1st Game in Buffalo is a little over a week away !!!!

billfith

21 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

Go Bills! My first game was 1985 vs the Kansas City Chiefs. It was the start of my 5 plus hour drive for every game. Thankfully we have a Camper Lot. We have a great group an we enjoy every game!! 

My first game was 1968 vs the Oakland Raiders...a 48-6 loss. The only explanation I can give for not running as fast as I could away from this team then, is that I was only 9.

I remember my father trying to console me that year by saying the Bills might draft OJ Simpson the following year. Of course, he turned out to be a murderer.

OJ Simpson, not my father.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

My first game was 1968 vs the Oakland Raiders...a 48-6 loss. The only explanation I can give for not running as fast as I could away from this team then, is that I was only 9.

I remember my father trying to console me that year by saying the Bills might draft OJ Simpson the following year. Of course, he turned out to be a murderer.

But come on, lot of good years between 1968 and the murders for the Juice!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

As far as you know....  ?

I think I fought with my sister to go to that same Raiders game. I remember the dining table battle. I lost, but so did she. After that we went from 2 to 4 season tickets. Then we ALL lost! Never missed another game until I left for college. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

As far as you know....  ?

I think I fought with my sister to go to that same Raiders game. I remember the dining table battle. I lost, but so did she. After that we went from 2 to 4 season tickets. Then we ALL lost! Never missed another game until I left for college. 

Haha! The trials and tribulations of being a Bills fan :lol:

I live in East Tennessee just south of Knoxville so this is going to be on local t.v. here but I'm driving back from Atlanta with the fam that morning.  We've already worked out the timing so we get back with plenty of time to spare.  My wife definitely knows how much this means to me.  Bills games don't get aired around here very often.  Last year for the Carolina game, since I'm 17 miles from the NC border as the crow flies, I tried to turn my HD antenna toward NC to see if I could somehow pick up the game signal.  But alas, the Great Smoky's were just too much for any signal I guess. 

I've been a Bills fan for 28 years now.  It's been a tough ride, as you all know, but I never, ever gave up on them no matter how bleak it got or how much crap I had to take from anyone about my team.  I'm not even from Buffalo or Western NY.   I went through all 4 Super Bowls with you all, not to mention the last 17years of joy (pain).  Maybe the stars are finally lining up for us (knock on wood).  I mean, our new QB is a maniac who, we now clearly know, gives his team everything he has on every down.  Plus he's a physical freak who seems to be a lot more than what all those "expert" scouting reports wanted everyone to believe before the draft.  This season is going to be a bumpy ride, ladies and gents, but it definitely promises to be damn fun to watch.

Oh and I'll take all the blame for those first two terrible losses.  My bad.  I didn't know that the universe wants me to not make ribs and also to keep my Bills cup in the cupboard in a specific spot on game day.  I definitely can't bring that out and drink out of it no matter how much I like it.  Sound weird but it must be true.  I did neither on Sunday and look what happened. 

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billfith said:

Dream scenario is a huge win @ Green Bay and too much fun at our 1st Bills game ! So looking forward to it ! Let's Go Bills !!!!!!!!!!!

How far from Buffalo do you live? How long have you been a fan? You will love it and welcome aboard here @TBD

My first Bills home game was in 1974 - the Raiders Monday night game.  Every time OJ got the ball, the fans were on their feet.  There was an expectation that he was going to do something magical.  Instead he got hurt.  The Bills won anyway on a late TD pass from Fergie to Ahmad Rashad.   

That was also sadly the last home game I've been to - though I have been able to attend some away games over the years including a playoff victory in Miami.  

Have fun, Bill!  Hope your dream scenario becomes reality!

• Like (+1) 1

I've only been to one game at now New Era field (what great timing for this name change).  It was back in 2002, I think, versus the Rams.  Bledsoe threw three touchdowns to the tight end, can't remember his name right now, and Terrence McGee took a kick return to the house.  Seats were on the Rams side but close to the field and everyone was so nice.  A young guy in front of us yelled a few non-PC things of a sexual nature to Adam Archuleta and he was quickly reigned in by the rest of his group.  I thought that was a sign of real class in those Bills fans.  I know there's always a-holes there who can't handle their drink but I think the rest of those Bills fans are more well-mannered than most fans in this league.  And I couldn't believe how reasonable the prices were for beverages there.  Less than half what they charge at other stadiums I've been to.  It was cold so we had mostly coffee though.  Bills fans RULE!

Good to see other "out of towners" fans like me. Enjoy the game! My son is going to the Jaguars game as part of a school outing! Amazing, it's a 9+ hour bus drive. We didn't see that one coming. I've been to the games 7 times but it's been quite a few years now.

Of course I want a W against the Packers, but I mostly want to see if that defense is as in the last 6 quarters. If so, with Allen as QB and that defense, watch out! The Bills will be for real the rest of the way.

Screw the "tank the season for picks"! Sure you'd get most likely better players in the draft but every year a team will also lose good ones to normal contract issues, trades, injuries, retirements, etc. The time is always NOW. When you win or even show potential, you can attract quality players that want to sign in a good fit for them. Imagine one great OL signing and speedy receivers salivating at the thought of getting some Allen's deep bombs! 

I hope Daboll continue on with the creativeness and play designs tailored too Allen's strengths. That was a very encouraging thing to see too.

You will have a blast. My first home game was Bledsoe’s first game. Individual tickets were crazy on eBay (that’s where you bought tickets back then).  I live in Alabama, so no way I could get tickets through friends, work or family.   I called the ticket office and asked how much a pair of seasons would be, and I bought two in Section 116 right then. Kept them for ten years. No place I’d rather be than at a home game at kickoff. 

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

My first Bills home game was in 1974 - the Raiders Monday night game.  Every time OJ got the ball, the fans were on their feet.  There was an expectation that he was going to do something magical.  Instead he got hurt.  The Bills won anyway on a late TD pass from Fergie to Ahmad Rashad.   

That was also sadly the last home game I've been to - though I have been able to attend some away games over the years including a playoff victory in Miami.  

Have fun, Bill!  Hope your dream scenario becomes reality!

That may have been the most memorable game I have ever attended. Took a buddy from our neighborhood on our extra ticket. I remember loving being stuck in the parking lot trying to get out, post game on the radio, just soaking in the energy! 

You picked a good one! Are you trying to trick us into a Go Fund Me movement so you can attend all games? I smell a rat here. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

By far the best place to see a game, I love the small town college like atmosphere ! The best part of our 1st sunday in Orchard Park was when my 14 yr old son (Eagles Fan) said to me, Dad Buffalo fans are the most passionate and dedicated fan's in football ! I have a feeling he may be bleeding red & blue instead of green in the near future ! Thank You for the hospitality and GO BILLS !!!!!