Why we beat GB in GB

MClem06

1 minute ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Yep I admit you guys have owned us overall. In 2010 we won, 06 we lost, 02 we won, 2000 we lost and 97 we won.

how's your offensive line this year? It's usually consistently capable enough to combat better Defensive lines, let alone the Bills (although MAYBE they're getting the hang of it.) I think purely from our defensive standpoint we win the WR/Secondary matchup, and the 2 lines are a wash, if not in Greenbay's favor on offense in the trenches.

1 minute ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Yep I admit you guys have owned us overall. In 2010 we won, 06 we lost, 02 we won, 2000 we lost and 97 we won.

I remember the old Packers before Brett Favre, so there are not that many Bills fans in that category. I have always liked the Packers when they don't play the Bills. I have read Lombardi's biography by Maraniss and a couple of older books about the 60s. Lombardi was a great man.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think that up and down the roster, Minnesota may be a better team, but Rodgers is such a major x-factor, hobbled or not. No way am I resting easy on this game. 

10 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills should go find Bacarri Rambo before Sunday.  Aaron Rodgers likes throwing to him.

God, that was such a fun day. 

I think we really need to have some perspective.  We have a rookie QB and a team that is rebuilding.  There are going to be both ups and downs throughout the season.  When they lose a couple of games, the Earth is not crumbling.  When they beat a good team, it doesn't mean they are going to the Super Bowl.  Let's just enjoy the next 13 games.  They will win some and lose some.  They'll probably win a couple we don't expect them to win and lose a couple they shouldn't lose.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MClem06 said:

I just had a long conversation with two die hard  GB fans that know the team very well and they pointed out some severe deficiency issues that the packers are going into next weeks game with:

1) Rodgers hobbled  not 100% with the leg injury

2) Their O-Line is letting people through. 

3) Mack had his way with their LT in week 2 so Hughes if he plays with the same intensity as last week should as well.

4) Their RT Bulaga is hurt they don't know if he'll go or be 100%  at game time.

5) Their Secondary is suspect, the free safety has let up some big crucial plays under and over.  They said he's the weakest spot on the field in the secondary.  

6) Receivers are dropping balls left and right.  They missed at least 3 first downs with drops last week. 

7) If there is a time to beat GB it's right now  since the team is not playing well as a whole together. They are not happy with the coaching decisions and fans are wanting change in the secondary level because they keep letting crucial plays up for first downs. 

Go Bills! Let's hope we can keep the momentum.  2-2 would be better than most saw out of the first 4 games.  

Youre late, I already started a thread and said this yesterday Ha

The Bills are - right now - a team that's hard to predict.

The defense played at the college level for 6 quarters then played lights out for the next 6.  Our moribund offense actually looked capable in the first half this past Sunday.  

And it's hard to know what we really have with Allen.  The kid is certainly energetic and has a live arm.  While I am projecting a generally positive trend line this season, I would hesitate to predict his performance in any particular game.  His  progress might be more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.  

After the surprising beat down of the Vikes, I thought to ask, "Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up?"  

No outcome - good or bad - in the Packs game would surprise me.  

• Like (+1) 1

If we contain Rodgers & shut down the long ball & don’t turn the ball over we will still be giant underdogs. Rodgers won’t turn the ball over as much as Cousins did pressure or no pressure. 

I’m more concerned about our offense moving the ball. We will need run the ball & so far this season we haven’t been able to do that. There’s only so much relying we can do on Allen bailing us out with his legs.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

If we contain Rodgers & shut down the long ball & don’t turn the ball over we will still be giant underdogs. Rodgers won’t turn the ball over as much as Cousins did pressure or no pressure. 

I’m more concerned about our offense moving the ball. We will need run the ball & so far this season we haven’t been able to do that. There’s only so much relying we can do on Allen bailing us out with his legs.

Luckily, there are a couple of players still on our defense that remember destroying Rodgers a few years ago, giving him one of the worst losses (statistically) of his career.

Jerry Hughes and Kyle Williams can hopefully give the rest of the defense some nuggets of wisdom on how to beat Rodgers.

Of course, that was a home game.

18 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

If we play like we did last week...same result. I still cant get over how intense and focused they were. 

It takes 2 to tango.  Vikings were completely flat and are probably not going to be nearly as good as people think this year.

If we play the same this week but Green Bay shows up as well, should be a good game.

• Like (+1) 1