Why we beat GB in GB

MClem06

18 hours ago, Augie said:

WITHOUT any flags. Just looking at him mean might get 15 yards these days. 

Yeah, I’m talking to YOU, Jerry. Great game last week, let’s keep it up and leave flags in the pocket. 

Same can be said of Clay Matthews, I’m not sure why, but he seems to be the officials whipping boy lately. Which may actually bode well for Allen

18 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I remember when the Steelers didn't play their starters at the end of the season and we needed a win for the playoffs and we lost.

Sorry, but nothing is a sure thing so long as Rodgers is behind center when he has Adams, Cobb and Allison with Jones returning. Just saying.

I'm a definite negative fan. I own it, but week 17 of 2004 should never be allowed to be mentioned here.

The Bills win if:

1) Allen gets the ball out quick

2) The team stays focused/disciplined

3) Opportunstic turnovers

4) Win the time of possession 

5) Receivers start making routing catches

6) Ivory/Murphy pound the rock- gain tough yards

7) D-line creates pressure/stops the run. With AR hobbled, and the O-line weakend, look for GB to run the ball more

23 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

There is an old saying: " You don't poke a wounded bear".......... substitute Packer for Bear ;)

8-4 all time against the Pack.

Last win in GB was in 1991 before that 1974 they lead 4-2 on their field.

I want a win and like I said before the season started I would be ecstatic to be at 2-2.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/teamvsteam?opp=12

I never understood these all time stats that go back decades.

Who cares that we beat them back in 1991, or 1974?

We are 1-1 against Rodgers in his career.

This season he is throwing 285 ypg, 6 TD 0 int.

He is 60-15-1 all time in Green Bay with a 109 QB rating, 173 TD 32 int.

He's hurt right now though.

So I'm not sure what we are going to get.

If he isn't really hobbled, it's going to be a tough time stopping them.

If he's really hampered it's going to be a hell of a game, as long as we play at intense at last week.

Edited by SouthNYfan

GB is favored at home, and should be, but I think GB and Minni aren't all that good this year.

Minni seems to have lost some of the magic they had last year, and if you look at GB, they barely beat the bears, who are not good, and shoulda lost to minni, who they tied, and lost at the Skins.

I was initially thinking if the bills win in GB, i'm going all in on tipping us for playoffs, but now i'm thinking it would be a great road win, but given rogers is likely hurt enough to not be playing as well as he usually does, I still think we need to show improve.

at the start of the season it looked like the NFC and new england were the only teams that mattered, now it looks like there is lots of skrempf in the AFC

On 9/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, Augie said:

WITHOUT any flags. Just looking at him mean might get 15 yards these days. 

Yeah, I’m talking to YOU, Jerry. Great game last week, let’s keep it up and leave flags in the pocket. 

this will be incredibly tough. after all, this is A A Ron Rodgers we are talking about here. and if Matthews gets flagged for another one and throws a stink, they could be looking for a make up flag. and hughes has a bit of a reputation out there as well.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, hondo in seattle said:

The Bills are - right now - a team that's hard to predict.

The defense played at the college level for 6 quarters then played lights out for the next 6.  Our moribund offense actually looked capable in the first half this past Sunday.  

And it's hard to know what we really have with Allen.  The kid is certainly energetic and has a live arm.  While I am projecting a generally positive trend line this season, I would hesitate to predict his performance in any particular game.  His  progress might be more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.  

After the surprising beat down of the Vikes, I thought to ask, "Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up?"  

No outcome - good or bad - in the Packs game would surprise me.  

i won't pretend to be able to predict it, but i sure as hell can't wait to watch it!