Week 4 - Goff or Wentz

Philo

I have been going back and forth on this one and unfortunately have to decide tonight.

Goff has been playing very well to start the season and has tons of weapons. On the other hand, Wentz shook off the rust last week and is likely getting Jeffery back this week. Both have tough defensive matchups this week (Goff vs Minn & Wentz vs Tenn) and you also have to factor in Thursday night games often being goofy.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I have been going back and forth on this one and unfortunately have to decide tonight.

Goff has been playing very well to start the season and has tons of weapons. On the other hand, Wentz shook off the rust last week and is likely getting Jeffery back this week. Both have tough defensive matchups this week (Goff vs Minn & Wentz vs Tenn) and you also have to factor in Thursday night games often being goofy.

Thoughts?

My rule of thumb for thursday games is don’t play the guy unless you have to. It sucks when guys don’t perform.

Wentz.

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

My rule of thumb for thursday games is don’t play the guy unless you have to. It sucks when guys don’t perform.

Wentz.

Good point. Then I will just stew over it all weekend lol I have been leaning towards Wentz, but Goff's success so far this season is tempting.

I do have a couple other players tonight too. Gurley stays in obviously. But do you think I should I consider taking Rudolph out for Njoku? Does Mayfield make him a viable starter now? Then again Rudolph could have a good game with the Rams secondary being banged up. Gah, I find these Thursday night games frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Good point. Then I will just stew over it all weekend lol I have been leaning towards Wentz, but Goff's success so far this season is tempting.

I do have a couple other players tonight too. Gurley stays in obviously. But do you think I should I consider taking Rudolph out for Njoku? Does Mayfield make him a viable starter now? Then again Rudolph could have a good game with the Rams secondary being banged up. Gah, I find these Thursday night games frustrating.

I also have Gurley and it sucks having him on a short week. I don’t know how well the Vikes offense will rebound, Joku made a few catches when Baker came in but neither situation is ideal. I view it the same as the QB situation, it’s pretty even so I’d be waiting til Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I also have Gurley and it sucks having him on a short week. I don’t know how well the Vikes offense will rebound, Joku made a few catches when Baker came in but neither situation is ideal. I view it the same as the QB situation, it’s pretty even so I’d be waiting til Sunday.

Yeah, it is a close call. I definitely believe Njoku's value will go up at some point, but I think I want to see it first before I play him. To be honest I could see him being a bigger factor in the Brown's offense than Rudolph is in the Viking's offense as the season plays out. But for now, I will have to get over the Thursday night jitters and play Rudolph. 

1 minute ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Yeah, it is a close call. I definitely believe Njoku's value will go up at some point, but I think I want to see it first before I play him. To be honest I could see him being a bigger factor in the Brown's offense than Rudolph is in the Viking's offense as the season plays out. But for now, I will have to get over the Thursday night jitters and play Rudolph. 

That makes sense. Rudolph is a safer option at this point. Hopefully he gets in the end zone tonight. Goodluck. 

A fantasy short cut for tonight, I picked up Malcolm Brown and released my kicker. It’s a free handcuff, if something happens to TG u will have the handcuff ahead of the waiver. If everything goes well with TG u simply release Brown and pick up a kicker tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

That makes sense. Rudolph is a safer option at this point. Hopefully he gets in the end zone tonight. Goodluck. 

A fantasy short cut for tonight, I picked up Malcolm Brown and released my kicker. It’s a free handcuff, if something happens to TG u will have the handcuff ahead of the waiver. If everything goes well with TG u simply release Brown and pick up a kicker tomorrow.

Nice! That's a sweet tip for Thursday nights. I actually just changed kickers lol but I will take your advice.

Either way, here's to TG playing well and staying healthy! :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.