What QB next year

RyanC883

Josh Allen is your Franchise. Matt Barkley is the Backup. Derek Anderson is their Yoda. All are under contract. There's no need to do anything else to the QB situation in 2019. 

One could argue that they should have another young, developing guy instead of DA being essentially a coach using a roster spot. But that's what they chose to do. And you don't keep 4 on the active roster. 

Perhaps they bring in a 4th QB as an arm and in the event someone gets hurt in Training Camp. But you don't spend a draft pick for that. Let alone a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think Trace McSorley would be an interesting backup.  Not sure where he would go in the draft.  I wouldn't take a QB though until the 7th or UDFA.  Bills QB room is solid right now.

I have watched a ton of McSorley. He’s a gamer, very tough kid. But unlike a previous poster I’ve never thought he was accurate. He chucks up a lot of 50/50 balls and prays. He’s a great runner (in college) but small and don’t think he will be able to succeed with that in the nfl. He’s not a Lamar Jackson type runner, he’s not that fast. Just runs hard and determined. I used to think he was Mayfield Lite, but I’ve dialed that back. He was supposed to play in the Senior Bowl but had played with an ankle injury much of the year and I think actually broke his foot in their bowl game.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was supposed to play in the Senior Bowl but had played with an ankle injury much of the year and I think actually broke his foot in their bowl game.  

Correct.  McSorely broke his foot in the Citrus Bowl, then came back into the game to play with a broken foot and almost led a comeback.

He's a tough QB with a ton of heart, but I don't think his game translates to the NFL. 

He might be a late rounder but probably UDFA

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Correct.  McSorely broke his foot in the Citrus Bowl, then came back into the game to play with a broken foot and almost led a comeback.

He's a tough QB with a ton of heart, but I don't think his game translates to the NFL. 

He might be a late rounder but probably UDFA

He was recruited originally as a Safety... I actually think he could play that in the NFL if he wanted to make the switch, which I know isn’t easy. The injury is going to set him back, regardless, on the pre-draft stuff

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I'll go on record and say that Tyree will be in and out of the NFL within 3 years.  At the mid-major level, every time I watched him, I saw nothing but inconsistent efforts.

I think he got some bad advice looking to transfer from UB, and even worse advice to turn pro, with a year of eligibility remaining.

Yeah, he is not very good. He is a physical freak, but is brutally inconsistent and was brutal in their last few games. He shoulda stayed at UB for his senior year.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

Allen is gonna get the rest of his HOF career.

I also think we are set at backup so it might be a good idea to put a good Oline in front of him, get him another WR and TE as well as a RB of the future.

I would consider taking a developmental guy late, but not in round 2 or 3.  McSorley could be a guy like that in the 7th.  Justice Hanson from Arkansas State is another one.  The thing is, it looks as if Buffalo is committed to keeping Barkley as a backup, and Anderson as a third stringer to continue mentoring Josh Allen.  There's no way they will keep a 4th QB on the active roster.  You might as well sign a UDFA to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh, I'm definitely in on this!

I'd take a high-upside QB, just in case... Jackson, IMO, is a 5th-6th rounder at this point in time.

absolutely no way that the Bills take a QB in this draft. They have their QB room for the next season. Maybe they will bring in another vet as a 3rd string after next season or extend Anderson again. I think a team will take a chance on him in the 3rd or 4th round. The Bills will have higher rated players than him to pick from in those rounds.