WR Prospect talk

Dkollidas

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watching a lot of Deebo Samuel today. I love him for us. Parris Campbell is another that I want. 

Yep, and Beane and Schoen (or however you spell it) just got to watch Deebo in person too; definitely seems like a guy to keep an eye on in the offseason.

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Trash.  No Anthony Johnson in top 10 is laughable.  Some of those dudes on that list couldn't hold Johnson's jock strap.

He seems to be a very divisive prospect. I've seen him listed around the #20 WR in the class by multiple reputable draft guys and then some people like Pro Football Focus for example see him as like a top 3-5 WR in this class. He seems to have a pretty gigantic range right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yep, and Beane and Schoen (or however you spell it) just got to watch Deebo in person too; definitely seems like a guy to keep an eye on in the offseason.

He seems to be a very divisive prospect. I've seen him listed around the #20 WR in the class by multiple reputable draft guys and then some people like Pro Football Focus for example see him as like a top 3-5 WR in this class. He seems to have a pretty gigantic range right now.

I know people are hung up on these big bodied “open when they aren’t” guys. Not me, give me separation and explosion. Samuel is a decent size and runs throw tackles. He can also go the distance. I’d love to add both of those guys.

I know people are hung up on these big bodied “open when they aren’t” guys. Not me, give me separation and explosion. Samuel is a decent size and runs throw tackles. He can also go the distance. I’d love to add both of those guys.

I like big bodied guys who get separation and explosion :D

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like big bodied guys who get separation and explosion :D

I’m not against that. My point is that if it is big like Benjamin OR a route runner like Doug Baldwin I’d rather Baldwin.

Antonio Brown is the ultimate prototype. He runs the whole route tree, gains separation, takes it to the house.  Big plays are so important in today’s NFL. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not against that. My point is that if it is big like Benjamin OR a route runner like Doug Baldwin I’d rather Baldwin.

Antonio Brown is the ultimate prototype. He runs the whole route tree, gains separation, takes it to the house.  Big plays are so important in today’s NFL. 

Benjamin doesn't put in the effort, I would take Mike Evans all day. (Who I wanted instead of Watkins)

I'm still hoping we can get DK Metcalf and Hakim Butler .

AB is great but I think he is an exception, don't like most guys his size.

But I will take any WR that is a stud regardless of size.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Benjamin doesn't put in the effort, I would take Mike Evans all day. (Who I wanted instead of Watkins)

I'm still hoping we can get DK Metcalf and Hakim Butler .

AB is great but I think he is an exception, don't like most guys his size.

But I will take any WR that is a stud regardless of size.

I think that the bolded is the most important part. We have a MASSIVE need and hopefully they can raise the talent level. It shouldn’t be tough to do. 

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

what do you think of this being a down year  for WRs ?

It doesn’t look as good as 2020 which is loaded but it is better than last year. I’m not sure that there are a ton of future number 1 receivers in this draft but there will be some. It also feels like a good group on day 2. There are a bunch of guys that could be like “Robert Woods quality.” 

If the Bills did something like signed Tyrell Williams, drafted Kelvin Harmon and Parris Campbell they would be a mile ahead of where they are now. I’m not sure that they’d have a Hopkins or Brown that dominates but they, along with Zay, would be a balanced WR room. 

It doesn’t look as good as 2020 which is loaded but it is better than last year. I’m not sure that there are a ton of future number 1 receivers in this draft but there will be some. It also feels like a good group on day 2. There are a bunch of guys that could be like “Robert Woods quality.” 

If the Bills did something like signed Tyrell Williams, drafted Kelvin Harmon and Parris Campbell they would be a mile ahead of where they are now. I’m not sure that they’d have a Hopkins or Brown that dominates but they, along with Zay, would be a balanced WR room. 

Sounds right but I think these kids are a bit better than Woods was, guess time will tell.

We just might go defense first round but I'm really hoping we can get Jonah Williams, his pass blocking is exceptional.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watching a lot of Deebo Samuel today. I love him for us. Parris Campbell is another that I want. 

What do you think of OK's Marquise Brown in the second? He's got speed but size may be an issue. He opens up the field and makes plays. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sounds right but I think these kids are a bit better than Woods was, guess time will tell.

We just might go defense first round but I'm really hoping we can get Jonah Williams, his pass blocking is exceptional.

It depends to me on where we end up picking. I’d probably go defense in the top 3 to 5. Those players are a tier above IMO. If they pick later than that there are some offensive options (including Williams) that would be good picks. 

I think that that some of these guys may be better than Woods too. The point that I was trying to make is that I think there are a bunch of guys that can be 60 catch, 800 yard and 7 TD types. You COULD conceivably end up with 2 guys like that. 

Just now, JohnC said:

What do you think of OK's Marquise Brown in the second? He's got speed but size may be an issue. He opens up the field and makes plays. 

