Who starts @ GB- Ryan Lewis or Philip Gaines?

NewEra

Who starts vs the packers?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts vs the packers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 10:43 PM

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Lewis, but rotate depending on who they're matching up against. They probably like some guys covering others.

Tre' and Lewis on the outside with Johnson in the slot.  Let Gaines play dime against Packers 4 or 5 Wide Sets is what I'd do. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It is so interesting how McD always finds a way to find secondary players.....

As long as you have a shut down corner like Tre....you can work the scrap heap on the other side because you can give them help when they need it....and if you actually can find a player there you are that much further ahead

True that he is good with secondary players but I would caution against thinking EJ Gaines in particular was a scrap heap player. He was a darn good corner as a rookie with the Rams who had injuries and came back to a less natural scheme fit with Wade. That kid can play. Lewis is more of a dumpster dive find but the early signs are he is certainly serviceable. 

4 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I’m hoping Lewis. He played well last week while Gaines has been a liability in the games he’s played 

I wouldn't say a liability. I think he was just for Ed to play out of position cause David sucked. Gaines should be strictly a nickle corner.

Lots of votes fo the kid.  Size and speed + a first start in which we basically shut out the Vikings at home.  

Did anyone here scout him in college or know or know anything about him?  Intriguing additions Beane made before opening day between him and David Borneaz 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could have sworn McD said earlier this week that he was completely healthy 

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/1046421982504464384/photo/1

Off of injured reserve, but still wearing  brace.  I think they just want to let him heal more. The brace probably is a hindrance.

Edited by Rockinon

• 2 weeks later...