Would Allen go Number 1 in a different draft?

I think it would be very unlikely he'd go number one overall in any draft. Too many question marks and not enough success coming out of college.

Allen profiles as the third round guy who a few teams fall in love with and take in the 10-20 range of the first round. He's Kyle Boller. There's someone like him every few years. 

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he's going to bust or won't be any good, just that he's another QB in a long line that entered the draft with superior physical attributes but not much success at the college level. Those guys almost never go number one.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

I think if he entered last year, he would've been a 3rd round pick at best. He benefited greatly from hype leading up to the draft (there's always 1 guy who shoots up based on size & arm strength), but you also have to look at which teams were where, and who needed what at that same point.

In hindsight, I think every team who even semi-wanted a QB would now have opted for Mahomes without question. The guy is having a record-breaking year, and its his first season as a starter. Yesterday on ESPN, all the "experts" were talking about earlier favorites for MVP candidates, and Mahomes was the consensus #1 for all of them. So would Allen be taken before Mahomes? No. Would he be taken before Watson? Unlikely. 

But if he strings together some more pretty good games, the hindsight people might decide he could possibly go before Watson.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think he goes # 1 in most drafts that weren’t stacked. 

Probably would next year (although Herbert is well liked). 

Will Grier will probably be a 1st round pick too.

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If my uncle had a a vagina, would he be my aunt?

I dunno, it's 2018...does he also identify as your aunt, or is the vagina just there for show & he actually identifies as your uncle still?

Edited by BigDingus

59 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I think it would be very unlikely he'd go number one overall in any draft. Too many question marks and not enough success coming out of college.

Allen profiles as the third round guy who a few teams fall in love with and take in the 10-20 range of the first round. He's Kyle Boller. There's someone like him every few years. 

To be clear, I'm not suggesting he's going to bust or won't be any good, just that he's another QB in a long line that entered the draft with superior physical attributes but not much success at the college level. Those guys almost never go number one.

And guys with Allen’s traits don’t last till the 3rd round

and real scouts had him as a true early first round pick

Edited by Buffalo716

We will see how Baker does, but people are kinda sleeping on Barkley cuz hes not scoring TDs, but if you really watch him play hes a game changer, he breaks the first tackle attempt amost every single time and falls forward for 2 yards every time. And he catches as good or better than any rb in the nfl. Hes a special talent