McDermott not pleased with WRs in practice

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Who's paycheck do you want? Or will wings and beer do?

I would work much harder for wings and beer. I want a growler from Gene McCarthy’s of their rotating tap, and wings from Gabriel’s Gate (hot.) 

I will sign a waiver from the NFL to just let me get killed and I won’t sue. Just one game.

31 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

They couda, woulda , shoulda, hindsight is 2020 as far as Ju-Ju is concerned and you still don't know if Zay may be better in the long run . As far as Watkins is concerned , he wasn't going to sign with the Bills  and neither was Woods. Goodwin we never got a chance to see his potential as he was continually injured. They also were under the duress of having a QB who couldn't or wouldn't throw to them . This is only the second year of the McBeane regime so I think there should be some sense of  timeliness  before we go running amok.

Each decision is judged on its own merit. They have done some things well. They’ve failed miserably when it comes to adding receivers. They don’t get credit for the good and a free pass for the bad. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Why do people want Dez so bad? If he was that good don't you think a team like the Patriots would've snatched him right up? Cleveland didn't even want him. He's not gonna be a difference maker for this team 

They want another player that might retire on them.

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Man, he is going to have to go to confession for that

McD:  Bless me, father, for I have sinned.  I dropped an F-Bomb on one of our receivers.

Buffalo Priest not accused of any sex crime (the one or two left ??)  Coach, I have seen your receiving corps.  Your penance is to drop 1000 more F-bombs on them.

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Each decision is judged on their own merits. They have done some things well. They’ve failed miserably when it comes to adding receivers. They don’t get credit for the good and a free pass for the bad. 

That’s a millennial argument. “We should have taken Orakpo instead of...”. “We should have taken Gronkowski instead of....”. Maybe “We should have taken Russ Wilson instead of TJ Graham”.  There is no immediate fix if you see the big picture. I want an Oompa Loompa Now!!!! You know what happened to that girl? She turned into a big blueberry. Patience. 

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

That’s a millennial argument. “We should have taken Orakpo instead of...”. “We should have taken Gronkowski instead of....”. Maybe “We should have taken Russ Wilson instead of TJ Graham”.  There is no immediate fix if you see the big picture. I want an Oompa Loompa Now!!!! You know what happened to that girl? She turned into a big blueberry. Patience. 

I’m not asking them to hit 100% on the receivers. I think it’s reasonable to expect more than zero. Every single receiver move has failed. Benjamin wasn’t worth a 3rd. Zay wasn’t worth the 2nd. Clay wasn’t worth Seymour. Holmes wasn’t worth his contract. Philly Brown wasn’t either. The same goes for Kerley. The Coleman trade was a bust. Etc...

Every single decision that they have made regarding thee receivers has been a bad one. They don’t get a free pass for that. They have picked the wrong guys, signed the wrong guys and traded for the wrong guys. That’s not good. 

It’s not like other positions, like LB, where there’s been some good and bad. Milano looks like a great pick. Vallejo was not. They get a break for stuff like that. They don’t get a pass for failing with the WR position. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Top five have a combined record of 8-7 

Bottom five: 6-7-2

It's not that much of a difference. 

Actually that's the difference between a playoff team and average Joe's 

28 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Millennial argument? As if an entire generation can be summed up by a single comment. God the over generalization is annoying. Let me help you out: 

We live at home, have no motivation, swimming in debt, zero accountability, super entitled, blah blah blah. 

Not to take it out on you but it I hate hearing the stereotype.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not asking them to hit 100% on the receivers. I think it’s reasonable to expect more than zero. Every single receiver move has failed. Benjamin wasn’t worth a 3rd. Zay wasn’t worth the 2nd. Clay wasn’t worth Seymour. Holmes wasn’t worth his contract. Philly Brown wasn’t either. The same goes for Kerley. The Coleman trade was a bust. Etc...

Every single decision that they have made regarding thee receivers has been a bad one. They don’t get a free pass for that. They have picked the wrong guys, signed the wrong guys and traded for the wrong guys. That’s not good. 

It’s not like other positions, like LB, where there’s been some good and bad. Milano looks like a great pick. Vallejo was not. They get a break for stuff like that. They don’t get a pass for failing with the WR position. 

I get it. 

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Millennial argument? As if an entire generation can be summed up by a single comment. God the over generalization is annoying. Let me help you out: 

We live at home, have no motivation, swimming in debt, zero accountability, super entitled, blah blah blah. 

Success takes time...doesn’t happen overnight (or in one season). Sorry for the over generalization. Wait! Why the hell am I apologizing? Oh that’s right...I have to nowadays. Sorry. Oh ****...I did it again. 

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Should he have added: hypersensitive on social media?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Each decision is judged on its own merit. They have done some things well. They’ve failed miserably when it comes to adding receivers. They don’t get credit for the good and a free pass for the bad. 

I disagree with your premise. They took over a failed operation in the Bills. Players that were overpaid , players who were not team players, and player that were not NFL caliber players. A horrendous Cap situation entailed. To expect the situation to be fixed in one year is ludicrous and in two years asinine. There has to be a plan whereby they fix what they can with the resources available.  I think that their plan is coming along and when the third year cap space  and draft they will be able to take care of the missing pieces. It is a total operation , certainly you can nitpick a situation without knowledge as to what went into the situation and point to a mistake  in your opinion but i don't think that you are being fair with your continual Watkins, Woods and Goodwin  diatribe.

The wide receiver scouting, trading, development gives me a lot of concerns.  Lock up KB----no thanks, Holmes--journeyman and JAG, 7th rounder and a FA,  and 2nd rounder with bad rookie drops and an eventful off-season including mental issues.    Call me crazy, but I dont see the sunny skies there and think it needs addresses in order to develop Allen.    This group of receivers is almost laughable.

4 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

I disagree with your premise. They took over a failed operation in the Bills. Players that were overpaid , players who were not team players, and player that were not NFL caliber players. A horrendous Cap situation entailed. To expect the situation to be fixed in one year is ludicrous and in two years asinine. There has to be a plan whereby they fix what they can with the resources available.  I think that their plan is coming along and when the third year cap space  and draft they will be able to take care of the missing pieces. It is a total operation , certainly you can nitpick a situation without knowledge as to what went into the situation and point to a mistake  in your opinion but i don't think that you are being fair with your continual Watkins, Woods and Goodwin  diatribe.

They used a high 2nd (that they traded up for) a 3rd, a 6th, 2 7ths and a depth corner to try to improve the position in addition to the free agents they signed. There is no nitpicking. They applied resources and were wrong about the guys that they chose. Nitpicking would be pretending that didn’t happen. 

Now, it’s entirley possible that they have an entirely different WR room next year. I don’t think that their 3 year plan consisted of needing to find 4-6 new receivers in year 3. If they go some right along the way that wouldn’t be the case. I’m actually shocked that anyone can objectively view this differently. Every guy was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 2