Bills vs. Packers Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Two bad drives on defense beats EVERY lousy drive on offense. That’s just how it felt watching live. Forgot to record, so I’ll just try to put this one behind me. We had more moments of competency on defense than we did on offense, from my perspective. 

The thing is the Bills defense started so slowly in those three losses that once the team is behind in points the offense can't seem to get going at all.  Then later on in the game they seem to play much better.

The other thing is it looked like Hughes was being held on almost every play against GB and it wasn't being called. That Minnesota game the offense had 38 rushes and in this weeks game only had 16 rushes all game. McCoy getting only 5 carries and he even stated that the game plan going into this game was getting him more touches and it didn't happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Teller has to replace Miller tomorrow.  Cut Lee and bring back O'Leary. Someone teach Josh what an internal clock is. Cut KB, or maybe he'll retire at half.

Teller or Groy should get a serious look at replacing Miller.  Now what to do about Mills...

Cut Lee...but, but Lee is this great blocker (still looking for confirmation of this) and O'Leary did nothing special (except catch passes when thrown to)  or so I've heard

Between internal clock and diagnosing safety blitzes, hopefully he catches on soon

KB is a waste; ball hits him on the shoulder pad and he can't catch it

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m just saying, I’m not sure I can buy that “the defense was not nearly as horrible as the offense”.  When you let the opponent back you down the field for 14 points on back to back drives and let them convert 57% of their 3rd downs...well, the word ain’t good, and horrible might apply.

Giving up 22 pts to a team that came in averaging 23 pts/game isn't that bad, especially when the offense turns it over 3x and can't sustain drives.

Scoring 0 against a team that came in averaging 28 points against, especially when the D gives you 2 turnovers, is abysmal.

The offense was far worse than the defense today. It isn't even debateable.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Giving up 22 pts to a team that came in averaging 23 pts/game isn't that bad, especially when the offense turns it over 3x and can't sustain drives.

Scoring 0 against a team that came in averaging 28 points against, especially when the D gives you 2 turnovers, is abysmal.

That's the fact Jack!

8 hours ago, Rob's House said:

it was bad.  Abysmal for a rookie can be debated. 

That being said Josh needs to step up into the pocket and if he gets sacked so be it.  better a 3 yard loss than a 5, 10 or 15 yard loss that puts you out of FG range!

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

McDermott is incapable of putting together an offensive playbook, hiring competent offensive coaches, and evaluating offensive talent. He would make a great defensive coordinator, but is overmatched as a head coach. 

It's too early to say this.   The Bills went with getting Josh and the decision was made to take the lumps early on and let him learn.  

McD stepped in to talk over part of the D calls and we've seen an improvement.  28 points in 2 the last 2 games versus 78 in the first 2 and only 3 points for the Chargers after he took over.  

Maybe he should consult with Daboll as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I thought there were multiple blatant holds the refs didn’t call the Packers on today.

Officiating favors the victor, I guess.

i am not bitching as much as taking notice. i noticed some other things as well     :  (

22 hours ago, iinii said:

Same as it ever was

Is that you David Byrne ? that's what i heard.

Talking Heads lead singer saying those exact words and being disappointed as some of us are. 

again.
On to next week/season decade.

still waiting , I'm still waiting , still waiting..

btw the song has a joyous ending 

Go Bills

21 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Edmunds did not come down on Rodgers with his bodyweight as he put his arms down to holds his weight, the announcers were wrong and the refs were right.

you could not see it but one of the guys must have had a better camera angle and said that Edmunds turned his head away for Rodgers as they went down . I assume the effort was recognized he was trying to shift his weight away from Rodgers.

good no call

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

It's not us! 

This is a bad, bad team. Bad offensive line, bad WR corps, bad play calling, game plan. This is an OC who was never that good to begin with and he is not setting up the offense for a rookie to succeed. He is setting up an offense for a pass first offense with a crappy line that can't hold their pass blocks and with receivers that can't get open, get separation. Plus they seem to drop more balls than other teams.

This OC thinks he has the Falcons offense with Matt Ryan at QB that he is calling plays for... All this falls on bad coaching from the OC, the run game coordinator/line coach, receivers coach. 

This offense might get fixed somewhat with better talent all around but I kinda doubt with these coaches. 

Perhaps the whole Offense is going through growing pains with so much turnover ?
Hard to lay the blame on why Allen had a rough day in the NFL as a young rookie in the fire.

Too many option to pick just one.

we all know , but some seem to forget ? It's about play execution on offense. and that ain't happenin enough yet.

Bills will weed players out over time and perhaps get the roster sorted on O. Just hope hope hope my new bff Allen lives/survives  long enough to enjoy when the Offensive roster left to right and front to back is much better than what was trotted out Sunday.
Johnny Cash had a song about the game. "Damn my eyes" he sung. that game was all wrong from an Offensive perspective

20 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The thing is the Bills defense started so slowly in those three losses that once the team is behind in points the offense can't seem to get going at all.  Then later on in the game they seem to play much better.

The other thing is it looked like Hughes was being held on almost every play against GB and it wasn't being called. That Minnesota game the offense had 38 rushes and in this weeks game only had 16 rushes all game. McCoy getting only 5 carries and he even stated that the game plan going into this game was getting him more touches and it didn't happen. 

on every bullet point ? I agree.

Bills panicked on Offense.
like i said my friend, they are very young/new  on Offense , each and together.

rough day all around really. as mentioned some bits more tolerable than others imo.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The officials favored GB all game long.  Jerry was running and windmilling is arms trying to break free of a hold and later he was telling the refs they keep holding (read his lips) 

yep he was dramatic lol
First run play to his side and as he turned to pursue back towards the line of scrimmage. whats his name had the back of his collar. it was easy to see from nearly any angle.

so i watched him rushing when Eddie was not spelling him . 

Those who have dogged him may not have watched him closely since he got here. He is nearly always being held when he is pushing the outside in leverage as he lines up. 

and why i wish they would move him and run more stunts if Star can get any push ever.

I think we can just expect Hughes will be treated as he has since he used to lose it with the refs because of some bias it seems. Maybe he is That good ?

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

yep he was dramatic lol
First run play to his side and as he turned to pursue back towards the line of scrimmage. whats his name had the back of his collar. it was easy to see from nearly any angle.

so i watched him rushing when Eddie was not spelling him . 

Those who have dogged him may not have watched him closely since he got here. He is nearly always being held when he is pushing the outside in leverage as he lines up. 

and why i wish they would move him and run more stunts if Star can get any push ever.

I think we can just expect Hughes will be treated as he has since he used to lose it with the refs because of some bias it seems. Maybe he is That good ?

Kind of hard to have a monster game when the other team (cheats) holds like they did 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Kind of hard to have a monster game when the other team (cheats) holds like they did 

I am sure Coach tells him to find a way to beat the defender regardless. Life is not fair ha ha !!

overcome adversity.

13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

thats true.  but with Jerry ..... we don't need him to retaliate and get the flag himself instead of them 

he has been working on it ! Not easy for a guy with his hair on fire..

story for another day perhaps.

• Haha (+1) 1