Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One? Not a fan of Edmunds or Phillips?

I like both of them. Did not like the trade up for Edmunds though.   That high third round pick could have been used on some sort of offensive weapon (Royce Freeman, Antonio Calloway, or—god forbid—a lineman). Too many holes to give up a premium pick for a linebacker.  Maybe he’s still there at 22...

Edited by mannc

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is also a great example of how to avoid putting your body weight on the QB. The defender hits the QB and then turns his body as they both fall to the ground.

This is going to be the technique we see from defenders here on out.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I like both of them. Did not like the trade up for Edmunds though.   That high third round pick could have been used on some sort of offensive weapon (Royce Freeman, Antonio Calloway, or—god forbid—a lineman). Too many holes to give up a premium pick for a linebacker.  Maybe he’s still there at 22...

Ah ok wellll that’s not what you said 

“...they found at least one guy who can play.”

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I feel your pain regarding the lack of weapons on offence, but my sense of it is that Edmonds may well wind up a steal where he was taken and well worth the trade up.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think that's an extremely optimistic maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I feel your pain regarding the lack of weapons on offence, but my sense of it is that Edmonds may well wind up a steal where he was taken and well worth the trade up.

Could be.  And of course we don’t really know who they would have taken at 22 or with pick 65 if they’d kept it.

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Especially since the Chargers literally said they were taking him at 17 if he was still there. They struck gold anyway with James but unless they are lying (why would they after the draft?) he certainly would not have been there at 22.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

There was definitely a lot of interest in Edmunds, I highly doubt he would've lasted much later in the 1st:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/03/buffalo-bills-linebacker-tremaine-edmunds-was-nearly-a-miami-dolphins/

• Like (+1) 1