Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

I wouldn't say he's quietly helped the impact; he's been quite noticeable, as evidenced by a couple other threads over the past two or three weeks. Now, if someone could step up and take a hold of the other CB position...

I love the way he plays. He is the most physical corner we have had since Winfield. I hope we have him and Tre for a long time. This secondary is so close to being a special unit. One of those units that gets a nickname and shuts down all the QBs.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

This draft class may become one of the best ever if Allen develops and hits the potential of his physical skills.  If Teller becomes a contributor then the first five picks will be solid contributors.

both drafts have been solid since McD, their pro scouting hasn't as good though.

12 minutes ago, TPS said:

I wouldn't say he's quietly helped the impact; he's been quite noticeable, as evidenced by a couple other threads over the past two or three weeks. Now, if someone could step up and take a hold of the other CB position...

I think the second CB will be very high on McDermott's offseason need list.

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

I love the way he plays. He is the most physical corner we have had since Winfield. I hope we have him and Tre for a long time. This secondary is so close to being a special unit. One of those units that gets a nickname and shuts down all the QBs.

Attica

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

I’m hoping Ryan Lewis can become the guy. He’s very raw, but athletic. 

I hope so too.  They have added some nice depth with in-season pick ups on defense.  Phillips and Lewis have fit in like a glove.  The defense is clicking on all three levels.  Impressive for the roster turnover on that side of the ball this past offseason.  A lot of new faces have shined in McDermott's defense.  Rookies, free agents and players that were already on the team.  Hughes is playing some of the best ball of his career so far this season.  He's been the poor man's von miller he was a few years ago.  Kyle is still getting in on the action and he looks like the guy who plays santa at the mall.  Everything seems to be working.  I have to credit the coaching staff.  McDermott knows what he wants on in his defensive players and seems to be picking them out of the sky and putting them into place.  It's pretty impressive so far.  I mean, a 5th round pick, a fourth round pick and waiver pick ups are making differences on the field.  Hard to hit on all of that in the time that they've been here.  Hopefully the solid play on that side of the ball continues.

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

both drafts have been solid since McD, their pro scouting hasn't as good though.

I respectfully disagree that their pro scouting has been lacking. 

The Benjamin, Kerley, and Matthews acquisitions at WR have proven to be bad moves. Otherwise, though? Pretty good results, in my opinion.

The additions of Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer -- arguably both Pro Bowl level talents who are just entering the prime -- was a master stroke. Star, Trent, Jordan Phillips, Eddie Yarbrough, and Chris Ivory seem to be working out well, too. Even Vlad Ducasse -- the favorite whipping boy of Bills fans -- has played well this year. 

In fact, I'd say that all of their pro personnel acquisitions at positions OTHER than WR have worked out anywhere from decent to exceptional. The lack of success finding WR help, however, is cause for concern, based on the fact that the Panthers (from whom Beane came to us) ALSO demonstrated an inability to find quality WRs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10-11: Bills' CB Taron Johnson on WGR (8:19)

#Bills cornerback Taron Johnson (@Taronj11) joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR! Tune in:

Johnson on his first career interception this past Sunday - I just read Mariota’s eyes and I was able to break the route. #Bills

Johnson - When I came here, my goal was to be on the field and help the team. Just wanted to work hard and help the defense. #Bills

Johnson - No matter how I’m feeling, I’m going to go out there and go 100-percent. #Bills

Johnson - I feel like the coaches have done a nice job the past few games. They simplified things, and they want us to go out and play fast and smart. #Bills

Johnson - My goal was always to make the NFL. I know that Weber State is not the biggest of schools, but that was the route I needed to take. #Bills

• Like (+1) 2