WR Prospect talk

Dkollidas

11 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Are there any round 1 type receivers? Not sure this is a good year for receivers in the draft.

Yes, probably a bunch of them that have a chance of going in Round 1:

Kelvin Harmon

DK Metcalf (depending on if he declares/how he's rehabbing)

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Marquise Brown

and guys that I think will at least get some love:

Collin Johnson

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Deebo Samuel

Nobody that I'd expect to go in the top 5-10 where Buffalo will be picking, but it's a pretty deep WR class IMO.

Edit: I'd also add Hakeem Butler to the mix.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yes, probably a bunch of them that have a chance of going in Round 1:

Kelvin Harmon

DK Metcalf (depending on if he declares/how he's rehabbing)

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Marquise Brown

and guys that I think will at least get some love:

Collin Johnson

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Deebo Samuel

Nobody that I'd expect to go in the top 5-10 where Buffalo will be picking, but it's a pretty deep WR class IMO

Well we need two, we need a true #1 WR and we need a deep threat.    Preferrably not named Marquise, or...cripes, what was the name of the WR we drafted right before Russell Wilson, another colossal blunder.    GRAHAM.  TJ Worthless Graham. 

4 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Well we need two, we need a true #1 WR and we need a deep threat.    Preferrably not named Marquise, or...cripes, what was the name of the WR we drafted right before Russell Wilson, another colossal blunder.    GRAHAM.  TJ Worthless Graham. 

I think we need 3 between free agency and the draft to be honest. I think Buffalo will sign Adam Humphries to play in the slot and then I would guess they at least check in with someone like Tyrell Williams and ultimately draft at least one WR early.

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think we need 3 between free agency and the draft to be honest. I think Buffalo will sign Adam Humphries to play in the slot and then I would guess they at least check in with someone like Tyrell Williams and ultimately draft at least one WR early.

you and i are in complete agreement.  I like Zay and beyond that we need a complete overhaul of the position.  Except Holmes.   I like him.   

On 10/23/2018 at 10:28 AM, DCOrange said:

He'd definitely add the speed and quickness that Buffalo needs. I think the questions with him are his hands and size. He's listed at 160 lbs. That's just nuts, and there's obviously the question of what he'll lose by putting on the weight that he probably needs to play in the NFL.

I've also seen people question his hands a decent amount which isn't great considering what Buffalo has dealt with the past couple years.

If he's there in the 2nd round I think you gotta consider him, but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him where Buffalo is likely picking in the 1st (unless they have a significant trade down).

Anyone worried about Hollywood Brown's hands have never watched him play....dude doesn't drop balls. He could be a Lockett/Sproles type

On 10/23/2018 at 1:58 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

He stands out.......dude is electric.

He reminds me of the Steeler's Antonio Brown. When he is on the field your eyes go to this dynamic player. He has a compelling life story that  makes him even more admirable. 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, sugashane69 said:

Harry from Az st.  BIG WR with hands n grit.  ...tyrie Cleveland from florida..... good size can run but will do the dirty work in middle of field.   Texas has a couple big boys to that dont look to bad.  Anything is a upgrade at this point lol

I want to add Lil Jordan Humphrey in there after yesterday.  Go gets the jump ball!  Like KB USED to do.

• Like (+1) 1

I had mentioned Butler in another thread before. The knock I have read on him is he disappears at times. I'm not sure if that's on him, the OC, or the QB. Either way he is part of what looks like may be a pretty good WR class this year imo. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

For those that have a subscription with The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/637156/2018/11/07/draft-alert-breaking-down-3-wide-receivers-who-could-be-game-changers-for-the-bills-in-2019/

For those that don't, Erik Turner (Cover1) suggests N'Keal Harry, Hollywood Brown, and AJ Brown as guys that would be a good fit for the Daboll's scheme/Allen's skillset.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/07/perfect-pairs-between-2018-qb-class-and-2019-rookies/

In this link, Kyle Crabbs of the Draft Network looks at each rookie QB and pairs them with a prospect for the upcoming draft. For Josh Allen, he pairs him with DK Metcalf from Ole Miss, saying:

Nobody threw a prettier deep ball in the 2018 QB class than Josh Allen. When Allen had an open target down the field, he rarely passed on the chance to let it fly.

Just one problem: Buffalo doesn’t have that kind of receiver on the roster…unless Metcalf is healthy (and declares for the draft). Then, all bets are off. I can’t think of a better marriage of strengths for any two player than Metcalf’s deep ball skills and dynamic play making with Josh Allen’s big arm.

Allen’s best targets in 2018 have been a budding (but still developing) second year receiver in Zay Jones and…gulp…Kelvin Benjamin. If Benjamin’s stats were half as inflated as his ego (or his waistband), the Bills would be in much better shape.

But alas, neither is true.

Edited by DCOrange

I am banging on the table for Anthony Johnson.  He is 6'2 and the best deep threat in this class.  Just what Josh and the Bills offense need

I would love to see the Bills trade down, get some more picks, draft Johnson, and load up on offense

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

For those that have a subscription with The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/637156/2018/11/07/draft-alert-breaking-down-3-wide-receivers-who-could-be-game-changers-for-the-bills-in-2019/

For those that don't, Erik Turner (Cover1) suggests N'Keal Harry, Hollywood Brown, and AJ Brown as guys that would be a good fit for the Daboll's scheme/Allen's skillset.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/07/perfect-pairs-between-2018-qb-class-and-2019-rookies/

In this link, Kyle Crabbs of the Draft Network looks at each rookie QB and pairs them with a prospect for the upcoming draft. For Josh Allen, he pairs him with DK Metcalf from Ole Miss, saying:

Physically, Metcalf is Kelvin Benjamin 2.0, but it makes sense that a big target would be a good fit for a strong armed QB.

Allen is going to have to gain a lot of confidence if that's gonna work. Gotta trust his receiver to make a play on a 50/50 ball. 

It may be counterintuitive from a physical standpoint, but I'd rather see them take Marquis Brown because he's going to get so much separation. Obviously we'd have to take Brown very early and Metcalf could conceivably be there in the second.

By my count, Buffalo has now scouted 14 WR/TEs that have been mentioned as potential 1st/2nd round picks (well, I guess 13 since DK Metcalf was out this past weekend, but I'm sure they did some sniffing around about him while they were in town):

WRs:

N'Keal Harry

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Hollywood Brown

Anthony Johnson

Riley Ridley

AJ Brown

DK Metcalf

Demarkus Lodge

Deebo Samuel

Bryan Edwards

TEs:

Noah Fant

Albert Okwuegbunam

Kaden Smith

Irv Smith

Edited by DCOrange

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.