Seriously you just have to sign a WR this week

Hebert19

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ok, so are you just venting about the situation, or do you have a solution?

There are three guys out there better than three WR we have. I wouldn't cut Zay but I would bench him. I would cut Holmes and Foster. I would try to trade KB because we are not going to re-sign him. I would even sign Dez. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

There are three guys out there better than three WR we have. I wouldn't cut Zay but I would bench him. I would cut Holmes and Foster. I would try to trade KB because we are not going to re-sign him. I would even sign Dez. 

Question is: would Dez sign here?

19 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Stop already. There's no one out there. WR and OL will not be addressed until after the season.

Rishard Matthews is out there, and the Titans are next... He provides this team with some legitimate talent at WR and intricate knowledge of an upcoming opponent.  If they don’t sign him then they aren’t trying to win.  

26 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Stop already. There's no one out there. WR and OL will not be addressed until after the season.

...so then with the "Coleman Era" over at Foxboro, bringing him back seeing that he is "prepaid" won't work?.....Sears is closing 46 stores and they don't have any "WR specials" on the shelf.........

57 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I think if we would have won this game, Beane makes a move for a WR. Much like last year where he realized we were,winning games, could make a run and traded,for KB.

Just my opinion, but I'd say Beane and McD have to feel like, already 1-3, new guys would take a bit to get up to speed. Might as well save the money. 

The reason you draft guys like Sammy Watkins is part because of the #1 talent and part because you can't recruit WR talent like that to Buffalo in free agency.

It's where WR statistics go to die......EVERY agent knows it.....so you gotta' overpay by A LOT for ANY decent WR in FA and you can all but forget about getting a stud #1 via that route.

This is why the trade route is so appealing if you are Buffalo.

If Atlanta continues to struggle perhaps the Bills swap a top-5 protected first rounder for Julio Jones.   The Falcons re-structured his deal in a way that looks trade-deadline friendly.

I suppose Antonio Brown would be an option as well.

IMO one stud WR would make a huge difference for this QB and offense.

I know everyone is banking on a very high pick and getting another young superstar talent with that first round pick but I think if people want to see McBeane survive in Buffalo the Bills need to give Josh Allen a receiving corps that can be EXPECTED to make him look better than his years on opening day of 2019 and that's a lot to ask for based on what's available in FA NOW...let alone after more re-signings....... and I'm not sold on any of the draft eligible WR's being #1 quality studs as rookies.  

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The reason you draft guys like Sammy Watkins is part because of the #1 talent and part because you can't recruit WR talent like that to Buffalo in free agency.

It's where WR statistics go to die......EVERY agent knows it.....so you gotta' overpay by A LOT for ANY decent WR in FA and you can all but forget about getting a stud #1 via that route.

This is why the trade route is so appealing if you are Buffalo.

If Atlanta continues to struggle perhaps the Bills swap a top-5 protected first rounder for Julio Jones.   The Falcons re-structured his deal in a way that looks trade-deadline friendly.

I suppose Antonio Brown would be an option as well.

IMO one stud WR would make a huge difference for this QB and offense.

I know everyone is banking on a very high pick and getting another young superstar talent with that first round pick but I think if people want to see McBeane survive in Buffalo the Bills need to give Josh Allen a receiving corps that can be EXPECTED to make him look better than his years on opening day of 2019 and that's a lot to ask for based on what's available in FA NOW...let alone after more re-signings....... and I'm not sold on any of the draft eligible WR's being #1 quality studs as rookies.  

...yet Whaley got harpooned for this move, "giving up two 1sts (COUGH) for this guy".......damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet Whaley got harpooned for this move, "giving up two 1sts (COUGH) for this guy".......damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess......

He didn't get harpooned by me.

Trading Watkins was a horrible error on Beane's part.

He was probably the LAST player they should have traded if they planned on drafting a QB in 2018.

As a GM you have to understand what your options are GOING to be.

We are seeing what the options to Watkins were right now.

HORRENDOUS.

And barring a miracle a second round pick ain't going to replace a WR that the league values at $16M per.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He didn't get harpooned by me.

Trading Watkins was a horrible error on Beane's part.

He was probably the LAST player they should have traded if they planned on drafting a QB in 2018.

As a GM you have to understand what your options are GOING to be.

We are seeing what the options to Watkins were right now.

HORRENDOUS.

And barring a miracle a second round pick ain't going to replace a WR that the league values at $16M per.

...don't think I said or implied that.......the Watkins deal was more of an injury crapshoot and sometimes those judgment calls fail.....unless the $$$ of his 5th year option overrode the injury question.......perhaps more disconcerting is zero effort to re-sign Woods who goes to the Rams for the exorbitant sum of 5 years, $34 mil with $15 mil guaranteed.....Jesus, the "Rockpile Beerman's" new deal is better.....

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

They won’t sign anyone. This season isn’t about wins. Settle in. 

Wrong.

1) They WILL sign someone.   They can't let Allen get sacked 100 times and turn the ball over 2-3 times per game and simultaneously not try to give him some help that he can grow with.   It might be a guy like Gentry........but they WILL sign someone and try to develop them in-season to replace the guys that are failing or on their way out the door after the season like KB.

2) This season IS about wins to McDermott.   

The fact that the plan hasn't gone as they hoped does not mean that they were tanking.

MOST coaches fail at their objectives.........that's why close to 1/4 of them get fired every year.

If you tank.......which history says doesn't work..........you tank to get your QB.

The Bills think they have their QB.

There are 3-4 WRs projected to be first round picks in next years draft and it could be as many as 6 all told. 

At this rate the Bills might get a top 5 draft pick and they could trade back and get a WR and an OT/OG/C or perhaps all of them if they end up with the first overall and trade back for many picks. 

It's a long painful road to a top 5 draft pick...

• Like (+1) 1