Who starts @ GB- Ryan Lewis or Philip Gaines?

NewEra

Who starts vs the packers?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts vs the packers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 10:43 PM

McD said Gaines is healthy.  Who’s starts?

my vote goes to Lewis as I’m not a fan of Gaines.  Anyone break down the all 22 on Lewis this week?  Eager to see how well he played, if he played well at al.  Easy to play corner when Jerry plays the way he did on Sunday. 

Edited by NewEra

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

my vote goes to Lewis as I’m not a fan of Gaines.  Anyone break down the all 22 on Lewis this week?  Eager to see how well he played, if he played well at al.  Easy to play corner when Jerry plays the way he did on Sunday. 

I thought Lewis played well at Vikings, but as you allude, it's much easier to play CB when your front 7 are playing lights-out.

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I would defiantly play Lewis, however I can see McD staying loyal to a vet player in Gaines. 

I do think Lewis sees a ton of action either way.

Is Gaines owed any loyalty? He’s been here for like 6 months. Ftr i don’t think he was that bad vs the Ravens as a whole. Had a few bad plays as did everyone else. When a CB gets beat it’s on full display moreso than some others. The play by Crabtree he was in good position and Crabtree just made a great play. 

I think it will I’ll come down to who had the better week of practice. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would start Lewis but I think the Bills will start Gaines and mix Lewis in some. My reflection on Lewis last week watching it back was that he is a bit EJ Gaines lite in that he keeps the game in front of him, plays very simple, doesn't gamble and was generally in good position to rally and tackle. That is kind of what you need opposite White. Let White shut down their main guy and just let Lewis contain their #2. If they have to go 12 plays every drive to get down the field somewhere along the line the pass rush makes a play and we get them off the field. That was pretty much how the D was successful last year as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Never start a guy first week off injury if you can avoid it. Rotate him in and see how he does. That being said, I'd prefer to keep Lewis and Johnson in there as being healthy, and contributed well to last week's win.

As I recall, before the Davis speculation started, Gaines was used more for our nickel db, and wouldn't mind seeing him work in rotations there. I think we know what we have in both Gaines and Johnson for now. While we evaluate Johnson's growth, it'd be nice to give Lewis a chance to lockdown the DB2 spot and let him run with it until it breaks.

It's not like our DB roster depth really scares any opposing QB or provides gameplan issues - especially teams with more than just a WR1 to target. It's great to see White evolve into a shutdown corner, but it's really easy to negate his play with a solid WR2/3 or TE options. We need more successful depth in our secondary and it would be awesome to see these other guys step up if they can. Just don't see it becoming a shut down unit at present (Johnson's potential future development aside).

Edited by ctk232