Taron Johnson playing very good ball.

JerseyBills

18 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

We were outscored 75-9 through 6 quarters and now all of a sudden we have a rebuilt defense and all these star draft picks?

We shouldn't give it another minute?

Sunday is going to show whether September is actually the new August in the NFL. Teams are settling in after virtually zero cohesive  playing time in preseason. Yes, The Bills looked horrible for the first six quarters but have been a shut down defense in the last six. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Yep, Johnson's been balling.

Quietly, the Bills have rebuilt their defense. It's not finished yet, but a core of Edmunds, Milano, Philips, White, Hyde, Poyer, and Johnson (with Murphy and Star as nice veteran additions through free agency) is very promising. 

I do agree that we're a CB away from a top 5 secondary, but best in the league?

Peters, Talib, Joyner, Johnson for the Rams or Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church from the Jags might have something to say about that.

Put a better more consistent pass rush in front of them and don't think it's a stretch to be considered one of the best.  The Bill's VB's are also very young, could see more improvement there.

Hopefully as he and Lewis continue to mature

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Quietly, the Bills have rebuilt their defense. It's not finished yet, but a core of Edmunds, Milano, Philips, White, Hyde, Poyer, and Johnson (with Murphy and Star as nice veteran additions through free agency) is very promising. 

Peters, Talib, Joyner, Johnson for the Rams or Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church from the Jags might have something to say about that.

Talib's on IR.  So top-2 secondary.  Hopefully Lewis and Johnson keep improving.

13 hours ago, billspro said:

4 Rookies with significant playing time and playing well. Harrison Phillips had the second highest grade in PFF for rookie DTs too. 

We are one CB away from having the best secondary in the NFL. White, Poyer, Hyde, and Johnson are legit.

Ryan Lewis perhaps?

He did beat out Lafayette Pitts, who was with the team all of preseason, to be signed on the 53 from the practice squad; and he played admirably. 

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

You left out the Frazier downgrade equation.  It's rather significant it appears.

....good question......what caused Frazier's "sudden defensive epiphany"?..........we were lethargic during pre-season and worse during the first 6 quarters......McD supposedly takes away play calling, but returns them for Vikes  game (stellar D) along with a game ball.......is it passin' the "smell test"?.......

16 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I would pump the brakes on the elite secondary claims....... Yes they play well together in spurts but besides a top 10 corner in White its a couple scrappy safeties, a so far pretty good Johnson and then a bunch of help me baby Jesuses as the remaining cb's.......front 4 and lb is where to focus on really finishing the overall unit though. 

Hyde and Proyer are a very legit top 5 safety combo in the league, so to underplay them as "scrappy" is under playing them and as you mentioned White is a stud at corner. That's a pretty good base to start a secondary with, toss in the fact that Johnson seems to be playing well and that adds a second pretty good reliable corner. If you have 4 very legit players who can all play at a high level that's a pretty dam good secondary if they are all healthy. IF Johnson is playing at a high level I would classify them as a top 5 secondary. 

16 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I would pump the brakes on the elite secondary claims....... Yes they play well together in spurts but besides a top 10 corner in White its a couple scrappy safeties, a so far pretty good Johnson and then a bunch of help me baby Jesuses as the remaining cb's.......front 4 and lb is where to focus on really finishing the overall unit though. 

A couple of scrappy what? Lol

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, billspro said:

4 Rookies with significant playing time and playing well. Harrison Phillips had the second highest grade in PFF for rookie DTs too. 

We are one CB away from having the best secondary in the NFL. White, Poyer, Hyde, and Johnson are legit.

Harry has been really solid and may negate the need to draft another DT on day 1 or 2. We'll still need some depth, though. That's assuming Kyle retires before 2019.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

A couple of scrappy what? Lol

Just replace "scrappy" with "excellent" and you've got it. S is the strongest position on the team.

Love seeing positive threads around here. Taron Johnson has been playing great ball as of late. Very excited about the kid. I love how this coaching staff identifies needs and addresses them in the later rounds. Milano and now Johnson. Very encouraging. 

Any news on Phillip Gaines? 

22 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah how about that rams secondary :lol:

On 9/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, Logic said:

While I think they Bills are well on their way and probably top 10 in that category, let's take off our fan glasses here.

The Ravens (J Smith/Humphrey, Weddle/Jefferson), and the Chargers (Hayward/King/Williams, Addae/James) are shoe-ins. The Titans, Jets, and Vikings (Been bad, but have arguably the best safety and corner in the game), Eagles are probably better too.

Excited to be wrong though.

On 9/29/2018 at 7:38 AM, I am the egg man said:

Way too early to be glorifying any new player, or one who's lingered in obscurity here, as solid based on two horrible games and only one decent game. 

You can't say that. 1 game has has turned us into a wild card contender that can blow out the Pack at Lambeau.