What Makes a Man Cheat?

ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That you would ask that sort of question after reading about the incredible positives I've found in the relationship I have with my wife make me feel badly for you, that you don't know what it feels like to have what I have.

Now listen, you don't go any one special place, that's cornball style. You just go!" he says to a ... "A bunch gets together after a week. It builds up. The idea is to have a ball. Now...

the_wild_one.jpg

On 9/26/2018 at 12:27 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Long Answer:

Because it's socially responsible, adds order to the community and provides society with some sort of moral compass.  Basically, it staves off chaos, anarchy and people living purely by emotion and their sexual desire.  And... We see how wonderful communities become when they start living off their primal urges = Chaos.

Unlike rabbits or other species of animals, insects, etc... Outside of war, disease, famine what is the orderly predation towards humans?  The check is to limit supply in a sane and orderly fashion

In short, the human world needs order, not emotion, chaos caused by primal urges. And religion has genuinely tried to provide that, same with governments now that religion is being questioned more and more and the individual is seen as the most important.

Answer: Good social order.

You make it sound so damn depressing .... bet you're a hoot at parties

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fart jokes are a constant in my family especially after a wing dinner... have had to sleep on the couch more than one time because of them.  Only eat them on Sundays and my wife appreciates the break.  PS I married later in life 38, ran through a variety of girlfriends at various levels of commitments and only cheated once on a girlfriend not my wife.  Vowed to never do it again.  If it ever got so bad either wanted to cheat we both told each other we would arrange a amicable divorce. Trust my wife more than anyone I have ever trusted and as an adopted child that is a big deal for me.

It's in pretty much any male animals DNA to reproduce with as many females as possible to spread their genes and keep the species going.  Goes back to survival of the fittest.  Survival of the species depends on it.  Humans are animals.  It's really that simple.  Modern convention is the only thing that makes it wrong.

Show me a man who doesn't instantaneously decide if he would or would not want to have sex with any female he sees and I'll show you a liar.

Edited by Mark80

The night before my wedding, my best man took me out for a few beers at the local bar just to get away from all the women who were at my apartment.  It was supposed to just be a couple drinks and some pool.  

We ended up running into a couple of young (early 20’s and I was 30) teachers I worked with.  They were twin sisters, and they were both very, very attractive.  My friend and I started drinking with their crew, and we started doing celebratory shots as they knew I was getting married the next day.

A couple hours later my friend and I were playing pool, and I saw one of the sisters approach us as the rest of her friends were on their way out the door.  She came up to me and said “I’ve fantasized about *bleeping* you for 2 years.  My sister and I want to give you a threesome tonight as your wedding gift.  Offer expires after tonight.”  She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and walked out.  And she handed me a bar napkin with her phone number and address on it.

My best man, bless his heart, could read what was going on and grabbed the napkin away from me as soon as she walked away.  I don’t think I would have gone through with it anyway, but man I will admit that I was pretty freaking intrigued in the moment.

I’ve have never felt the desire to stray from my wife, but I can see how people who are not in good relationships can easily cheat.  The opportunities are always there.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The night before my wedding, my best man took me out for a few beers at the local bar just to get away from all the women who were at my apartment.  It was supposed to just be a couple drinks and some pool.  

We ended up running into a couple of young (early 20’s and I was 30) teachers I worked with.  They were twin sisters, and they were both very, very attractive.  My friend and I started drinking with their crew, and we started doing celebratory shots as they knew I was getting married the next day.

A couple hours later my friend and I were playing pool, and I saw one of the sisters approach us as the rest of her friends were on their way out the door.  She came up to me and said “I’ve fantasized about *bleeping* you for 2 years.  My sister and I want to give you a threesome tonight as your wedding gift.  Offer expires after tonight.”  She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and walked out.  And she handed me a bar napkin with her phone number and address on it.

My best man, bless his heart, could read what was going on and grabbed the napkin away from me as soon as she walked away.  I don’t think I would have gone through with it anyway, but man I will admit that I was pretty freaking intrigued in the moment.

I’ve have never felt the desire to stray from my wife, but I can see how people who are not in good relationships can easily cheat.  The opportunities are always there.

Women are very competitive... But You know that.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/loves-evolver/201102/yes-women-do-compete-men

And as they get older... It's like the final rut with deer.

"Another reader of Dr. White's post commented on how she (I assume she) made several life changes and has decided to not compete "for the few good man that are left around for women in their late 40's." She then states, "I've found that it's a lot more rewarding for me to look for nice and polite younger men who suffer at the hands of mean younger women. I'm very, if not extremely successful at this game, mostly because I'm sure that I don't want to marry again." I propose that she is competing - she is acquiring mates by adopting a strategy, and she is successful at it."

15 hours ago, Mark80 said:

It's in pretty much any male animals DNA to reproduce with as many females as possible to spread their genes and keep the species going.  Goes back to survival of the fittest.  Survival of the species depends on it.  Humans are animals.  It's really that simple.  Modern convention is the only thing that makes it wrong.

Show me a man who doesn't instantaneously decide if he would or would not want to have sex with any female he sees and I'll show you a liar.

Except humans' DNA differs from other animals enough to cause humans to have a much more highly developed brain - especially the neocortex.

This highly evolved brain allows humans the ability to reprogram (dampen or enhance) the primal brain to some extent.   If a man so chooses he can use his logical brain to affect the primal urges his older animal brain naturally reacts to.    That is part of evolution.

Some people are better at controlling primal urges and emotions than others.   Some people realize they have this ability and exercise it.   Others do not.   And then there are people who may realize they have the power to control it, yet choose not to exercise that control.

When it comes to sex, in more than what I would guess is 99% of cases, a person has to make a conscious decision whether or not to do it.   They choose whether to suppress the urge or act on it.   It is not the same as other mammals/animals.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The honest truth

Women cheat way more then we as men care to admit or want to think about.....they just hide it very well.

At first I didnt want to believe that.....but the truth is a woman can talk themselves into anything (men do it to....they just get more a bad rap for it)

Takes two to tango.

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The honest truth

Women cheat way more then we as men care to admit or want to think about.....they just hide it very well.

At first I didnt want to believe that.....but the truth is a woman can talk themselves into anything (men do it to....they just get more a bad rap for it)

Always wanting more 

more attention 

more shopping

more vacations 

more romance 

more shoes

more purses

more 

more 

more