The Young Guns Have Arrived in the NFL !!

T master

On 9/26/2018 at 12:01 AM, Domdab99 said:

Well, there's a little something called "consent" that Ms. Kerr is giving. Kind of a big deal. 

So let's rank them!

Mahomes

Goff

Wentz

Garoppolo

Carr

Bortles

Mayfield/Allen

Prescott

Marriota

Watson

Rosen

Darnold

Trubisky

No grade on Jackson yet.

This is homerism at its finest.

Allen ranked ahead of Watson, Rosen, Darnold and Trubisky.

I have Allen next to last if not last on that list

lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

This is homerism at its finest.

Allen ranked ahead of Watson, Rosen, Darnold and Trubisky.

I have Allen next to last if not last on that list

lol

did you see the date that was posted?

lol

On 9/27/2018 at 10:13 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

My point was his floor is higher than a guy like Trub or Rosen.  IMO Allen's floor is a fringe starter but a guy who'll be in the league for years. His ability to make some plays with his legs and hit deep balls at least gives him that.   A guy like Rosen or Trub's floor is out of the league in 4 years.

That's simply not true.   Allen's "floor" is much lower than Trubiskey who has already demonstrated he's at least competent, something that Allen hasn't yet demonstrated.  It's simply much too early to really evaluate the rookie QBs.

The Wentz/Goff and Trubisky/Mahomes class is great. We haven't had consecutive good quarterback drafts for forever. Can't wait till these old farts get out and we have a guy for once. We just saw sparse elite Quarterbacks come through for like 8 years. Matt Ryan and  Russell Wilson and Cam are the only middle aged Quarterbacks i'd rate with the best of them

21 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The bottom line is none of these 5 new qbs are exactly lighting up the NFL.  Mahomes looks like Jesus. Wentz & Goff are solid and then there's a big dropoff to the next tier of young guys. I'd stick Bortles last on every list.

Goff & Wentz are far more than "solid," imo.

Garopollo & Watson have shown they can be very good, even having great games at times, but haven't been consistent.

Mayfield has shown tons of promise, and looks good for a rookie. Even losing games, I'd prefer our QB to look like that over what he actually does. 

Mayfield has only thrown more INT's than TD's 1 time in 8 games, has won 3 more games than the Browns did all of last season, and has thrown for nearly 2,000 yards, 13 TD's, to 7 INT's, completing 61% of his passes, and has an 87.5 passer rating. That's pretty damn good for a rookie, and GODLY for a rookie on the Browns.

• 2 weeks later...

The State of the 2018 Rookie Quarterbacks

After 12 weeks of the 2018 NFL season, all five first round rookie quarterbacks have started at least two games. It’s the first time the NFL has had five first round quarterbacks start even one game each in their rookie season. Though, there have only been two other years in which five or more quarterbacks were selected in the first round of the draft: 1999 (5) and 1983 (6).

So, how are the young guns doing?

Mayfield is having the best rookie season above all the rest by far. I think Allen might be number 2 but not by much, everyone seems to be kind of middling rookie numbers. Still 4 games left to play but some levels of optimism with this rookie class overall. Glad to see the Browns might have found a keeper at QB, hopefully the Bills did too. 

On 9/25/2018 at 9:01 PM, Domdab99 said:

Well, there's a little something called "consent" that Ms. Kerr is giving. Kind of a big deal. 

So let's rank them!

Mahomes

Goff

Wentz

Garoppolo

Carr

Bortles

Mayfield/Allen

Prescott

Marriota

Watson

Rosen