Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Vikings' DE Everson Griffen Dealing with a Mental Health Issue

Recommended Posts

Wow- hope he gets help that he needs and is able to overcome this. Great player, but really seems like a good guy from what i’ve seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea i remember him getting interviewed a lot last year during the vikings great season and him talking about his newest son and how his wife in a house full of boys.  hope he can get right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful to hear people struggle with mental health issues.   I hope he gets the help he needs.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he can find the right help, unfortunately there is a real mental health crisis in this country.  If any positives come from situations like this, hopefully it continues to shine a light on this issue, and the lack of real help there is for millions dealing with similar issues but aren’t millionaires/athletes with the support of a multi-billion dollar organization.

Edited by ThunderGun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  Hope this guy can get right.  Looks like a good dude from his social media presence.  A little old (age 30) for his first psychotic break.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was triggered by something physical or an adverse reaction to medication.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeeesh. Feel for the guy. Hopefully he gets some help soon. I kept trying to grab a quick quote to give the thread better context of what was going on but there were just a too many incidents this week alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yeeesh. Feel for the guy. Hopefully he gets some help soon. I kept trying to grab a quick quote to give the thread better context of what was going on but there were just a too many incidents this week alone. 

Lol I know. I thought maybe this impacted the team on game day but it states most players/couches weren't aware about the alleged break in and car ordeal 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

FYI

 

My fault! U can shut it down or merge, didn't see this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Wow.  Hope this guy can get right.  Looks like a good dude from his social media presence.  A little old (age 30) for his first psychotic break.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was triggered by something physical or an adverse reaction to medication.

Steroids maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing a freak rookie QB fly from the 5 yard line to the pylon, leap over your PB MLB for a critical 1st down, and watch him scramble away then throw back across the grain to a trailing RB who runs untouched for 55 yards would have many Defensive players suffering mental illness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Too soon?😳

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gugny said:

Talk about letting your mouth write a check your ass can't cash.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Seeing a freak rookie QB fly from the 5 yard line to the pylon, leap over your PB MLB for a critical 1st down, and watch him scramble away then throw back across the grain to a trailing RB who runs untouched for 55 yards would have many Defensive players suffering mental illness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Too soon?😳

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Talk about letting your mouth write a check your ass can't cash.

The difference in headlines is interesting. The left leaning outlets all say "Hotel Incident", while Fox states the actual accusation "Threatens to shoot up hotel". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof i Hope the guy gets help.  Reading the Sabres Kyle Okposo story the other day great mild concussion set off a severe breakdown.  They are still learning about the brain and seemingly innoucous hits can trigger big problems... not just the big hits.  PS KO is about the same age, but who knows???

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wppete said:

This was from last week. Not good. 

 

 

He's certainly no John Randle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×