[Vague Title] I want a Do Over

chef4131

43 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I just think he will turn into what we expected when drafted. His rookie campaign was a bit tough but willing to see what this guy can still do. 

I think Zay can be a solid #2 and slot WR if he works real hard. He hasnt fully adjusted to the NFL yet. And still isnt that good at beating press coverage. He has def shown small improvements from last season

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He might be okay but he is nowhere near those other guys. He has a long way to go before he even belongs in a conversation with Kupp and Juju. Their numbers this year are close to his combined through the first 2 years. They’ve also caught 15 more TDS between them. Zay may end up okay but there is no comparison.

Agree. Rite now theres no comparrison when we stop being homers. Yes the QB matter but Zay dropped so many catchable balls last year that the argument doesnt apply to him. Especially if you see all the off target highlight reel catches the other two have made

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Man, so if we drafted JUJU or Kupp and Zay was playing with Ben or Goff we be saying we wish we drafted Zay and need a draft "do over" no?

How about we give Zay 7-8 targets a game 1st before we "confirm" him a bust?

But, but, but what about our number 1 KB?  We need to keep throwing to him.  He is a stud and Cam Newton isn't it good.

Edited by KW95

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And he is averaging 2 catches and 35 yards a game. He has a 57 yard catch too. His numbers are just like they were. He just isn’t very good. He may improve and I loved the pick. I was wrong.

The QB of the first game was Nate Peterman.  Give it a little time.  Kupp has Goff and JuJu has Roethlisberger.

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

The QB of the first game was Nate Peterman.  Give it a little time.  Kupp has Goff and JuJu has Roethlisberger.

Kupp did more for Goff than Goff did for Kupp last year.

9 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

JuJu is what this team needed last season a wr that could stretch the field.

JuJu is playing a majority of his snaps from the slot.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Doesnt matter hes light years away from Zay

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

No receiver would have made a difference with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

Who threw all the passes Zay dropped last year?

Zay was far worse for TT than TT was for Zay.

I love all these posts where they say he would be good in the slot. He is too slow to play outside. So people assume he would be good in the slot. Slot WR needs elite quickness in today's NFL. Zay has shown no ability to play in the slot. He doesnt separate and he doesn't make the contested catch.  He is best at lining up outside and running hitch, post, and deep cross.  All of which are slower developing plays.

It's the same lazy assumption a bust OT can play OG. 

Too soon to write him off but he looks like a complete bust at this point. 

21 minutes ago, PIZ said:

No need to make excuses for him. He had all kinds of opportunities and hasn’t been good. He was the lowest graded WR in the NFL last year. He may get better but he has been bad.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Who threw all the passes Zay dropped last year?

Zay was far worse for TT than TT was for Zay.

I love all these posts where they say he would be good in the slot. He is too slow to play outside. So people assume he would be good in the slot. Slot WR needs elite quickness in today's NFL. Zay has shown no ability to play in the slot. He doesnt separate and he doesn't make the contested catch.  He is best at lining up outside and running hitch, post, and deep cross.  All of which are slower developing plays.

It's the same lazy assumption a bust OT can play OG. 

Too soon to write him off but he looks like a complete bust at this point. 

I disagree. It’s no longer too soon to write him off. He has shown no improvement since last year.