What QB next year

RyanC883

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

My guys in that area are:

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Will Geyer, WVA.  80% completion percentage so far this year.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Clayton Thornson (Northwestern) 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

For those who say "we have bigger needs," or "let Allen have 2 years" I tend to agree.  Therefore, who/what QB would you take in Rd. 2 or 3 that might be there. 

Trace McSorley from PSU.    Accurate ball placement, athletic and a gamer.  Almost a shorter, more accurate Josh Allen.  

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Those of you who watch more college football than I (which isn't very hard), please feel free to chime in on your round 2-3 QB pick.   Doesn't have to be a guy to "challenge" Allen, but a good backup/someone who could be a starter.  

I think you get Allen guys who can block and receivers that can create separation and he will be just fine.  The players around him suck bad,  his #1 receiver would not even pass for and #4 WR receiver.  No time to pass and when he has time receivers are to freaking slow to get open.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

what O linemen and WRs do we take. Benjamin is   terrible

I'm thinking we take an O-lineman in the 2nd, after taking a DL in the 1st.   

I think we get WR help in FA.  

This is not a "Allen sucks" thread.   Apparently reading comprehension is lost on some.....  Unless Peterman should be our backup, and we shouldn't get insurance against Allen not progressing.   I look at it as a RG3/Cousins type of play, albeit over 2 drafts.  

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Ryan Finley  (NC State).  

and 

Already got a franchise QB, no need to draft one.

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

how many idiots do we have on this forum? 

donno.   apparently a lot who lack basic reading comprehension.  

Just now, pop gun said:

Just now, pop gun said:

we do?   wishing we have one is not the same as having one.   we also have no backup.  I'd prefer a backup and Allen insurance.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think you get Allen guys who can block and receivers that can create separation and he will be just fine.  The players around him suck bad,  his #1 receiver would not even pass for and #4 WR receiver.  No time to pass and when he has time receivers are to freaking slow to get open.  

again, not an "Allen sucks" thread!!!

I didn't put up names that will be available in the 1-2 round range.  We should take DT/OL in those rounds.  I want a young, good backup.   Allen will get injured (all QB's do), and if he does not progress we have a backup.  Really that simple.   If you prefer a vet, throw out a Vet name.   

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No QB. Build up Allen's supporting cast that he so desperately needs to succeed.

then what Vet?  Unless you want Peterman as the backup.   !  Yikes.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think we should be afraid to draft another QB if Allen doesn't look like he's developing. That said, you don't take one just to take one. It has to be a guy you believe in. But the idea that Allen needs at least two years before you know is antiquated thinking IMO. Sometimes you can just tell a kid probably isn't going to get there. 

15 games might not be enough to say one way or another. We'll have a better idea after the season, but we shouldn't be closing our minds to options just because we hope we might have our guy. That's bad decision making 101.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Draft a back up QB? Do I have this right?

you got it.   Draft a QB in rounds 2-3 or 4 who can potentially be a starter.   

Not enamored by Peterman or any of the vets.   (unless Saints somehow don't sign Bridgewater)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

again, not an "Allen sucks" thread!!!

I didn't put up names that will be available in the 1-2 round range.  We should take DT/OL in those rounds.  I want a young, good backup.   Allen will get injured (all QB's do), and if he does not progress we have a backup.  Really that simple.   If you prefer a vet, throw out a Vet name.   

then what Vet?  Unless you want Peterman as the backup.   !  Yikes.  

Matt Moore or another decent vet.  Peterman would be cut if I were the guy making decisions. 

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

donno.   apparently a lot who lack basic reading comprehension.  

we do?   wishing we have one is not the same as having one.   we also have no backup.  I'd prefer a backup and Allen insurance.  

There are so many holes to fill on this roster backup QB is probably last on the list.

Disagree if you want but to think McBean is going to waste any pick on a backup QB is just idiotic.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

I don't think we should be afraid to draft another QB if Allen doesn't look like he's developing. That said, you don't take one just to take one. It has to be a guy you believe in. But the idea that Allen needs at least two years is antiquated IMO. Sometimes you can just tell a kid probably isn't going to get there. 

15 games might not be enough to say one way or another. We'll have a better idea after the season. We shouldn't be closing our minds to options just because we hope we might have our guy. 

THIS.   I hope Allen is the guy.  If not, or if we don't know, I'm all for drafting a 2nd or 3rd rounder.  I think there is some talent in that range next year.