Songs that remind you of the Bills

Big Turk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Was leaving a restaurant tonight and Elton John's "Rocket Man" came on and I immediately thought back to Jim Kelly throwing downfield to James Lofton and it always makes me a little sad to think about the glory days...

The reason for this is a little strange but I used to work out in the living room of my parents house growing up on the nordic track and always watched an NFL Films video called "The NFL Rocks" where rhey had various songs with NFL highlights playing...and Rocket Man always came on aa they showed Kelly standing in the pocket and throwing a strike downfield...must have watched this video 100+ times.

Was wondering what songs(other than Shout) for you bring back memories of the Bills?

I remember that video. Seem to remember they had Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi on there too.

There was also one called NFL Goes Motown. Now, this video was made before the Bills lost the 4 Super Bowls, and they had a segment featuring Elway and Tarkenton losing all their Super Bowls, set to What Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin. But now whenever I hear that song I always picture Kelly getting sacked in the big game, or Thurman sitting on the sidelines with his head in his hands after the 4th loss.

Weird how things turn out, what with Elway winning 2 in the end. 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I remember that video. Seem to remember they had Livin on a Prayer by Bon Jovi on there too.

There was also one called NFL Goes Motown. Now, this video was made before the Bills lost the 4 Super Bowls, and they had a segment featuring Elway and Tarkenton losing all their Super Bowls, set to What Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin. But now whenever I hear that song I always picture Kelly getting sacked in the big game, or Thurman sitting on the sidelines with his head in his hands after the 4th loss.

Weird how things turn out, what with Elway winning 2 in the end. 

Yeah they had Livin on a Prayer and You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi in there...Crocodile Rock, Hurts So Good and Authority Song by John Cougar Mellancamp, Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer...can't remember any of the others off the top of my head...now that I see the list it appears they liked to have 2 songs from the same artist as Elton John, JCM and Bon Jovi all had 2 in there...maybe that was the licensing deal discount.

Never saw the Motown one...I'll have to see if I can find it on YouTube...I believe I had this cause my Mom got me Sports Illustrated and that was one of the freebies that came with it at the time...

Edited by matter2003