at the time, correctly, and afterwards, correctly.

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Buffalo Bills (62 percent owned)

This is the most predictable stat of the season: Among all receivers with at least 20 passing looks, Kelvin Benjamin is dead last (159th-of-159) in yards of separation at the catch point, per Next Gen Stats. Last year, Benjamin was also dead last in yards of separation among receivers (129th-of-129). A black hole for passing production at this point, Benjamin has caught just 7 of his 21 targets -- 10 of which have been "catchable" (per PFF).

On 9/30/2018 at 5:57 PM, Hebert19 said:

Anyone is better than these guys.  AMD eith Benjamin in CP...we can't March these bozos out there.  

None of them get any separation at all. 

Whats the point anyway? This team has so many holes. It’s TANK time for the Bills. 

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Whats the point anyway? This team has so many holes. It’s TANK time for the Bills. 

They do seem to be tanking, but they think they already have their QB.

Tanking in the NFL without the intention of taking a top QB prospect doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps they think they can ransom the pick to the highest bidder for some ridiculous price (lots of high picks) which can then be translated into lots of new contributing players on the field in a single offseason.

I don't really know what they are up to anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

I would hope the Zay Jones experiment is coming to a end the only time the guy catches anything or gets open is when the game is lost & the opponents D has all but loosened up .

The one catch he did make last week he bobbled & there wasn't even any one on him the dude ran past him & he let it hit him in the chest almost resulting in a drop i just don't think he's all that !! 

My boy Cam Phillips is on the practice squad. I watched him for 4 years in college at Virginia Tech. Tech's all-time leading receiver. I don't see what it would hurt to activate him one of these weeks. (Yes, I'm biased because he went to my school, but...)

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Watkins ?

Oh look......Nonsense needs to lamp.

Reminder.......you had the same attitude about Jason Peters for about 3 years post-trade.?

Not saying Sammy is a HOF'er like first-ballot Peters but am saying that your takes are notoriously shi+.?    

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh look......Nonsense needs to lamp.

Reminder.......you had the same attitude about Jason Peters for about 3 years post-trade.?

Not saying Sammy is a HOF'er like first-ballot Peters but am saying that your takes are notoriously shi+.?    

You have the wrong guy. Jason Peters? I haven’t been around here that long. Your Sammy takes are hot garbage. If you want to call someone out make sure you know what your talking about jackass. 

Why not not mention talented guys that were attainable for a fair price like Boyd, JuJu, etc. Heck, Whaley went to the same school as Boyd and still couldn’t sniff that one out. 

On 9/30/2018 at 7:38 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason you draft guys like Sammy Watkins is part because of the #1 talent and part because you can't recruit WR talent like that to Buffalo in free agency.

It's where WR statistics go to die......EVERY agent knows it.....so you gotta' overpay by A LOT for ANY decent WR in FA and you can all but forget about getting a stud #1 via that route.

This is why the trade route is so appealing if you are Buffalo.

If Atlanta continues to struggle perhaps the Bills swap a top-5 protected first rounder for Julio Jones.   The Falcons re-structured his deal in a way that looks trade-deadline friendly.

I suppose Antonio Brown would be an option as well.

IMO one stud WR would make a huge difference for this QB and offense.

I know everyone is banking on a very high pick and getting another young superstar talent with that first round pick but I think if people want to see McBeane survive in Buffalo the Bills need to give Josh Allen a receiving corps that can be EXPECTED to make him look better than his years on opening day of 2019 and that's a lot to ask for based on what's available in FA NOW...let alone after more re-signings....... and I'm not sold on any of the draft eligible WR's being #1 quality studs as rookies.  

Do they do protected picks in the NFL? I don't think they do but I could be wrong.

36 minutes ago, wppete said:

They dont even have to TANK, the losses will come. We’re in rebuild mode and obviously a step backward this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

He didn't get harpooned by me.

Trading Watkins was a horrible error on Beane's part.

He was probably the LAST player they should have traded if they planned on drafting a QB in 2018.

As a GM you have to understand what your options are GOING to be.

We are seeing what the options to Watkins were right now.

HORRENDOUS.

And barring a miracle a second round pick ain't going to replace a WR that the league values at $16M per.

Trading for Watkins was a horrible mistake? I agree. Giving up two firsts was ....

Wait, you're arguing ... what?

The pick they got for Watkins was one of the ones they gave up for Allen. They should have done that and whatever else they thought they might have to do to get a possible franchise QB on this roster. And yeah someone overpaid for Watkins. In his fifth year people are still giving him contracts based on his potential rather than his production.

49 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Do they do protected picks in the NFL? I don't think they do but I could be wrong.

The NFL just has a broad "conditional" status on trades where the position of traded picks are subject to some kind of result.

• Like (+1) 1