What QB next year

RyanC883

On 9/30/2018 at 5:10 PM, Domdab99 said:

how many idiots do we have on this forum? 

(raises both hands )
me !

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Ragland?

Day 1 starter right off the bus...

Those were the days eh ?

Bills have sorted the QB room decently by me. Barkley is #2 and steps in if needed.
Anderson is the Grey beard and mentors. could play if worse case scenario occurred.
But Bills do need to draft one later or pick up someone they thought had potential, and has been pushed out because of a numbers from some other team.

drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd is not a luxury Bills can afford yet with so many needs.
some day we will get our very on Nick Foles though

: )

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

(raises both hands )
me !

Those were the days eh ?

Bills have sorted the QB room decently by me. Barkley is #2 and steps in if needed.
Anderson is the Grey beard and mentors. could play if worse case scenario occurred.
But Bills do need to draft one later or pick up someone they thought had potential, and has been pushed out because of a numbers from some other team.

drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd is not a luxury Bills can afford yet with so many needs.
some day we will get our very on Nick Foles though

: )

I agree that taking a QB in the draft would be a wasted pick.  Would he be for the PS?

I think I get where the OP is coming from but the wording of title didn't help the cause.   

TO me it seems like Buffalo is happy with Barkley and Anderson for next year.   In not, I would rather see a veteran brought in to compete with Barkley.    Unless a higher rated prospect falls into a late round and is drafting with the intent of being a possible backup option, I don;t see a scenario where drafting a QB makes sense this year. 

On 1/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, #34fan said:

Oh, I'm definitely in on this!

I'd take a high-upside QB, just in case... Jackson, IMO, is a 5th-6th rounder at this point in time.

Jackson isn’t a high upside QB and won’t get drafted.

Edited by Bangarang

On 9/30/2018 at 5:14 PM, RyanC883 said:

again, not an "Allen sucks" thread!!!

I didn't put up names that will be available in the 1-2 round range.  We should take DT/OL in those rounds.  I want a young, good backup.   Allen will get injured (all QB's do), and if he does not progress we have a backup.  Really that simple.   If you prefer a vet, throw out a Vet name.   

then what Vet?  Unless you want Peterman as the backup.   !  Yikes.  

Peterman never is going to Buffalo unless he buys a ticket.  You are trolling.

On 9/30/2018 at 2:04 PM, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

Our QB room is set. Allen unquestioned starter, Barkley #2, Anderson acting as QB Assistant coach.  I think we are fine and will probably bring in an arm for training camp and rookie drills.