What QB next year

RyanC883

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

I want trace McSorley, but as WR 

• 3 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 10:17 PM, RyanC883 said:

THIS.   I hope Allen is the guy.  If not, or if we don't know, I'm all for drafting a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  I think there is some talent in that range next year.  

There might be. Next year. This year? As in 2019? I have one 2nd round grade and one 3rd round grade at this point. And they are my top 2 QBs on my board at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still interested? 

I'll go on record and say that Tyree will be in and out of the NFL within 3 years.  At the mid-major level, every time I watched him, I saw nothing but inconsistent efforts.

I think he got some bad advice looking to transfer from UB, and even worse advice to turn pro, with a year of eligibility remaining.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There might be. Next year. This year? As in 2019? I have one 2nd round grade and one 3rd round grade at this point. And they are my top 2 QBs on my board at the moment. 

In fairness his post was from September. I bumped the thread for fun because there folks interested in drafting Tyree.... well he’s out there!

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/30/2018 at 4:04 PM, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

I don't see us drafting a QB in round 2-3.  What are we going to do, cut both Anderson and Barkley whom we just re-signed, or try to stick a 2nd or 3rd round pick on the practice squad, or carry 4 QB on the 53?

• Like (+1) 1

I think Trace McSorley would be an interesting backup.  Not sure where he would go in the draft.  I wouldn't take a QB though until the 7th or UDFA.  Bills QB room is solid right now.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:12 PM, RyanC883 said:

I'm thinking we take an O-lineman in the 2nd, after taking a DL in the 1st.   

I think we get WR help in FA.  

This is not a "Allen sucks" thread.   Apparently reading comprehension is lost on some.....  Unless Peterman should be our backup, and we shouldn't get insurance against Allen not progressing.   I look at it as a RG3/Cousins type of play, albeit over 2 drafts.  

I understood your point but this would be an extraordinary waste of resources this year. The QB room is set for next year and we have far greater needs than a developmental QB.  I could see it in 2020 when Anderson will likely retire and hopefully the Bills do not have so many open holes.