He is so explosive. Brown could possibly break 4.3. He’d add some much needed speed and big play ability to pair with Allen.

I think that Allen is never going to be a guy that dinks and dunks down the field. His ball placement isnt like a Brees. What Allen can do is zing the ball down the field. The Bills will score with explosive plays. Brown is the type of guy that can do that. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2018 at 1:42 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Antonio Brown did fine going from the MAc to the nfl.  Receiver is the most dependent position in sports.  If OBJ and Sammy got switched in the draft, their careers are completely different.

I wish I could have bet money on you picking a white receiver! ?

Late to this party but I wish we could have gotten our hands on cooper kupp

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The more Hakeem Butler I watch, the more I like.

He is a full grown man. He has also been at his best in their biggest games (at least from the little that I know about him). He is 6’6” and 225 lbs. He runs and sub-4.5 40 and is averaging almost 23 yards per catch!! That’s pretty crazy. I wouldn’t hate him at all.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

On 11/9/2018 at 7:54 AM, DCOrange said:

By my count, Buffalo has now scouted 14 WR/TEs that have been mentioned as potential 1st/2nd round picks (well, I guess 13 since DK Metcalf was out this past weekend, but I'm sure they did some sniffing around about him while they were in town):

WRs:

N'Keal Harry

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Hollywood Brown

Anthony Johnson

Riley Ridley

AJ Brown

DK Metcalf

Demarkus Lodge

Deebo Samuel

Bryan Edwards

TEs:

Noah Fant

Albert Okwuegbunam

Kaden Smith

Irv Smith

There is nothing special about N’keal Harry, he reminds me of Treadwell. He has a lot of trouble separating. I hope we go with a different WR.

DENZEL MIMS

Seems to jump out at me as a late pick although appears to to be getting more attention.  Excellent catch radius.

Interested in your thoughts.

Name: Denzel Mims

SCHOOL: Baylor

CONFERENCE: Big 12

POSITION: Wide Receiver

CLASS: Junior

JERSEY: No. 15

RECRUITMENT RATING: 3-star

HT: 6’3

WT: 208 lbs

D.O.B.: N/A

PROS: Incredible catch radius. Perfect extension and concentration to passes all-around his frame and does an excellent job of tucking the football into his body immediately. Seamless body control that allows him to adjust, contort, and position his frame to make receptions regardless of ball placement. Length in his frame makes him a consistent winner even with average accuracy from the quarterback position.

Has truly elite burst and long speed as a former decorated track and field athlete. One of the most explosive athletes in college football who also has strength throughout his frame. Does an excellent job a changing the pace of his vertical stems to get defensive backs on their heels before bursting by them. As a route runner, he’s able to get in and out of horizontal breaks efficiently. Despite slight technique issues, his elite feet and athleticism allow him to mostly be an effective route runner, especially for his size. Attacks leverage as a route runner well, and his vertical cuts can generate separation when he gets defensive backs to open their hips. Has gotten defensive backs off-balance with his shiftiness at the line of scrimmage as well as double moves, but can also separate using physicality.

credit:

author - Brad Kelly   

thedraftnetwork.com

Edited by Ned Kelly

I'd simply trade down and grab some extra picks. No WR will most likely go in the top 10. We could trade down to 10-12, pickup a 2nd and some picks for 2020 and still get our pick of the top WRs. That way we can also take a couple of premier defenders in the 2nd/3rd while still fixing up our offense at the same time. I'd go down to #10 and just take Marquise Brown there. It's looking more and more like a trade down. Bills are the ideal trading partner for a team looking to come up.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd simply trade down and grab some extra picks. No WR will most likely go in the top 10. We could trade down to 10-12, pickup a 2nd and some picks for 2020 and still get our pick of the top WRs. That way we can also take a couple of premier defenders in the 2nd/3rd while still fixing up our offense at the same time. I'd go down to #10 and just take Marquise Brown there. It's looking more and more like a trade down. Bills are the ideal trading partner for a team looking to come up.

Just like every year, trades really only happen in top 7 with QBs.  Good chance those will be gone before we pick.

Marquise Brown is going to fly up draft boards with combine.  He may end up going top 7 anyways (Corey Davis).  Just take him no matter where we pick if he is still on board.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Just like every year, trades really only happen in top 7 with QBs.  Good chance those will be gone before we pick.

Marquise Brown is going to fly up draft boards with combine.  He may end up going top 7 anyways (Corey Davis).  Just take him no matter where we pick if he is still on board.

Gotta play the board though. Many people don't like Marquise Brown because of his size, that alone drops him out of the top 10 I think. Unless he comes into the combine at 180 and still insanely fast and explosive. Could happen. I've been clamoring for Marquise Brown just as long as anyone here has, just trying be smart about position while possibly stockpiling additional picks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.