Buffalo Bills moving forward

KW95 - JA17

I just watched my first full game of the season.  I had caught some of the first 2 weeks.

What I noticed:

1- Special Teams is atrocious, especially the punt/kick return guys that have no clue where they are, when to fair catch it and when to take it out of the end zone.

2- We have a fantastic running back duo that is underused when it should be the opposite with rookie QB and second year QB.

3-The inability to hike the ball, drop 2-3 steps and releasing the ball on slants, over the middle or for chunks of 4-5 yards.

4-Defense being soft in start of games and being stingy in second half when game is out of reach.

5-Dabol seems to be over his head.  I am shocked by that empty backfield on 2nd and 5 in the second quarter that let Allen get rocked. IMO that was a perfect time to give the ball back to McCoy or Ivory and start establishing the run and giving their defense a break.

I am just an innocent bystander who is willing to clap with McDermott if the franchise takes decisions that will help them long term like:

1- Getting rid of the stank: Hughes, Clay, Benjamin, McCoy in order to get draft picks and free up cap space.

2- Keep talking about the process and showing it on the field. For example: Never have a rookie QB in the middle of a game lined up with no blockers. 

Oh well....

Go Bills

The owners of the Buffalo Bills. the Pegulas, are clueless NFL team owners.

The coaches of the Buffalo Bills have way too little experience.

The quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, rookie Josh Allen, has no one to mentor him in his rookie season.  Josh Allen was drafted into a losing organization and with no one to look up to.  

The quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, rookie Josh Allen, is not developing.  He's just running for his life most of the time.

Going Forward:  Who is going to want to play for the Buffalo Bills next season?  Lots of cap money but that won't attract top talent next season.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Why? he's a smart kid, lack of weapons aside, his processing of defenses and decision making should improve.

Why do you suggest that?

Quarterbacks with those flaws rarely improve in those areas, nor do inaccurate QBs become accurate, which is another of his problems.

Allen made several great plays with his legs last week.  He has yet to impress with his arm.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It has been four games. You watched “some of the first two” and not our huge win last week.

why would anyone respect your opinion on the direction the Bills are headed? You don’t even watch the games.

That's right, I watched the first half of the Ravens game...Turned off the second half.  Did you learn something in that second half?

Watched the first half of the Chargers game. Had to work in the second half.  Did you learn something in that second half?  Please share!

Worked the third game and was happy about the outcome.

Watched this game and pretty much summed up the other 2 losses.  NO RUNNING GAME, BAD SPECIAL TEAMS. LOTS OF MONEY SPENT ON A FEW PLAYERS THAT HAVE NO IMPACT.

But hey, Go ahead and share your opinion.  I'll be anxiously waiting!

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

You lost me at "hike the ball". I stopped using this term when I was nine years old or so.

Also Getting rid of Hughes? He was 70% of the reason we won last week.

Yes!  His 1 good game of the year!

Where was he today?  He never gets a call against him ever.  He is black balled by the refs.  

But again, those are my opinions and I'm realizing that there are many sensitive Bills fans on here that don't admit the product on the field is absolute doodoo.

I didn't say they looked good today. There will be a bunch of these types of games this year. There are tons of issues. Hughes is not one of problems.

3 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Yes!  His 1 good game of the year!

Where was he today?  He never gets a call against him ever.  He is black balled by the refs.  

But again, those are my opinions and I'm realizing that there are many sensitive Bills fans on here that don't admit the product on the field is absolute doodoo.

Just now, qwksilver said:

I didn't say they looked good today. There will be a bunch of these types of games this year. There are tons of issues. Hughes is not one of problems.

He's not one of the problems, I Agree. But he's an underachiever and one of the few trade baits available on this team. Not getting younger and this team is going nowhere.  The time is now to unload and get something somewhat valuable in return.

42 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I just watched my first full game of the season.  I had caught some of the first 2 weeks.

What I noticed:

1- Special Teams is atrocious, especially the punt/kick return guys that have no clue where they are, when to fair catch it and when to take it out of the end zone.

2- We have a fantastic running back duo that is underused when it should be the opposite with rookie QB and second year QB.

3-The inability to hike the ball, drop 2-3 steps and releasing the ball on slants, over the middle or for chunks of 4-5 yards.

4-Defense being soft in start of games and being stingy in second half when game is out of reach.

5-Dabol seems to be over his head.  I am shocked by that empty backfield on 2nd and 5 in the second quarter that let Allen get rocked. IMO that was a perfect time to give the ball back to McCoy or Ivory and start establishing the run and giving their defense a break.

I am just an innocent bystander who is willing to clap with McDermott if the franchise takes decisions that will help them long term like:

1- Getting rid of the stank: Hughes, Clay, Benjamin, McCoy in order to get draft picks and free up cap space.

2- Keep talking about the process and showing it on the field. For example: Never have a rookie QB in the middle of a game lined up with no blockers. 

Oh well....

Go Bills

hughes, clay and mc coy huh? you named the only players who made plays...sooo?

• Like (+1) 1