Amazon TNF Crew

/dev/null

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now that 59 genders thing, that is truly funny. 

Probably true.  Got to keep up with Millenials and the now TNG

Listening to my kid explain gender and sexuality to me, one wonders how our generation (and previous) ever managed to reproduce.

So primitive!  We must have just fissioned, like amoeba. ?

So in this case, Amazon has two female broadcasters who have evidently worked their way up through the ranks over the years, thus you're all for it.

Because of course, if a guy were to assume that two females with a long resume were just "a transparent attempt at forced diversity", well, that would be wrong.

And thats the thing. Both have worked a long time to be where they are. It's not lije they just stuck 2 "weather girl" types in the booth.

Tell you this much. If my life is on the line and I need someone to successfully answer a football related question, I would choose Andrea Kremer over 90% of the manly males on this board. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Dante said:

Did I say that social engineering in the booth was the only cause? 

What the NFL has to remember is that they are entertainment. Not a social experiment. The $hittier they make the product and it's presentation the fewer viewers they have.

I'm just curious what it is about having two females in the announcing booth that you consider a "social experiment". I'm also curious to know how it makes the product "$hittier".

Ya know what? Nevermind. I think I already know exactly what you're all about. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Forgive my ignorance of her resume. ESPN and NFL Network are available in the UK through one means or another so much more familiar with Kramer's work. CBS I only see during a game.  

...no way on the ignorance GB......just offered it up to help out bud........:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

16 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

They both have a ton of experience in their professions.  Kramer has been covering the NFL for decades and knows the league as well as anyone. Storm has decades of experience behind the microphone.  Andvthey get the opportunity to use that combined experience calling a game.  Good for them.

What teams did they play on?

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t mind women in the booth, as long as it isn’t Beth Mowins. Anyone but Beth “man voice with a cold” Mowins.

Is she the one who sounds like a Tirico on helium? It's great to see the networks expand their play-by-play people, but if you're going to put a woman in the booth, try to ensure we want to listen to her. She almost makes me miss Paul Maguire, and that is NO easy trick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Is she the one who sounds like a Tirico on helium? It's great to see the networks expand their play-by-play people, but if you're going to put a woman in the booth, try to ensure we want to listen to her. She almost makes me miss Paul Maguire, and that is NO easy trick.

Without one ounce of exaggeration, I can say that I have not heard ONE PERSON (here, or in "real life") say anything positive about Beth Mowins.  She is the worst.  Ever.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Great, nothing I like more than being nagged for 3 hours while watching football.

In all seriousness, women football fanatics come across as phony to me. I think it is because when us guys were little we would dream of playing in the NFL. When we watch as grown men, we live vicariously through these players.

I don’t believe these chicks ever dreamed of playing in the NFL, nor do I think they have a true appreciation for how incredible these athletes are.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that in a good announcer there is this underlying deep, lifelong love of the sport. Most female fans I’ve encountered come across as though they are fans because they want to gain daddy’s or some guy’s approval. 

I shouldn't do this.  But I'm gonna do this, knowing as  I do that it shall sail over the head, out of reach like that Fitz pass to Terrell Edmunds - I mean, Mike Evans.

Do you really think boys are born with innate love of the NFL sport?  Most watch NFL football with dads, uncles, older brothers; maybe watch dad coach HS and uncle or older brother play Pee Wee or HS ball.

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/vb.1318800798260799/1504852269655650/?type=2&theater

Now I shall go and do penance.  Slutty Count Drogo ??

17 hours ago, PeterDude said:

What is with this all female crap lately?  Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, the next Terminator film, Captain Marvel... All female announcers for a game that is 100% men.  WTF is going on? 

Captian Marvel was always a female. It would be weird if she was a guy

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Pathetic because I’m a comic book fan? And have been since single digits?

I’m sure you know about things you take interest in as well. If you didn’t, then you’d be the pathetic one.

Jay, Jay, Jay...I am not used to seeing you aggro.

I was just kidding.  Further, if I offended you, I apologize, brother.  You also didn't really address the part where I said it was awesome.

This also just in, I knew exactly what you knew for which I was just making fun.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I shouldn't do this.  But I'm gonna do this, knowing as  I do that it shall sail over the head, out of reach like that Fitz pass to Terrell Edmunds - I mean, Mike Evans.

Do you really think boys are born with innate love of the NFL sport?  Most watch NFL football with dads, uncles, older brothers; maybe watch dad coach HS and uncle or older brother play Pee Wee or HS ball.

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedVideo/videos/vb.1318800798260799/1504852269655650/?type=2&theater

Now I shall go and do penance.  Slutty Count Drogo ??

All that video does for me is reinforce how naggy women can be :)

Edited by PeterDude

8 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

She can do me too.    What a cougar ! 

I’d vote to have them replace Collinsworth’s sorry ass 

I used to like Colliinsworth but over the last couple of seasons he's just become worse and worse. Every other play is the "greatest thing he's ever seen" and his voice just sounds like... I dunno... like, I'd rather listen to Fran Drescher call a football game.

2 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

What teams did they play on?

Kramer has more football knowledge in her little finger than you or I have in our entire brain.  And Storm has years of experience in the mic.

Was Al Michaels a star football player?  Vin Scully?  Curt Gowdy?

Get over yourself.  Good for them, hope they do well.