Don't look now, but the Bills have sneakily one of the best defenses in the NFL

BringBackOrton

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The Vikes game may prove to be a nasty lil outlier later in the season

and this is why i checked up on the Vikes Rams game thursday.

Cousins put up a ton of yards using quick release patterns. Bills need a nice job of covering just long enough to allow D line to get that pressure.

its a balancing act.

Methinks last week was the beginning of a trend of a young but better team overall then i expected.

If Offense can stay steady enough during some rough patches ? we might be building something here to last.

22 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

I read an article a few days ago about how during the first 6 quarters of the season, the Bills were on track to demolish a record for worst defense ever.

And then the article went on to say that we were statistically best or 2nd best in almost every category.

I honestly forgot just how good, but when I leave work I’ll try to post what I can find

I remembered the same thing and dug this up that I read the other day, think this was it:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/32272/bills-pull-defensive-u-turn-but-dont-point-to-vontae-davis-exit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

too early as the sample size is way too small.

One good game like Vikes game and you shoot up the charts. Shoot up so far that the eye test you have seen so far in season is disturbing and confusing as to what the hell is really the truth.

Very encouraging though and we all hope it continues.

Exactly.  It's still not clear if we are a bottom 3 team in the league.

We well might be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

and this is why i checked up on the Vikes Rams game thursday.

Cousins put up a ton of yards using quick release patterns. Bills need a nice job of covering just long enough to allow D line to get that pressure.

its a balancing act.

Methinks last week was the beginning of a trend of a young but better team overall then i expected.

If Offense can stay steady enough during some rough patches ? we might be building something here to last.

Boy I sure hope your right my friend. If we can begin to turn the corner going into a “rich” offseason I will be totally ecstatic. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

The BIG question for this D is can they stop the run?  It was their Achilles heal last year and last week the Vikings didn’t even attempt to run (due to RB injuries and our fast start).  As great as we looked last week, don’t forget what NO did to us last year — we couldn’t have looked worse that day.

If we play a power power running team and hold them under 4yds a carry en route to winning, I will start to get very excited.

The Bills held Baltimore the less than 4 yards per carry. The Ravens avg. 3.4 ypc on the day. Of course, that was lost in the abosute atrocity of the rest of the day.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

24th in points allowed.

Pretty impressive, given a 47-3 start in week one. That is Super Fugly!  I will dwell on more recent history to help me sleep at night. If things go seriously south tomorrow, I’ll find new ways to cope. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Two blowouts against the Bills, one blowout for  the Bills. A long season ahead too. 

We will see down the road if they are good or not and right now not so much. 

Six bad quarters, six good quarters. LOOOOONG way to go, for sure. 

We got spanked week 1/2. Nothing about that is the best or sneaky. 

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

9th in yards.  8th in yards per play.  14th in takeaways. 11th in passing NY/A allowed. 8th in YPC allowed. 8th in yards per drive.  10th in plays per drive. 9th in time per drive.

There are some really horrifying stats too.  24th in points allowed.  But when you consider we are 29th in starting position, and we had the Peterman game, and Chargers debacle, I think the arrow is pointing up.

The stat that determines if you win or not is the one I care about.

Edited by Elite Poster