WR Prospect talk

Dkollidas

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Found Benjamin's replacement.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/135900/collin-johnson

Yeah, I said pretty much this same exact thing in the Anthony Johnson or Bryce Love thread haha. I believe I said "He could be what we expected Benjamin to be".

He stood out big time whenever I watched Texas last year, though his overall production last year wasn't really where you'd hope it would be.

He might be too similar to Ray-Ray for the Bills to take him, but Olamide Zaccheus is another guy that's pretty interesting to watch. I'm not entirely sold on him as a good NFL prospect just yet, but I do love guys that you can use in a lot of different ways. He's listed as a RB for some reason, but he averages over 100 receiving yards per game so far this year and only has like 5 carries so far.

Edited by DCOrange

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, I said pretty much this same exact thing in the Anthony Johnson or Bryce Love thread haha. I believe I said "He could be what we expected Benjamin to be".

He stood out big time whenever I watched Texas last year, though his overall production last year wasn't really where you'd hope it would be.

He might be too similar to Ray-Ray for the Bills to take him, but Olamide Zaccheus is another guy that's pretty interesting to watch. I'm not entirely sold on him as a good NFL prospect just yet, but I do love guys that you can use in a lot of different ways. He's listed as a RB for some reason, but he averages over 100 receiving yards per game so far this year and only has like 5 carries so far.

I don't care about stats; can you catch and do you come up with big plays and are you willing to work on your craft. I see the first two in Johnson and the coaches know the other.

I don't think they are concerned about similarities, they just want gamers.

Maybe Zaccheaus can play Edelman.

I'd take both UB receivers on the Bills now,  AJ and KJ Osborn.   

Seems like AJ is being super careful with the hamstring, no need to make it worse and possibly miss a Bowl game, and/or mess up his draft status due to injury.  

KJ is only a Junior but he reminds me of slightly smaller Anquan Boldin.   Great hands, tough, gets open, not the fastest but fast enough.  

I haven't followed the rest of the good WR's out there but I'm sure there are plenty

On 9/28/2018 at 1:11 AM, Dkollidas said:

With Allen hopefully continuing to grown and become our franchise QB, I think WR is definitely the biggest need (I would argue we have the biggest spot on the OL locked down with Dawkins).

with that in mind, I figured to start a thread lookin g specifically at the top WR’a that are eligible to enter the 2019 draft. 

I know now it’s not a very lauded class, but there seem to be A LOT of guys that aren’t top-10 talents, but have about 2nd round grades. 

Just a few I can rattle off the top of my head are...

AJ Brown-Ole Miss

N’Keal Harry- Ari. St.

DK Metcalf- Ole Miss

Anthony Johnson- UB

Who does everyone like? 

Who dont you like?

Who fits what we want to do with Allen?

I just have a feeling that they’ll look to get Allen targets in the draft. Tight end can be looked at separately, but I see WR as one of the teams main targets in the draft this season.

I like Neal and Johnson- and we sure could use them both!

On 10/15/2018 at 2:55 PM, DCOrange said:

Can probably cross DK Metcalf off the list. He's out for the year with a neck injury.

later round selection for us!  Stash for later in season

50 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

No talk of Marquise Brown of Oklahoma on here?  He's been the most impressive WR I've watched this season.  Granted, I haven't watched them all by any means, but this kid has something.

He'd definitely add the speed and quickness that Buffalo needs. I think the questions with him are his hands and size. He's listed at 160 lbs. That's just nuts, and there's obviously the question of what he'll lose by putting on the weight that he probably needs to play in the NFL.

I've also seen people question his hands a decent amount which isn't great considering what Buffalo has dealt with the past couple years.

If he's there in the 2nd round I think you gotta consider him, but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him where Buffalo is likely picking in the 1st (unless they have a significant trade down).

Edited by DCOrange

Hakeem Butler everyone;

"A massive playmaker with the size and athleticism to dominate any would-be cover man, Butler has been a nonstop big-play machine for the Cyclones over the past two seasons. At 6-6, 225 pounds, he’s a near-impossible assignment for any defender, regardless of their size or skill set. "

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/10/24/2019-nfl-draft-hakeem-butler-iowa-state-interview-college-football/

A lot of good WRs this year , should be able to upgrade the WR corps this offseason

(Just don't wait till the 5th round this time :angry:)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's apparent that we are going to be drafting from a high position. We should be able to get a good prospect in the second round. In addition, we should be able to get some solid #2 receivers from the market. The one receiver I have been watching is Marquise Brown from Oklahoma. He is a little small but he is fast and can get open. He would be a good addition assuming that he can gain a little more weight. My point is that we should be able to upgrade the unit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.