Oakland, where failed Bills QB careers end

Albany,n.y.

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’d feel bad putting McCarron in that group. He didn’t get a shot in Buffalo, and in hindsight, we definitely should have kept him on the roster...

He had a shot in preseason. He looked worse than the other two.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Best back-up QB in the league, I’ve read it on this board.

Servicable. From what I saw he can stick around as a backup for a long career. Beats Peterman by miles! That's a guy I don't see lasting much longer. I bet other GMs in the league are scratching their head why he's not practice squad at best. Once whoever is in love with him finally breaks up, can't see him going anywhere. 

EJ at least will bounce around and around and around

10 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:
  1. AJ McCarron is just the latest ex-Bills QB to end up on the Raiders.  EJ landed there last year, as have former Bills QB washouts Trent Edwards, who got cut not once, but in 2 separate pre seasons, J P Losman, who landed in Oakland after the UFL and Rob Johnson whose career ended in Giants camp but whose  last real NFL game was as a Raider.  Will Nate Peterman be in Raiders camp in 2019?

Who said that Peterman will be gone in 2019?   

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Servicable. From what I saw he can stick around as a backup for a long career. Beats Peterman by miles! That's a guy I don't see lasting much longer. I bet other GMs in the league are scratching their head why he's not practice squad at best. Once whoever is in love with him finally breaks up, can't see him going anywhere. 

EJ at least will bounce around and around and around

I will agree he’s better than Peterman, but that’s about it. At least Nate is still in the league, for now anyways. I do see he’s one of 8 QBs trying out for the Raiders, Goodwin must be pleased. :lol:

5 hours ago, Rico said:

I will agree he’s better than Peterman, but that’s about it. At least Nate is still in the league, for now anyways. I do see he’s one of 8 QBs trying out for the Raiders, Goodwin must be pleased. :lol:

Ah crap no idea he was a free agent, beaten out by McCarron apparently?? Whatever, name me ANY Quarterback not named JaMarcus Russel and I'll sign him and cut Pick5Pete

Good thing You didn't say Patriots**/49ers because they also sent a "failed" QB to the Raiders: Jim Plunkett.

Oh... And wasn't Tom Flores a "failed" QB the Raiders sent the Bills?  Again, they got last laugh and won TWO SuperBowls w/Flores as coach and Plunkett as QB.  Just as they did with Lamonica.   We sent Flores to KC and He won a SB (albeit as a backup).

I still say through the years, Raiders made out better.

16 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’d feel bad putting McCarron in that group. He didn’t get a shot in Buffalo, and in hindsight, we definitely should have kept him on the roster...

Considering he is a 5th year vet, he was the worst player on the field for over half of the 4th preseason game against players not likely to stay in the league, and he looked like ?? against the Browns. He had by far the worst showing of any of the QBs in camp in preseason. Not a great look for someone who thought he should be a starting QB in the NFL. Granted, when the real bullets are flying Peterman sucks ? ️s, but let’s stop acting like AJM could have even been the second coming of Josh McCown. He has 3 starts to his resume, so there’s no overwhelming wisdom he would have imparted upon Allen. He’s no great loss. If Allen goes down the season is eff’d whether AJM is here or not.

5 minutes ago, transient said:

Considering he is a 5th year vet, he was the worst player on the field for over half of the 4th preseason game against players not likely to stay in the league, and he looked like ?? against the Browns. He had by far the worst showing of any of the QBs in camp in preseason. Not a great look for someone who thought he should be a starting QB in the NFL. Granted, when the real bullets are flying Peterman sucks ? ️s, but let’s stop acting like AJM could have even been the second coming of Josh McCown. He has 3 starts to his resume, so there’s no overwhelming wisdom he would have imparted upon Allen. He’s no great loss. If Allen goes down the season is eff’d whether AJM is here or not.

I think I would feel more comfortable with McCarron backing up Allen than Peterman. I really think Peterman might be one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think I would feel more comfortable with McCarron backing up Allen than Peterman. I really think Peterman might be one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL

No disagreement from me on Peterman. His noodle arm pick in the playoff game was enough for me to close the book. I just don’t think AJM is much of an upgrade, and they managed a 5th for him in trade.

I don’t think there’s much value in unsigned FA’s right now so I think they’ll ride Allen, and if it looks like he might actually get the team into playoff contention then maybe they try to find a better option as a backup, but barring that I think they save the cap space and suffer the consequences if he gets hurt. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2018 at 10:55 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good thing You didn't say Patriots**/49ers because they also sent a "failed" QB to the Raiders: Jim Plunkett.

Raiders made it to the NFL elites of historical franchises with "failed" Quarterbacks. 

15. Schroeder, failed Redskins QB was that poor guy that got his *** kicked by the 90s Bills in the AFC championship.

2. Jim Plunkett flunked the Patriots and won a SB and SB MVP

1. Career flunky Rich Gannon won MVP (what?!?) And lost in the SB to his longtime coach that knew the poor guy inside out.. and just got crushed by one of the best seasons ever.

Ain't a bad thing to work at Free Agents rather than always banking on the draft. Impressed how the Cardinals found success with Warner and Palmer.. then again not many teams have Larry (or JERRY FRIGGIN RICE FOR GANNON) baffles me how people can say a quarterback makes the recievers when many Quarterbacks just need the reciever to make them.

29 minutes ago, Tcali said:

EJ was comically bad.

2 games 250 yards 1 TD, 1 INT with Cooper dropping the ball so much it made ESPN talk about it lol. Like not good. But those stats scream hyperbole for "comically bad" lol. By that definition, 70% of backups are comedically bad.

He must have especially sucked in practice but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt between him and lunatic Gruden.

And he probably sucks because he is still a FA *cough*PETERMAN* but there are a couple of teams that have seen worse from their backups in 2 games.