highest percentage of passes dropped -

Socal-805

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/9/27/17911480/the-bills-have-the-highest-percentage-of-passes-dropped

Does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Holy freakin: CRAP!!!

I really don't understand the K.Benjamin  thing and probably never will...

You’ll forgive me for not upvoting you for this tidbit, Sir.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Honestly, there probably is something to the fact that Allen throws too hard. That’s not a bad thing. It’s a good thing if you have recievers that can catch it because it get to them faster and can fit in smaller windows. 

I just think the coaches have to be  to be aware of this when bringing in recievers. Some guys can catch, but can they catch the heat? It really is a skill on top of a skill. 

Its why I’d really like us to try and trade for that guy on the Bears (if he’s still there) that caught almost all of Allen’s passes in college. 

That would be tanner Gentry.. and he is on the Bears PS and available.

he also is not fast and dropped Josh Allen passes in college 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That would be tanner Gentry.. and he is on the Bears PS and available.

he also is not fast and dropped Josh Allen passes in college 

Yes, that’s it, Gentry. And yes again, he’s not lightning fast. God I’m so sick of people thinking football is a combine. 

The field is full of guys that aren’t “fast” in nfl terms. That’s probably more than 70% of the guys out there. 

Obviously he dropped passes genius, it was an exaggeration to add a slice of humor. Are you always this dull or do you just try extra hard when you’re on football message boards? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yes, that’s it, Gentry. And yes again, he’s not lightning fast. God I’m so sick of people thinking football is a combine. 

The field is full of guys that aren’t “fast” in nfl terms. That’s probably more than 70% of the guys out there. 

Obviously he dropped passes genius, it was an exaggeration. Are you always this dull or do you just try extra hard when you’re on football message boards? 

I fully realize football isn’t a track meet. But he doesn’t play that fast on the field

i am all for upgrading our WR Corp but I don’t think he’s an upgrade. We had a player just like him but even faster in Reilly and cut him 

i dont know why you need to throw insults , I wouldn’t go in that direction... just speaks to your character 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I fully realize football isn’t a track meet. But he doesn’t play that fast on the field

i am all for upgrading our WR Corp but I don’t think he’s an upgrade. We had a player just like him but even faster in Reilly and cut him 

i dont know why you need to throw insults , I wouldn’t go in that direction... just speaks to your character 

Insult? I called you a genius. 

You took everything I wrote in the first post literally, why change it up now? 

Oh... probably because you knew exactly what I meant in my original post but had to take the opportunity to agitate instead of have a grown up discussion. Speaks to your character. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

KB has always had great hands -- until this year. Hopefully this is a temporary setback.

That said, this makes me even more excited for next year because we all know that the OL and WR positions are due for a big makeover with that $100 mill in extra cap space coming due.  Add a CB to start opposite White and solid depth where we can and I think Josh has a real shot at greatness. We'll see.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Insult? I called you a genius. 

You took everything I wrote in the first post literally, why change it up now? 

Oh... probably because you knew exactly what I meant in my original post but had to take the opportunity to agitate instead of have a grown up discussion. Speaks to your character. 

There have been discussions here about Gentry... and you obviously called me a genius in sarcasm, and then called me dull

i had ZERO interest in agitating you. You mentioned Gentry and I could’ve written a long reply with tons of detail

but in short he just isn’t good enough for our roster.. he is a possession receiver and we have a bunch of those . He compares to a Brandon Reilly who we cut

if you took offense to he is slow and drops balls I’m sorry . So does KB and Gentry doenst have bad hands but he doenst get great separation and it’s hard to catch contested balls in the NFL

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There have been discussions here about Gentry... and you obviously called me a genius in sarcasm, and then called me dull

i had ZERO interest in agitating you. You mentioned Gentry and I could’ve written a long reply with tons of detail

but in short he just isn’t good enough for our roster.. he is a possession receiver and we have a bunch of those . He compares to a Brandon Reilly who we cut

if you took offense to he is slow and drops balls I’m sorry . So does KB and Gentry doenst have bad hands but he doenst get great separation and it’s hard to catch contested balls in the NFL

Nah... nah... 

5 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/9/27/17911480/the-bills-have-the-highest-percentage-of-passes-dropped

Does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Holy freakin: CRAP!!!

I really don't understand the K.Benjamin  thing and probably never will...

Apparently, we are dropping WAY too many balls! 

KB, thanks for leading the way..... please get your juju back! PLEASE! 

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

KB has always had great hands -- until this year. Hopefully this is a temporary setback.

That said, this makes me even more excited for next year because we all know that the OL and WR positions are due for a big makeover with that $100 mill in extra cap space coming due.  Add a CB to start opposite White and solid depth where we can and I think Josh has a real shot at greatness. We'll see.

I don't think so.  I read two scouting reports that say otherwise.  Here are the negatives from one of them:

Negatives

• Not very elusive after the catch.
  • Straight-line speed is good for his size, but he lacks elite agility which limits his ability to make defenders miss.
  • Poor field awareness, which hinders nearly every aspect of his game.
  • Struggles with his body control when adjusting to the ball, especially when trying to get into position to make a contested catch.
  • Needs to learn how to use his size to shield defenders.
  • Inconsistent approach to catching the ball, which leads to some bad drops.
  • Lets the ball come into his body too often rather than extending his hands to secure the ball.
  • Also has a bad habit of turning his head to look downfield before securing the ball, which leads to drops.
  • Doesn't know how to get open when the play breaks down.
  • Has a tendency to run his route, and then stand around.
  • Needs to learn how to read the defense, especially when facing zone, and find a way to get open when the initial play breaks down.
  • Struggled to get on the same page of Jameis Winston at times.
  • Has a tendency to be overly physical with defensive backs which will lead to more penalties at the next level.