Bills vs. Packers Post Game Thread

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The question still stands.  What then?

I want him to start the whole year but if he has more games like this I would draft another first round QB next year. I’m tired of bad QB play. Hopefully, he proves he is the franchise this year.

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

That was worse than a typical rookie game 

Let's break this down...

1) Did the OC put the QB in a place to succeed?

2) Did the OL win battles when numbers were in their favor?

3) Did receivers do their job even adequately?

Josh Allen was and is not blameless in this loss. There were some things he could have done. But, that being said, questions 1-3 are all answered with a resounding "NO."

When that's the case, it's not hard to see why this happened.

• Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That is true. When he had time. 

(In garbage time) 

dont make it out that I’m being over critical cuz I’m not 

You only mentioned the QB, so you are in my view. That facts are it was a team loss and the entire offense needs to shoulder some blame. Not just the QB. Yes, the QB had a bad game but when the offense finally did make a first down the drive was killed by some moron getting a penalty.

The line not being able to make a 3 yard first down in two rush attempts early. This sets the stage for the OC losing confidence in the run game and starts calling more pass plays.

The best player on offense in Shady McCoy had only 5 rushing attempts all game and his rush average was 4.8 yards per carry. Shady should be seeing 25 touches a game. He is also the Bills best receiver catch percentage wise. Just lame! 

The offensive gameplan was hapless. Pretty much played into Pettine’s hands. Hardly any serious attempt to run, leaving Allen exposed to whatever pass rush Pettine decided to dial up. Little wonder he played as poorly as you can expect a rookie QB to.

The O-Line was garbage, but that also is, in part, down to poor preparation. 

I find it ridiculous that most people around here could have come up with a better plan, simply through having seen what he did as DC here previously.

Edited by Buddo
Typo

16 minutes ago, billspro said:

I want him to start the whole year but if he has more games like this I would draft another first round QB next year. I’m tired of bad QB play. Hopefully, he proves he is the franchise this year.

Yeah, everyone knows that if a QB doesn’t shine right out of the gate as a rookie it means he sucks and the solution is to keep drafting QB high until you get one who can function without an OL, RB, and WRs.

Oh, waitaminnut!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

You only mentioned the QB, so you are in my view. That facts are it was a team loss and the entire offense needs to shoulder some blame. Not just the QB. Yes, the QB had a bad game but when the offense finally did make a first down the drive was killed by some moron getting a penalty.

The line not being able to make a 3 yard first down in two rush attempts early. This sets the stage for the OC losing confidence in the run game and starts calling more pass plays.

The best player on offense in Shady McCoy had only 5 rushing attempts all game and his rush average was 4.8 yards per carry. Shady should be seeing 25 touches a game. He is also the Bills best receiver catch percentage wise. Just lame! 

Shady only getting 5 touches is totally on Dabol 

• Like (+1) 1

On another note, I don’t think Darnold or Rosen really look any better than Allen today. Hopefully he can learn from this game. One thing I didn’t like was that it kind of seemed like he gave up in the fourth quarter by his demeanor on the bench. I wish he would have been looking at the Tablet and trying to figure out a way to win. The game was not out of reach.

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

And that pick for Graham’s TD was just awful. New England at least has the sense to make them look accidental and smooth. 

I know complaining about the refs is the last refuge of a scoundrel, but that was just so damn frustrating. 

That pick play set the tone.  Dude looked like Karl Malone dishing to Stockton out there.  Refs weren't calling jack squat.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Troy Aikman went 1-14 IIRC. 

R E L A X 

1989 says....idk...you might be having a h.s. reunion coming up......if anyone is still around....lol

ooh and wait ...wasn't it just a mere 20 years ago where p. manning had his awful rookie year?

Edited by billsredneck1

All I know is, when Allen looked like he hurt his right hand, I preferred he played left handed rather than have Peterman come in. 

Tough game for the kid, as it was for most everyone today. 

Daboll layed an egg big time. 

There will be games like this for young QBs, especially when they don’t have too many options out there. It’s over and it’s all about how he gets off the mat.

On to the Titans. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buddo said:

The offensive gameplan was hapless. Pretty much played into Pettine’s hands. Hardly any serious attempt to run, leaving Allen exposed to whatever pass rush Pettine decided to dial up. Little wonder he played as poorly as you can expect a rookie QB to.

The O-Line was garbage, but that also is, in part, down to poor preparation. 

I find it ridiculous that most people around here could have come up with a better plan, simply through having seen what he did as DC here previously.

Totally agree, I knew the packers LBs are decent run stoppers and Matthew's is pretty much just a pass rusher now days but, shady is faster and better than all of them, dump offs, screens, jet sweeps weren't even attempted today. Allen was forced as a rookie to make progression throws against very good DBs with the worst WR core in the league and with a blitzing LB under his chin every play. We have a good power bruiser with ivory and a playmaker with shady doing nothing on the offense.

• Thank you (+1) 1