McDermott not pleased with WRs in practice

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

That IS crazy. Wow, didn't realize it was that high. Of course, I wonder how much of that would be allocated to Josh's arm strength according to the pundits?

None should be allocated to that. Josh isn't the only guy in the NFL with a strong arm, and it's not like he throws every ball as hard as humanly possible.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

None should be allocated to that. Josh isn't the only guy in the NFL with a strong arm, and it's not like he throws every ball as hard as humanly possible.

I agree. But I'm sure there's a metric on that. Be interesting to see what the ""experts" say on that issue

If there IS anylitics on that, are we aware and will we use the same anylitics in next year's draft/ FA? Concerning WR's we bring in I mean.Something I'll keep an eye on

Edited by BuffAlone

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So to be clear, these guys gutted the receiver room and replaced them with the worst receivers in the league. Now they are mad that these guys suck? Whose fault is that?

It seemed less about sucking and more about being uninspired. Can’t let something like that go - glad McD corrected it promptly.

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So to be clear, these guys gutted the receiver room and replaced them with the worst receivers in the league. Now they are mad that these guys suck? Whose fault is that?

“Gutted” is such a graphic term...I prefer “culled”. 

Where the the hell are Brandon Reilly and Tanner Gentry???!!!! I hear they are amazing!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

It seemed less about sucking and more about being uninspired. Can’t let something like that go - glad McD corrected it promptly.

People who will be not on the team next year Kevin B an most of then Receivers Charles Clay Shady McCoy . They will have Money to spend and I am guessing 12 picks in draft to move up to replace names mentioned above.

1 hour ago, billspro said:

How does an NFL team have a 9.4% drop rate? That is crazy.

Uhm, maybe i do not understand that graphic...Redskins: 1.1% drop rate? Only one in every 100 catchable passes get dropped? I call BS.

Bill's 9.4 dropped passes out of 100, or roughly 1/10 does not sound too unreasonable to me...

I realize our receivers drop too many, and 10x  more than average by that chart, but those numbers do not make sense to me. What am I missing?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

It doesn’t matter if they are inspired or not. They are so limited that they won’t ever make an impact. Rudy was always inspired; he just wasn’t good at football. 

The people most most responsible for the quality of the receivers are McDermott & Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Has this made its rounds yet? It’s hilaruous to me when people try and claim our wr situation “isn’t that bad”... it IS! IT SO FRIGGIN IS! 

A9BCA755-63C9-4870-B8E5-48CE5497D2C4.jpeg

This doesn't even consider the fact that they struggle to get separation, which is another problem.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Somebody get Dez Bryant’s agent on the phone

People need to stop posting this. Dez's agent has already said he is only interested in a superbowl contender. The Bills and their now 30th in the power ranking is not this....

I am as pumped and feeling hopeful as the next guy after this last win, but one win after two blow outs with a rookie QB is not going to suddenly make a guy like Dez go "all they need is me for Super Bowl"

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Uhm, maybe i do not understand that graphic...Redskins: 1.1% drop rate? Only one in every 100 catchable passes get dropped? I call BS.

Bill's 9.4 dropped passes out of 100, or roughly 1/10 does not sound too unreasonable to me...

I realize our receivers drop too many, and 10x  more than average by that chart, but those numbers do not make sense to me. What am I missing?

I think you're missing drops vs defended passes.  Like a receiver had his man beat and just flat out dropped it vs getting a ball knocked out or deflected.

At least that's my guess because you're right.  The math doesn't add up if you're just taking about completion percentage.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have a pair of sticky Neumann gloves and cleats.......I'm ready for slot-duty.

I'll give it 100% effort, that's for damn sure.

Who's paycheck do you want? Or will wings and beer do?

Edited by Dopey

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

I dont have official answers but my hunch would be drops per targets. Like in fantasy football I will see a receiver with 12 targets in a game, only has 6 catches, and one drop. If you think about how many drops we have had as a team, last game alone we had: 2x KB, 1x Holmes, 1x Foster, 1x Clay. Allen only threw the ball 22 times. Thats 22% right there. They might have even not given a drop to Foster since he just short armed it rather than it go in his hands and drop