New media focus after W3...

eball

1.  The Vikings aren't really that good.

2.  Josh Allen didn't do anything special, he just dumped the ball off and ran rather than staying in the pocket to throw.

I've already seen both of these bandied about on Twitter.  Never fails.

The Bills need to go to Lambeau and punch the Packers in the mouths too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

2.  Josh Allen didn't do anything special, he just dumped the ball off and ran rather than staying in the pocket to throw.

Agreed.  I'm sure this thread will get a lot of "who cares what anyone else thinks" or "if the Bills string some wins they will be taken seriously".  But I do feel there is a strange view of the Bills in the media.  They make the playoffs last year and while it was talked about and generally positive it was NOT that big of a deal to the national media.  Fast forward to this year...the Browns win a game for the first time in 2 years and, while noteworthy, you would think they are Super Bowl favorites.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Who does he have to hurdle this week? Matthews? 

Seriously though, he threw the ball pretty damn well the entire first half. Twitter blows. 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed.  I'm sure this thread will get a lot of "who cares what anyone else thinks" or "if the Bills string some wins they will be taken seriously".  But I do feel there is a strange view of the Bills in the media.  They make the playoffs last year and while it was talked about and generally positive it was NOT that big of a deal to the national media.  Fast forward to this year...the Browns win a game for the first time in 2 years and, while noteworthy, you would think they are Super Bowl favorites.

It's because backing into the playoff's is not that big of deal...  Teams do it every year and it's usually a non event because they lose the first game.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

On the other hand, we have topics like this:

So it's probably a wash.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

I don’t know - I am sure there are plenty of people out there (especially on twitter) promoting your 2nd point above, but I’ve seen a lot of genuine praise for Allen as well.

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

It's because backing into the playoff's is not that big of deal...  Teams do it every year and it's usually a non event because they lose the first game.

Stop with this BS narrative.  There was no backing in.  They earned their spot.  They went into Atlanta and Kansas City and beat both teams on the road.  They overcame a horrid 3-game stretch and could have quit, but didn't.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The lead into the game covered the scenario where the Vikings could struggle because it had potential to be a “trap game”. The Bills were so bad the first two weeks this should be expected.

If they stomp GB then the narrative will change. 

No, they are going to need to beat afc contenders to really look like they are something. Win week 5 and we may have something. 

17 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Stop with this BS narrative.  There was no backing in.  They earned their spot.  They went into Atlanta and Kansas City and beat both teams on the road.  They overcame a horrid 3-game stretch and could have quit, but didn't.  

But most NFL fans don't really care, hence the reason they got no real national media attention from it other than the Andy Dalton donation stuff.  How many Bills fans give a crap about some NFC team backing into the playoff's and losing right away?  I bet not many...

Seriously, Bills fans need to stop whining about the lack of positive national media attention.  Most NFL fans do not give a **** about Buffalo.  

Edited by PeterDude
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

5 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

But most NFL fans don't really care, hence the reason they got no real national media attention from it other than the Andy Dalton donation stuff.  How many Bills fans give a crap about some NFC team backing into the playoff's and losing right away?  I bet not many...

Oh god, the "backing into the playoffs" thing again.  Winning enough games to get in to the playoffs is not backing in.  There is no such thing as backing in.  Just "in".  Would you be happier had they NOT made the playoffs just so you could say "well at least they didn't back in"?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Seriously, Bills fans need to stop whining about the lack of positive national media attention.  Most NFL fans do not give a **** about Buffalo.  

Well, sometimes fans like to vent on their Bill's board, that's one of the services the Board provides----it gives fans a release.

2 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Well, sometimes fans like to vent on their Bill's board, that's one of the services the Board provides----it gives fans a release.

Well, that makes sense I suppose.  Thier venting might get some pushback however, which is also ok.

Edited by PeterDude
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, eball said:

Funny. When Allen does it it's not a good look.

However Tom Brady has made a LIVING with dumpoff passes to backs, Slot receiver screen, bubble screens and "taking what defenses give him" and hes God.

Darnold in his 1st game did much the same and media crowned him.

Haven't watched the All 22, but looked on Sunday Allen took what was there. When nothing was there he was decisive and got what he could with his legs, including extending drives and getting the team back to FG range. Situational football.

The Vikings are a good team, but I would not consider them favorites to be in the SB.  Their defense, while good and the strength of the team, is not good enough...yet.  Cousins needs to still needs to shoulder some of the load, and I don't think he's good enough to do so.

Josh Allen did a great job of running the offense, especially for a rookie making his first start.  Twitter, the media, pundits, etc shrugging his performance off is just wrong.

The team needs to go into GB and punch the Packers in the mouth.  A statement win will quiet a lot of detractors down.  I would expect Josh Allen to have a good day against the Packer defense, but Clay Matthews will need to be accounted for - can't let him run loose at the QB.

The media and so called experts really don't want to admit they were at least a little wrong when it comes to their evaluation of Josh Allen.  It's almost disturbing to hear them all talk hours on end about Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold but when Allen is mentioned they just laugh. 

Everytime the kid does something good I can't help but feel good for him.  Prove them ALL wrong Josh..... DO IT!  

Edited by Mark92

Geoff Schwartz on Twitter arguing he didn't do anything special. Just a bunch of screens, dump offs, quick passes and oh he made a few plays with his legs. Nothing special.

Let one of those screen passes have been inaccurate and there'd be a tweet with the caption, "Same old Josh Allen..."

There's a lot of guys who are honest e v a l guys like Bruglar, Orvolsky, Silva and then there are guys like Kascmar, Ledyard, Klassen, Schwartz, Sherman and Tanier who just want the kid to fail and are there to get reactions out of the Bills fan base.