How we can beat the Packers

GrizzReaper

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Pressure Rodgers is the obvious answer. 

When you think about individual games like this, it really reinforces the importance of pass rushers. 

You just FEEL better about your chances if you're confident the defense is going to make life uncomfortable for the opposing QB.

this is where we change things from lorax inside , to lorax outside...of murphy. rogers will want to roll to his right and lorax should be free to handle that. hopefully jerry gets there for the blindside strip. ain't gonna be no pocket to step up into, soooo...

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its a Pettine defense

Run the ball

Then

Run it some more

Oh yah the past 3 weeks we’ve been running the ball really WELL ? !!! 

Our OL is actually more or less decent on pass protection , I say throw the damn ? , like we did in the Vikings game we opened up the run with our passing game , that secondary is a Question mark , I’m not saying we shouldn’t run the ball , but man I don’t want to see run run and then put Allen in 3rd and long , 

i think this is the week where our WR’s redeem them self especially KB , 

heres a prediction this will be Allen’s FIRST of MANY 300 yard game !!!!

Goooooo Buffalooooooo !!!!!

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, GrizzReaper said:

So we have another tilt with what many would say are one of the better teams in the NFL. I think... we can go to Green Bay and get a win.

First off the Packers have a weak o line on the right side. Our Bills have a solid D line and I'm hoping that we put Jerry Hughes over there with Kyle Williams to work that side of their o line. If Star and Kyle can keep pushing the middle of the line and our ends can continue to fly around the edges I like our chances vs a hobbled Aaron Rodgers. Also if we can send a LB to that side a bit (right side) I think that they won't be able to protect Rogers... If our pass rush keeps up if the line continues to play at the level they did last Sunday I think we have bigger advantage than many think.

Their running game isn't of much concern to me. I like our run d and think it's more than capable of keeping their running game in check. Which means we can probably make their offense one dimensional...

Green Bay has some solid WRs.  With their line being a weak link and a hobbled Rogers if our pass rush hits home then our secondary can cover these guys. We have Tre follow Adams wherever he lines up. Thats their best WR and luckily our best DB is talented enough to shut him down. That's a plus for our D.

Then Cobb may be injured so we may not even need to deal with him which would be great. However if Cobb does play dinged up I still think we have the advantage. He's Rogers safety outlet so if he's not 100% that's good for us.

Geronimo Allison is the only one Im really concerned with. He's becoming a reliable target so he is the one I think their offense has to work through. Im not sure who is getting the start this weak but whoever draws Allison has to bring their A game as he seems to be the only glaring advantage I see Green Bay having due to our lack of DB depth.

I think that Green Bay is going to try to get the ball out quick due to Rogers injury and their dinged up line. So if our secondary can not allow them to dink and dunk their way down the field I like our chances shutting them down. Our defenses success hinges on the line getting pressure to Rogers quickly and consistently.

Our safeties shouldn't be challenged deep too much if the line can keep the pressure on Rogers. I simply don't think that the Packers will have the time to take deep shots. They aren't going to let Rogers get pounded on with a mucked up leg. So I see their offense trying to lean on the run and quick passes to attempt to keep Rogers clean and avoid further injury. If they do try to challenge our defense deep we have a solid safety tandem. I'm not overly concerned about them making chunk yardage plays regularly during this game. It may happen once or twice but honestly I think our D has the advantage in this one...

Aaron Rogers obviously the best QB playing the game ATM... He can make every throw he can read a defense and he has good weapons. My honest belief is that if our defensive line can keep pressure on him he's not going to be as dangerous scrambling. He's not going to have the time to sit in the pocket and send bombs downfield. So that's another plus for us. The guy has a bionic leg and that's going to hinder him to an extent if he does scramble. Our LBs are fast and so are our DEs so I like our chances against a banged up Rogers trying to extend plays on a bad leg.

