schoop post game.....

billsredneck1

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t listen to WGR in the afternoon.  I don’t mind the guys in the morning, and the noon show is fine.

schoop is an ass.

I agree with you.

I used to like both the morning and afternoon shows.  The only thing I hate about the morning show is they are talking more and more about fantasy football.  I know people play an are interested in that..but the outsiders/listeners don't want to hear it.

The afternoon show though..wow. I used to listen all the time, now I'm either on satelite radio or listening to 590 out of Toronto.  They usually take 8-12 minutes from the start of the show to get on the topic of the Bills or Sabres...talk TOO MUCH about their personal life and/or family, and they don't really engage with the listeners-they like to state their own point of view..and then if a caller/listener disagrees they talk down to them or their point. 

I disagree with a lot of the opinions of the morning show guys..but I can listen to them. The afternoons how has just gotten unbearable at times..and sometimes uncomfortable to listen to.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree with you.

I used to like both the morning and afternoon shows.  The only thing I hate about the morning show is they are talking more and more about fantasy football.  I know people play an are interested in that..but the outsiders/listeners don't want to hear it.

I like jeremy white for the most part... but cant take the recent talk about his golf game.  I cant stand listening to anyone talking about their golf game.  

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree with you.

The afternoon show though..wow. I used to listen all the time, now I'm either on satelite radio or listening to 590 out of Toronto.  They usually take 8-12 minutes from the start of the show to get on the topic of the Bills or Sabres...talk TOO MUCH about their personal life and/or family, and they don't really engage with the listeners-they like to state their own point of view..and then if a caller/listener disagrees they talk down to them or their point. 

I disagree with a lot of the opinions of the morning show guys..but I can listen to them. The afternoons how has just gotten unbearable at times..and sometimes uncomfortable to listen to.

They definitely ease into the show at the very top with (allegedly) funny anecdotes from their personal lives, etc.  That's clearly a stylistic choice being made by someone in charge of the show.  I don't like it either.

As I've said many times, Schopp does not simply attack anyone who disagrees with him.  He tends to attack idiots who clearly are idiots.  He is polite to callers who can articulate a logical argument, and don't refer to the HC or QB of the team by the wrong name, even if they are offering a contrarian viewpoint.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'm convinced that shoop is told to disagree with every caller 

I can recall back in the early 90's when he first arrived on WHAM in Rochester, people were predicting big things for him, ESPN, etc. which never happened.

So now he's just mad at the word and he blames all the callers for his failure to advance.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I can recall back in the early 90's when he first arrived on WHAM in Rochester, people were predicting big things for him, ESPN, etc. which never happened.

So now he's just mad at the word and he blames all the callers for his failure to advance.

I don't agree with that take.

He grew up on Grand Island and chooses to live there now with his wife and 2 kids.

I think he could have left the area to pursue his career but like many people and many WNYers, he chose to stay close to home.

He is harsh with certain callers and does come across as arrogant.  A lot of folks seem to be rubbed the wrong way by those personality traits.   People who are bothered by that tend to be his harshest critics.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

look , a million people just saw what was an absolute 2 step backwards this staff went with this team....but usually the post game show and hearing other people vent takes some of the steam, coming off my bald ass head, away....however...

in shoop's keeping with his traditional   bash the caller persona , even the post game show is as unbearable, as the game itself...sans dan fouts and the nerd sittin next to him.

anyway, a caller brought up 3rd and 4..or 5 .....in possible fg range , why would you call a pass after all that has gone down....where even 3 points could turn things around and....

schoop treats the caller like an idiot.  well i will still look forward to one bills live,   schoop and his spittin lips have joined the radio coverage with  the coaching staff at bringing this whole thing to a new low.  i can't even get a minute to commiserate with fellow fans who call in.

Most every caller to WGR is an idiot though.

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

He grew up on Grand Island and chooses to live there now with his wife and 2 kids.

I think he could have left the area to pursue his career but like many people and many WNYers, he chose to stay close to home.

He is harsh with certain callers and does come across as arrogant.  A lot of folks seem to be rubbed the wrong way by those personality traits.   People who are bothered by that tend to be his harshest critics.

Well he did start in Rochester, and do recall people saying he'd be on ESPN soon which never happened.  Did he choose to stay because he never got a good offer.  I haven't listened to him in probably 15 years as not on any local radio for me, but he seemed to be arrogant with all callers unless they 100% agreed with him.

16 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I like jeremy white for the most part... but cant take the recent talk about his golf game.  I cant stand listening to anyone talking about their golf game.  

I don't care if someone mentions something about their personal life or something the like. But where I agree with you is where they go on and on about it. Fantasy football also.

If you want to talk fantasy football, I'm totally fine with it. Have a segment where you bring on an 'expert' to talk about it or field questions.  Have a whole 2 hour show about it (they do that, don't they?)  But for all that is good in this world, don't go on..over and over..for days and days about your 'station fantasy draft' or whatever guillotine draft they are having.  Want to bring it up? Ok, I can deal with that even though I'm not interested, but after many mentions over many days..give it a rest.

36 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He should have McDermott on the air tomorrow around 5pm.

What did he say today?  I understand why he would not want to burn bridges in his weekly spot with McD, but by the same token, I think he could be a little more confrontational than he is.

He questioned McDermott’s decisions and said the team doesn’t feel like it has to our score the other team like KC does.

He also was critical to how the roster was built this season.

again though, he doesn’t have the courage to bring these points up to McDermott when he has a chance to speak to him

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Are you Schopp or Bulldog?

Schopp needs a show on NPR where he can talk about culture, technology, etc.    It seems to me he's not that into sports which is frustrating if you tune in to hear about sports.  I find the palate of his show very limited.  Buffalo deserves a sports station or hosts who are knowledgeable and passionate about sports related to Buffalo and nationally.     There should never be reason for a meat or movie draft on a sports talk show.  The hell those things have to do with sports?

• Like (+1) 2