Trade for Sam Bradford?

GoodHands15

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Most teams are structured in such a manner that if the starting QB goes down for an appreciable amount of time, the season is forfeited.  And most teams seem OK with that arrangement. 

We could still benefit from a better backup however.

Peterman is not really a backup caliber player.  He is more of a #33.

Fixed for you.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If we didn't draft EJ Manuel, would we people here be floating his name as a backup upgrade over Peterman?  My guess is yes.

I am not advocating bringing back EJ.... but it is beyond dispute that he is an upgrade on Nathan Peterman. EJ is a bad NFL Quarterback. Nate Peterman isn't an NFL Quarterback in any shape or form.

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Kaepernick & Allen would be a good mix. Cut Peterman.

Nope - I want nothing to do with Kap at all- even if you could get him on a cheap one year deal.  

He offers nothing of substance at the QB position and becomes more of a weekly distraction every time he speaks.  

Let him ride off and be gone - the league does not miss his play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Troll Toll said:

I would wait and see what Rosen does in AZ before heaping all the blame on Bradford. AZ has new coaching, a really bad offensive line and a lack of talent at receiver.

And the coaching looks baaaaaaaad. Throwing your rookie to the wolves with 5 minutes left in the 4th Quarter of a game that is still in the balance strikes me as the action of a man in way, way, way over his head.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I would wait and see what Rosen does in AZ before heaping all the blame on Bradford. AZ has new coaching, a really bad offensive line and a lack of talent at receiver.

So, basically what Josh Allen has to deal with.  At least Rosen has Larry Fitzgerald.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So, basically what Josh Allen has to deal with.  At least Rosen has Larry Fitzgerald.

Bills did make the playoffs last year. Despite fan perception, I’d say Allen is  incredibly lucky to be in Buffalo over AZ. I think history will show that this year’s Cardinals are a complete dumpster fire. Losing Bruce Arians was huge.

29 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Bills did make the playoffs last year. Despite fan perception, I’d say Allen is  incredibly lucky to be in Buffalo over AZ. I think history will show that this year’s Cardinals are a complete dumpster fire. Losing Bruce Arians was huge.

Put it this way... in the battle of former Panthers DCs I think we have the right one.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not advocating bringing back EJ.... but it is beyond dispute that he is an upgrade on Nathan Peterman. EJ is a bad NFL Quarterback. Nate Peterman isn't an NFL Quarterback in any shape or form.

The thought of bringing back EJ did come to my mind too after that disastrous first week.  I honestly didn't follow the news regarding EJ but if he is still available, I would sadly consider it. Peterman should be out if the NFL

9 hours ago, GoodHands15 said:

Hey guys. Quick thought to think.

Fiscally irrisponsibe to trade for Sam Bradford since JA on rookie deal?

SB>NP

SB$=AJM$

SbContractLength=1

Plus we could always sell Bradford if someone else needs to buy him.

Bad idea?

I get Nate Peterman knows x’s and o’s but I’d like to think Bradford could teach.

Loud bottom line: The Cardinals have the same need we do right now: a veteran backup QB who can play (kind of).

Why on earth would they trade him?  What would be their motivation?

Little known secondary story:

Sam Bradford has done pretty well in a WCO and whatever you call what Shurmur ran in Philly and Minn (Spread, WCO, whatevs)

His Worst.Year.Ever was his 2nd season.  Josh McDaniels as HC.  Erhardt Perkins offense.  10 games 6 TD 6 INT.  He stunk.

What type offense we running?

...helluva return on this investment............

Sam Bradford

Quarterback

Career Earnings: $124,045,000
Career APY: $15,505,625
Potential Earnings: $143,045,000
Total Guarantees: $159,000,000
Largest Cash Payment: $26,845,000 (2011)
Largest Cap Hit: $25,000,000 (2019)

.......1,855 completions or $66,870 each.....103 TD passes or $120,432 each......has appeared in 83 total games or $149,451 each.....