What QB next year

RyanC883

Just now, pop gun said:

There are so many holes to fill on this roster backup QB is probably last on the list.

Disagree if you want but to think McBean is going to waste any pick on a backup QB is just idiotic.

I don't disagree, he hopefully finds a vet that can play.  Ideally Bridgewater.  Or Matt Moore even.  Or Landry Jones.   But if Allen looks ?? at the end of the year, and a guy those in my list are available, you grab him.   The "we can't grab a QB" thinking is how we pass on a guy like Russel Wilson for a WR!!

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

THIS.   I hope Allen is the guy.  If not, or if we don't know, I'm all for drafting a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  I think there is some talent in that range next year.  

There are scenarios where it may be in our best interest to take a guy in the first round, or even first overall if that's our fate. We don't know yet, and that's the point. This will all become more obvious after the season when we have better information. 

Allen’s fine. When we finally get off our bums and give the kid some lineman and reciever help he’ll be just what the doctor ordered. 

Can take a hit and plays with a serious fire in his belly. I like what I see from the rook. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

Wow. Go away.

24 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'm thinking we take an O-lineman in the 2nd, after taking a DL in the 1st.   

I think we get WR help in FA.  

This is not a "Allen sucks" thread.   Apparently reading comprehension is lost on some.....  Unless Peterman should be our backup, and we shouldn't get insurance against Allen not progressing.   I look at it as a RG3/Cousins type of play, albeit over 2 drafts.  

Based on all our needs, I'm thinking we'd be better of signing a journeyman QB as a back up who could also help develop Allen and save our draft picks on building potential staters instead of wasting one on another nube quarterback.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

I want to keep drafting QB's with the first pick until we get it right 

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

I don't care how good or bad Allen turns out to be, baring the unlikely you're going to give the 7th overall pick two plus full seasons.  Maybe by Nov 2020 if there's no improvement in his play, you'd bench him and consider moving on, though in most cases you change OC's first as the thinking is typically that was the problem.  So how much do you think this a rookie will learn sitting on the bench for two seasons potentially learning from a person who turns out to be no good. I think they will bring in a vet backup for next season.  Drafting a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round, plus Allen, and a vet, you're now forced to take up 3 roster spots on a position that may only see the starter ever play all season.

So to sum it up terrible idea!