Before I get flamed, this is my first post and a WR question

Seoulful Soul

I personally think the guy is an narcissistic, sociopathic, ego driven head case, but since no one has kicked the tires on him, would it be advisable to bring in Dez for a workout with Allen to see if they can co-exist?

My initial feeling is "no" because his skills seemed to be slipping last year and he's too much baggage, but the WR position is desperate with Jones looks losting, Benjamin looks like stone hands, and the rest looking. . .well, just looking.  Right now, WR seems to be the really weak link in the offense, since they can't seem to run quick slants without dropping balls or mistiming routes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

I personally think the guy is an narcissistic, sociopathic, ego driven head case, but since no one has kicked the tires on him, would it be advisable to bring in Dez for a workout with Allen to see if they can co-exist?

My initial feeling is "no" because his skills seemed to be slipping last year and he's too much baggage, but the WR position is desperate with Jones looks losting, Benjamin looks like stone hands, and the rest looking. . .well, just looking.  Right now, WR seems to be the really weak link in the offense, since they can't seem to run quick slants without dropping balls or mistiming routes.

Well, first off - I think one reason the Bills won in Minn a week ago was that the WR stepped up.  Overall the team’s drop percentage is still high because of their awful performance in Baltimore, but they weren’t that bad last week - 11 of 17 for the WR/TE.

Second, I’m not sure what we need on the team is a narcissistic sociopathic ego driven head case, even if he is a better WR than any we’ve got.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Dez has not been good in a while. I wouldn't want him even if he wanted to come here, unless it was at a very low price tag.

I don't think he has much more to offer the NFL by this point.

I disagree. He will be a red zone/3rd down threat for someone. Can’t run routes but he CAN catch.

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I disagree. He will be a red zone/3rd down threat for someone. Can’t run routes but he CAN catch.

That's what everyone says about big, old, has-been receiver's. It rarely works out that way.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dez is looking for a very specific team and I don't think it's Buffalo. 

He wanted to go to the Browns, one of the worst franchises in the league over the past few years, and Tyrod, an extremely low ceiling passer, was the QB at the time.

I'm just thinking nobody wants him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, first off - I think one reason the Bills won in Minn a week ago was that the WR stepped up.  Overall the team’s drop percentage is still high because of their awful performance in Baltimore, but they weren’t that bad last week - 11 of 17 for the WR/TE.

Second, I’m not sure what we need on the team is a narcissistic sociopathic ego driven head case, even if he is a better WR than any we’ve got.

They did? They were not much of a factor from what I remember. It was mostly Brian Daboll, Leslie Frazier, Josh Allen, and the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dez is looking for a very specific team and I don't think it's Buffalo. 

I do not agree with this.  He's not valuable enough to be waiting for something specific.  I believe he thought that but he needs a job and would take one as soon as one is offered.  The market has spoken by now. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They did? They were not much of a factor from what I remember. It was mostly Brian Daboll, Leslie Frazier, Josh Allen, and the defense. 

Yes, they did.

I don’t think Brian Daboll caught many passes from Allen, and I’m quite sure Allen caught none from himself.

Did Allen play like his hair was on fire, gain yards and score TDs yes. 

Did the WR and TE contribute?  Also yes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

I do not agree with this.  He's not valuable enough to be waiting for something specific.  I believe he thought that but he needs a job and would take one as soon as one is offered.  The market has spoken by now. 

You might not believe that, but he does. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, they did.

I don’t think Brian Daboll caught many passes from Allen, and I’m quite sure Allen caught none from himself.

Did Allen play like his hair was on fire, gain yards and score TDs yes. 

Did the WR and TE contribute?  Also yes.

They did, but they were not a primary factor in the victory. 

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What are you talking about our wrs had 4 drops in the 1st half of that Viking game alone.