We All Know The Bills Issues....Now Share Your Solutions

BuffaloRush

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha. Yea I think that is an overreaction at this stage. If Allen fails this FO is gone. But 4 games is a bit soon to declare that a reality.

But that is the odd poster... and a Spurs fan at that... so one with proven poor judgment :D

This isn't just about Allen, it's about the collection of players this regime has brought in through the draft and free agency. They're simply not good enough. 

5 hours ago, jtothebrown said:

Even when Brady retires, as long as BB is running that team, we will continue to get beat by them.

Granted when we play them without Brady, we generally do well, but we've never played them twice in a year without Brady!

If im Pegula, im throwing some ridiculous $$ at BB, with all personell control.

absolutely......pegula should give him 1000 acres of pennsylvania natural gas

On 9/30/2018 at 2:49 PM, Ray Finkel said:

Not to get off topic but did it appear they moved Shaq Lawson to the inside?   

I noticed this as well.  At first I was wondering who that #90 was at Defensive Tackle.  Then I remembered it was Shaq LOL. 

All in all I think the D did it's job.  Hold the greatest QB since Joe Montana to 22 points and get 2 turn overs.  A functioning offense would be thrilled to get this.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

deluxe-690x1024.png

I like beer. I've always liked beer ? 

This year is going to be about mediocrity with highs and mostly lows. If we do not go fully 75% Offense in draft and FA next year I will start to question Beane. Benjamin is just bad. DiMarco takes up a roster spot. Logan Thomas can't even stay active on game days. Shady and Clay will be gone due to age and contracts.

It is too early to turn this into a 2019 draft thread but personally now that we are 1-3 I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy with the offense. When we couldn't get a 3 and 1 on the opening series in GB I felt that was all I needed to now about us winning the battle up front. So counter with a passing game? Not with a rookie QB, a line that can't get push for 3rd & 1 and a #1 WR wannabe/questionable TE.*  Daboll gets a pass this year due to talent and lack of focus on upgrading offense in 2018.

So my solution is to sit back and ride out this year. Unfortunately at this juncture I don't think I will enjoy it as much as last year.

(*as an aside I  wish our TEs would look like what I am seeing in Jax, Pitt, Balt et al. Their TEs are just punishing defenders)

Edited by Uncle Joe

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

This isn't just about Allen, it's about the collection of players this regime has brought in through the draft and free agency. They're simply not good enough. 

I think it is a bit early to say that. Tre White and Matt Milano have been two of the best players on the team so far this season and they are both draft picks of this regime. Poyer and Hyde were also pick ups of this regime. 

I agree that the FA class this year is less than stellar but I am not sure when I look at the overall record so far I am ready to clean house. I think this regime deserves the chance having done its tear down to do the rebuild with 10 picks and plenty of cap space ahead of them. If the team still doesn’t look ready to compete and I mean compete not win 9 games by the end of 2019 then I will be ready to move on.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think it is a bit early to say that. Tre White and Matt Milano have been two of the best players on the team so far this season and they are both draft picks of this regime. Poyer and Hyde were also pick ups of this regime. 

I agree reed that the FA class this year is less than stellar but I am not sure when I look at the overall record so far I am ready to clean house. I think this regime deserves the chance having done its tear down to do the rebuild with 10 picks and plenty of cap space ahead of them. If the team still doesn’t look ready to compete and I mean compete not win 9 games by the end of 2019 then I will be ready to move on.

Count on an Englishman to give a measured take.

THANK YOU SIR. I mean that whole-heartedly.

I agree with getting Teller on the Oline supposedly a road grader coming out of college and can't be worse than Miller. 

Rishard Matthews has to be an upgrade from what we have. Any other WR's that can bring something to the table are worth a look. 

We have to get the running game going or else we are dead ducks. We have to give the QB an outlet either rbs, wrs or tes every play or especially on long pass plays because he is being pressured constantly and has no time. Too many times i saw last week on 3rd and short we are running deep routes with no outlets and taking a sack it's just bad playcalling.

There is no solution that can happen this season for the holes in the roster, which is the essential problem. At a minimum I would play the young players and see whether they have any ability to compete at the NFL level. I might ship out the one or two decent older players in order to get some draft choices. 

The only way this team wins any games this season is if the young players they have on the roster begin to play better. 

Fire Allen, Fire McD, Fire Beane, Fire Benjamin, Fire Peterman, Fireball, Fire New Era Field, Fire Billy The Buffalo, Fire The Marching Band, Fire Chris Brown, Fire The Goal Posts, FIRE EVERYTHING.... and then reclone Jim Kelly

On 10/2/2018 at 5:38 AM, GunnerBill said:

I agree that the FA class this year is less than stellar but I am not sure when I look at the overall record so far I am ready to clean house. I think this regime deserves the chance having done its tear down to do the rebuild with 10 picks and plenty of cap space ahead of them. If the team still doesn’t look ready to compete and I mean compete not win 9 games by the end of 2019 then I will be ready to move on.

Poyer and Hyde were both Whaley pickups. He was extremely good at finding guys like that. 

• Like (+1) 2