WR Prospect talk

Dkollidas

With Allen hopefully continuing to grown and become our franchise QB, I think WR is definitely the biggest need (I would argue we have the biggest spot on the OL locked down with Dawkins).

with that in mind, I figured to start a thread lookin g specifically at the top WR’a that are eligible to enter the 2019 draft. 

I know now it’s not a very lauded class, but there seem to be A LOT of guys that aren’t top-10 talents, but have about 2nd round grades. 

Just a few I can rattle off the top of my head are...

AJ Brown-Ole Miss

N’Keal Harry- Ari. St.

DK Metcalf- Ole Miss

Anthony Johnson- UB

Who does everyone like? 

Who dont you like?

Who fits what we want to do with Allen?

I just have a feeling that they’ll look to get Allen targets in the draft. Tight end can be looked at separately, but I see WR as one of the teams main targets in the draft this season.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like Metcalfe

And David Sills, makes a ton of plays and TDs , the announcer in this last game felt he was the best WR in the country.

I like him and Anthony Johnson. I just worry that Johnson will struggle as the competition level gets tougher. 

Like Harry as well, but his speed is concerning when you consider our current group. 

1 minute ago, Dkollidas said:

I like him and Anthony Johnson. I just worry that Johnson will struggle as the competition level gets tougher. 

Like Harry as well, but his speed is concerning when you consider our current group. 

still haven't seen Johnson much yet, but will Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

Idk if I'd take the ole miss receivers. They actually said they overlooked the Alabama CBs when they played. How do you overlook Alabama? You have a chance to make a statement and you don't practice hard enough because you felt some defenders weren't good??? Not the smartest guys on the block.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Antonio Brown did fine going from the MAc to the nfl.  Receiver is the most dependent position in sports.  If OBJ and Sammy got switched in the draft, their careers are completely different.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like Metcalfe

And David Sills, makes a ton of plays and TDs , the announcer in this last game felt he was the best WR in the country.

I wish I could have bet money on you picking a white receiver! ?

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Antonio Brown did fine going from the MAc to the nfl.  Receiver is the most dependent position in sports.  If OBJ and Sammy got switched in the draft, their careers are completely different.

I wish I could have bet money on you picking a white receiver! ?

Hey the guy said he was the best so works for me. I also said I liked Metcalf and put him my mock so ... 

You know I just might draft only white players, that will make the other Klan members happy (guess I will have to get some of them there mulattos  to play corner tho)

On 9/28/2018 at 8:52 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Johnson would be my pick. Currently projects 2nd-3rd rd.

Other than where is is projected to go, what makes him your guy? Ive seen him play, and he is good. My fear is, would he be good against teams like Clemson, Georgia, Alabama etc.....

On 10/1/2018 at 9:57 AM, CIrvine said:

Laviska Shenoult Jr.  University of Colorado.

Hes  my guy but not eligible

Really want this kid too, great in the red zone and and boxes out CB s 

So I have Metcalf , Sills and Whiteside - championships !!!

now we need some TEs

Plus McSorley as my Edelman and I'm golden.

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/6/2018 at 2:19 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hes  my guy but not eligible

Really want this kid too, great in the red zone and and boxes out CB s 

So I have Metcalf , Sills and Whiteside - championships !!!

now we need some TEs

Plus McSorley as my Edelman and I'm golden.

I really like this idea BB. McSorley is a gamer. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.