Ass Team Of The Week: The Vikings Reached Hell In 10 Minutes

Rubes

Ass Team Of The Week: The Vikings Reached Hell In 10 Minutes

Hadn't seen this posted yet. Good stuff from Deadspin.

A team that is very good in aggregate can still plunge to depths of buttness on any given day, as demonstrated by the Minnesota Vikings. They came into this season as favorites to make the Super Bowl, and it’s still entirely possible that they will do just that, but on Sunday, oh boy, they were extreme butt cheek.

?

The TSW spin has been how well the Bills played, and that is somewhat correct.

But this article reminded just how poorly MN played.  Green Bay is going to be a different story. They won't "look like college boys who forgot the final was today."

MN is a Win, I'll take it in any form.

40 minutes ago, boater said:

The TSW spin has been how well the Bills played, and that is somewhat correct.

But this article reminded just how poorly MN played.  Green Bay is going to be a different story. They won't "look like college boys who forgot the final was today."

MN is a Win, I'll take it in any form.

Are we sure the Packers are any good?  Rodgers is clearly hurt, their defense is bad, their run game is bad.  Rodgers may very well carve us up, but we aren't exactly playing the 2007 Pats on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Are we sure the Packers are any good?  Rodgers is clearly hurt, their defense is bad, their run game is bad.  Rodgers may very well carve us up, but we aren't exactly playing the 2007 Pats on Sunday.

Just depends on which defense shows up on Sunday. The defense against the Ravens/Chargers or the defense against the Vikings? Who knows.

50 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm pretty sure they are not that good.  But they did drop a ton of ball Sunday so that likely won't happen again.  If the Bills play like they did in MN, they've got a shot to win, if they don't, they'll lose.

48 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Just depends on which defense shows up on Sunday. The defense against the Ravens/Chargers or the defense against the Vikings? Who knows.

Yea, we can be pretty Jeckle and Hyde. 

I wonder if we will even see the team we saw against the Vikes for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

It's Sunday's D from here on out.  Week 1 & 2 D must have been a byproduct of nonsense going on behind the scenes.  When the season began I expected Sunday's D all season.  Glad it's finally here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, driddles said:

It's Sunday's D from here on out.  Week 1 & 2 D must have been a byproduct of nonsense going on behind the scenes.  When the season began I expected Sunday's D all season.  Glad it's finally here.

I hope you're right!!

2 hours ago, driddles said:

Brother I DO hope you are right as I pretty much expected the same.....with the play of Star and Murphy dragging the D down I was prepared for a LOOOOOOONG season.  If those two figgered it out and the scheme is "fixed" the Bils could and should present some problems for many of the teams they will face going onward.  The ultimate no lemme say the ULTIMATE would be beating the Patsies twice this year......that would be killah!

• Like (+1) 1