Our offense needs to have a good game for us to get this W. Imo this is where Green Bay has an advantageous position. Allen is going to have a tough game going against a Pettine coached defense. He knows how to confuse a rookie QB and get after him. This game is really going to be on Allen's shoulders. I think Daboll has to keep it simple and fast for Allen again this week. I don't see Allen having much time in the pocket clean because Pettine is known for getting blitz happy. 

The line needs to keep Matthews out of the backfield and get some push for the run game. If we can find some success in the run game I think that'll open up some shots on their secondary. That's their only glaring weakness on defense is their safety play. So hopefully we can establish the run and allow Allen to take some shots against their safeties. Hopefully Shady can finally have a solid game. This is the week we really need him to get going. I just don't see Allen having the luxury of beating this Packers defense with his arm with Pettine coaching their defense.

If they can't get the run game going and they can't get quick passes out then that's going to be a wrap imo. No matter how well our defense plays we need the offense to put in work this week. 

Anyways I keep seeing all these articles talking about how our Bills have no chance going into this game and imo that's simply not the case. I think we have some advantages going into this game. I really don't see this being a easy W for Green Bay. I see a Bill defense that may have finally found themselves going up against a wounded Packers offense and I think that's being overlooked. I think our defense is going to have a good game against these guys and it's all going to come down to our offense putting points on the board. If our offense can do their part we can win this game. If they can protect the ball and get our run game going.... pick on the Packers safeties some with that howitzer. We have a decent chance of pulling a win out here. This game isn't going to be a blowout it's going to be a good one. I think they showed theyre capable of beating any team any given Sunday last week.

Glad you kept it concise.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

this is where we change things from lorax inside , to lorax outside...of murphy. rogers will want to roll to his right and lorax should be free to handle that. hopefully jerry gets there for the blindside strip. ain't gonna be no pocket to step up into, soooo...

This is a beautiful scenario my brother. I don't have a ton of faith in Lorax's athleticism at this point, but I like your thinking.

55 minutes ago, Putin said:

Oh yah the past 3 weeks we’ve been running the ball really WELL ? !!! 

Our OL is actually more or less decent on pass protection , I say throw the damn ? , like we did in the Vikings game we opened up the run with our passing game , that secondary is a Question mark , I’m not saying we shouldn’t run the ball , but man I don’t want to see run run and then put Allen in 3rd and long , 

i think this is the week where our WR’s redeem them self especially KB , 

heres a prediction this will be Allen’s FIRST of MANY 300 yard game !!!!

Goooooo Buffalooooooo !!!!!

Or where they set new records dropping the ball

Run the ball against Pettine defenses......were you not around when he was our DC?

If we have success running the ball and stuffing their run game I think it can be a close game.  With that said I think if McCoy plays like he did the first 2 weeks the Bill's will have no chance.  His negative rushes are a killer......he needs to pick it up or be replaced.

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Or where they set new records dropping the ball

Run the ball against Pettine defenses......were you not around when he was our DC?

What has Pettine defense from 5 years ago on a different team has to do with this week’s game ? 

Where you around the year before Pettine joined the Bills ? 

How was his run defense when he was with the Jets ? 

What we can NOT afford to do is to go 

3 & out , will have to throw the ball to sustain drives and keep the chains moving , 

your afraid of Allen dropping the ball ? 

So maybe we should go get Tyrod back he protects the ball real well and we were the number 1 rushing team in the league that got us real far didn’t it ?

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is a beautiful scenario my brother. I don't have a ton of faith in Lorax's athleticism at this point, but I like your thinking.

mcd stands for mc defense...yo.

at least we now know he won't stand for any 1990 crap. he's willing to take charge.

not to mention, he went to the defensive players before the last game and asked them what would they suggest to make the pass rush better....

and he followed their advice.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

Mccoy seems all amped up to go Sunday. Probably partly because he didn't play last week, but I think also because he's a big part of the game plan this week. All I keep hearing is how the packers run d is bad. I think we're gonna try and run the ball doe  their throats. I'd be surprised if we didn't seem some deep throws from Allen too