Bob Woods got Donte Whitner'd Last Night

BWRiley585

42 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

The burglars should have put everything back when they saw how good he played.

The sad thing is the $8/9M that we thought was too high for Woods is now a steal at what we're going to have to pay in FA next year to get someone as solid as that guy to help our lame WR corps.   I'm predicting that the only guy back is Zay, unless RayRay the 6th round longshot can really step up.  So far his only big play was not fair catching the punt return and costing us 30 yards.

And about getting Taiwan Jones killed

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He should still be here, we need a receiver like him desperately.

We could sure use him, but I’m sure the QB situations of the Bills and Rams played a big part in which team he signed with.  He’s replaceable enough that I wouldn’t have wanted to have overpaid for him.  If Allen shows he’s the real deal this season we should have a much easier time filling out our offensive need positions. It might take awhile, but I’ll go more smoothly and at reasonable rates. 

....he wasn't going to sign here, but pretty amazing how his deal was thought to be "big money" and then the WR position explodes to where he's a bargain for his production AND blocking ability...

.Woods: 5 years, $34 mil with $15 mil guaranteed..... and then Sammy: 3 years, $48 mil with $30 mil guaranteed......

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

The sad thing is the $8/9M that we thought was too high for Woods is now a steal at what we're going to have to pay in FA next year to get someone as solid as that guy to help our lame WR corps.   I'm predicting that the only guy back is Zay, unless RayRay the 6th round longshot can really step up.  So far his only big play was not fair catching the punt return and costing us 30 yards.

Honestly a play like that infuriates me,  i think that helped contribute to McDermott blowing his top the other day at the WRs, esp at Ray Ray with his little clown outfit (another persons interesting observation).

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

...probably just a wild, unsubstantiated hunch, but I don;t see McBeane getting anywhere near Sammy or OBJ type money for a WR or any player for that matter.....

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Woods is right where he should be - the third WR in a quality WR corps.

IF the Rams were to keep this offensive pace for the whole season, the pro-rated numbers for their WRs would be:

Brandin Cooks: 1,808 yards/4 TDs/78.8% catch percentage

Cooper Kupp: 1,392 yards/16 TDs/75% catch percentage

Robert Woods: 1,292 yards/12 TDs/71% catch percentage

Almost 1,300 yards and 12 TDs for your 3rd wide receiver? What?

9 hours ago, folz said:

IF the Rams were to keep this offensive pace for the whole season, the pro-rated numbers for their WRs would be:

Wow! That’d be freaking crazy. 

On 9/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, folz said:

That's awesome.

Yeah people need to get this whole WR1, WR2, WR3 stuff out of their heads for exactly the numbers you've shown above.

This is a pass happy league with multiple 400 yards passers every week and many of those teams have receivers who have roughly equal skills, targets, catches etc.   This WR ranking stuff is so archaic.