Before I get flamed, this is my first post and a WR question

Seoulful Soul

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I disagree. He will be a red zone/3rd down threat for someone. Can’t run routes but he CAN catch.

His drop rate was very high last year. In fact over the last 3 years his BEST catch % is 52.3%. 

Edited by GunnerBill

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They did? They were not much of a factor from what I remember. It was mostly Brian Daboll, Leslie Frazier, Josh Allen, and the defense. 

I remember the same.  kb dropping a couple, fosters big drop, while a tougher catch clay also drop one in the end zone. Not sure 4-5 drops in one game qualifies as good

First, you’re not going to get flamed.  It’s a reasonable question and welcome to the board.  Don’t be a stranger.

second, McD and Beane do not gel with Dez.  He’s the type of guy we’ve been purging since they came into Buffalo.  The WR in my opinion played a better game, not a great game last week.   It’s the same reason we didn’t bring in Gordon who is at this time far more talented than Dez.

i know on paper it sounds like a good idea, I just don’t see it happen.  Again,  welcome to the board and don’t worry about everyone.  Heck I’ve been flamed more than a few times, but probably deserving.   No one means anything by it, just simply. Disagreeing with an opinion about our beloved Bills.

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Dez is not the kind of playmate you want for your new rookie QB, even if he might be a little bigger, stronger and faster than some of the current guys.

....not to mention the Almighty Jerry kicked him to the curb......a Cowgirls rarity.........

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That wasn’t my premise at all.  I just question the OP’s assertions - I don’t think the WR performance is quite as dire as he believes.

Doesn’t mean it’s good

I think they’re not interested in Dez because they’re not interested in his combination of current skills, salary demands, and personality.

When you have the worst WR unit in the league....it’s dire.  No?  

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, they did.

I don’t think Brian Daboll caught many passes from Allen, and I’m quite sure Allen caught none from himself.

Did Allen play like his hair was on fire, gain yards and score TDs yes. 

Did the WR and TE contribute?  Also yes.

The WRs were terrible against Minnesota.  They dropped 3 easy catches.  As percentages go, that is horrible. 

"Before I get flamed, this is my first post and a WR question"

You won't get flamed as long as you don't lightheartedly combine jokes about politics with sports in here.

.....that gets some in here panties in a bunch as I have recently found out and have been dutifully warned and put on some sort of probation for doing so.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not to mention the Almighty Jerry kicked him to the curb......a Cowgirls rarity.........

He did it to TO.

First he overpays them

Then JJ asks them to take a pay cut when they refuse they get cut 

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dez is looking for a very specific team and I don't think it's Buffalo. 

Dez has overplayed his hand greatly.  The reasons Dallas moved on were because he is a head case and was late/no show to meetings.  He is not a good fit in buffalo at all.  

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, first off - I think one reason the Bills won in Minn a week ago was that the WR stepped up.  Overall the team’s drop percentage is still high because of their awful performance in Baltimore, but they weren’t that bad last week - 11 of 17 for the WR/TE.

Second, I’m not sure what we need on the team is a narcissistic sociopathic ego driven head case, even if he is a better WR than any we’ve got.

Bills went down that road with the one year rental Terrell Owens, and that was before the pushups in his driveway or flexing in a home gym next to the Koi pond with choppers buzzing overhead like it was the OJ slow roll (ok, the koi pond is taking some dramatic liberties) but he was already a head case himself before the Russ Brandon/Jauronimo (love that moniker on this board) regime brought him in for 2009. Anyone remember that year? Jauronimo was mercifully axed halfway through and Fewell started his forgettable run. TO was still able to put up decent numbers for what he was at that point in his career though. 

Legend
  Led the league
Bold Career high
Year Team Games Receiving
G GS Rec Yards Avg Long TD
1996 SF 16 10 35 520 14.9 46T 4
1997 SF 16 15 60 936 15.6 56T 8
1998 SF 16 10 67 1,097 16.4 79T 14
1999 SF 14 14 60 754 12.6 36 4
2000 SF 14 13 97 1,451 15.0 69T 13
2001 SF 16 16 93 1,412 15.4 60T 16
2002 SF 14 14 100 1,300 13.0 76T 13
2003 SF 15 15 80 1,102 13.8 75T 9
2004 PHI 14 14 77 1,200 15.6 59T 14
2005 PHI 7 7 47 763 16.2 91T 6
2006 DAL 16 15 85 1,180 13.9 56T 13
2007 DAL 15 15 81 1,355 16.7 52T 15
2008 DAL 16 16 69 1,052 15.2 75T 10
2009 BUF 16 16 55 829 15.1 98T 5
2010 CIN 14 11 72 983 13.7 78T 9
Career 219 201 1,078 15,934 14.8 98T 153

2 hours ago, Pbomb said:

I remember the same.  kb dropping a couple, fosters big drop, while a tougher catch clay also drop one in the end zone. Not sure 4-5 drops in one game qualifies as good

Agreed. Their collective impact was more negative than positive with the drop issue still showing up too often on routine catches.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

When you have the worst WR unit in the league....it’s dire.  No?  

Well, the OP started out with " they can't seem to run quick slants without dropping balls or mistiming routes. "

In fact, in the last week and a half, I've seen basic routes run without dropping balls and mistiming routes.  Been watching all-22, starting with the run plays (aside: you want dire - look at the run blocking esp v. Chargers) but sliding in to the pass plays.   Vs Chargers, the main problem was Allen not progressing through his reads, there were guys open.  Last week, he saw more of these but still left plays on the field.  Our WR aren't world beaters, but they were being schemed open more often than not. 

That horrid muffed flip pass (called a fumble) by RayRay was run beautifully by Foster against the Chargers.

Doesn't mean they might not be the worst WR unit in the league, just means not quite as dire as being unable to run a quick slant or correctly timed route.

• Like (+1) 1