Next 4 Games

RPbillsfan

52 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Bills beat GB in GB this week and the media $&*#s their collective pants.

I guess I’ll miss the threads about 1st overall pick !! Do we take Bossa or do we trade down? 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll say one thing about the next four games, with already having two losses to AFC teams, need to get some wins against the 3 upcoming AFC teams if the team even were to have any chance of staying in contention.  If they are going to lose any, let it be this week.  Without wins in these games, they'd have a hard time winning wild card tie breakers.

• Like (+1) 1

The next 4 games?  Do you not know the season is broken into 4 equal parts of 4 games each?  You can’t Willy nilly put four games together that aren’t already together by virtue of the schedule. We have to look at Green Bay as the last part of the first quarter. Then, and only then, can we look to the next four games. 

What’s next?  Let’s look at games 5, 7, 11 and 16?

cats and dogs will be sleeping together. 

Insert sarcasm face here. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand how the Bills went from being dominated to complete dominance over the Vikings. It's mind boggling to me. 

I do believe that McDermott can do a lot with a little and just when I thought that it was going to be a sad season the Bills come out and spank the Vikings. 

I have tempered expectations. At least I don't have to feel like it will be a terrible season. I got to witness one heck of a game.

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

It's amazing how one fabulous week changes the outlook on the season.

Who are the 2018 Buffalo Bills?  Well the next four games could give us a good picture.  Let's take a look.

@ Green Bay

To me we are catching the Packers at a great time, Rodgers mobility is limited, injuries at the tackle spots, the defensive line and LB corps also suffering major injuries.  This is a winnable game if we play complimentary football.

Tennessee 

The Titans are at best an average team, nothing about them stands out.  At home the Bills could dominate.

@ Houston

At first glance had this as a L, but something is terribly wrong and they like the Vikings have an awful offensive line.  Based on recent level of play the Bills have a 50/50 chance

@ Indianapolis

Luck not the same player and Colts personnel is worse then the Bills.  Give the Bills a 75/25 chance in this one.

It will be a fun ride.

If the queen had a ****, she'd be king.  One game at a time.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I guess I’ll miss the threads about 1st overall pick !! Do we take Bossa or do we trade down? 

Honestly, I'd prefer to not have to worry about the first overall pick.  I personally would rather have at least a respectable season, if possible.

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I don't understand how the Bills went from being dominated to complete dominance over the Vikings. It's mind boggling to me. 

I do believe that McDermott can do a lot with a little and just when I thought that it was going to be a sad season the Bills come out and spank the Vikings. 

I have tempered expectations. At least I don't have to feel like it will be a terrible season. I got to witness one heck of a game.

The Viking game goes to show how much coaching and scheme matter.  The coaches changed what they did, especially on defense, and we got to see how right their changes were.  I don't think the Bills are as bad of a team that the first six quarters of the season showed.  I wonder what McD and his staff were thinking when preparing for the Ravens and Chargers games.  But we still have holes to fill.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

The next 4 games?  Do you not know the season is broken into 4 equal parts of 4 games each?  You can’t Willy nilly put four games together that aren’t already together by virtue of the schedule. We have to look at Green Bay as the last part of the first quarter. Then, and only then, can we look to the next four games. 

What’s next?  Let’s look at games 5, 7, 11 and 16?

cats and dogs will be sleeping together. 

Insert sarcasm face here. 

You had me

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I like the optimism.  One game at a time.

We're fans, and its a message board. We can look ahead all we want, even if the predictions aren't logical. 

The team itself is where "one game at a time" applies.

With that being said, I don't know what to expect this Sunday. A Bills win at GB would be rare, and hobbled or not, AR is the best QB of all-time. Bills may be fired up now, but getting behind early could be tough with a rookie QB. GB can run the ball well, but they also give up the run. Could be a "shortened" game. They are pretty banged up on defense now as well (they did just sign Breelund). At +10.5 I'd take the points, but a Bills outright win would certainly be surprising. 

Tennessee at home is definitely winnable IMO. They may have just upset the Jagoffs on the road, but divisional games are very tough to call. I had a good feeling it was going to be a low scoring, defensive game (didn't see 9-6 TEN though). Their QBs are banged up, and losing Walker was a major blow to their offense. 

Houston is pretty bad. Bills being on road doesn't matter much. The Texans may pick up a win or two (<doubtful) between now and then, but they're struggling to keep teams from scoring against them. Good chance for a win there. 

Indy may be relatively on par with the Bills talent wise, but Luck is still pretty good. He may be a bit rusty still, so another couple of games between now and then should help him to shake most of that off. 

If the Bills defense can at least play close to the same level as they have over the last 6 quarters, I could see 2-2 over the next 4. 3 or more wins would surprise. Realistically, though, i think 1-4 is probably the most likely outcome. Yeah, it was a great win against Minnesota, but perhaps it was slightly misleading (major "trap" game element for the Vikes). The Bills are fielding a rookie QB with limited weapons after all, and a rookie general on defense. Ups and downs should be expected, especially early on in the process. And with more and more film of the rookie QB becoming available, there may be more downs than ups over the next several weeks.