[Incomplete Title] Seven years ago today already..

Another Fan

Came probably the second best Bills memory of the 21st century.  Beating the Pats 34-31.

Took the trip up with my Dad.  Was my first Bills game ever at the Ralph, obviously a memorable one.

Last week I kinda cringed thinking about the Monday night game with them this year.  Although last week was encouraging!  I still think this is a rebuild year but if Allen shows something that night, you may have this plus two.  Memorable enough hopefully for someone else to post about it 7 years later ?

• Like (+1) 10

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Came probably the second best Bills memory of the 21st century.  Beating the Pats 34-31.

Took the trip up with my Dad.  Was my first Bills game ever at the Ralph, obviously a memorable one.

Last week I kinda cringed thinking about the Monday night game with them this year.  Although last week was encouraging!  I still think this is a rebuild year but if Allen shows something that night, you may have this plus two.  Memorable enough hopefully for someone else to post about it 7 years later ?

This was awesome.

I was there as well, with my uncle. What a day that was. I remember before the game winning FG, they announced over the loudspeaker to fans to not "storm the field". Lol

I think we partied in the stands for well over an hour after the game. Classic.

45 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was in India and woke up at 5AM to find out they had won.  Visited the Taj Mahal early that day, then visited an old temple inhabited by monkeys.  One of the best days of my life (pre-kids anyway.)

335735_2353653756924_2142127010_o.jpg?_n

289740_2353661357114_1936094717_o.jpg?_n

210945_2353672637396_410911317_o.jpg?_nc

332511_2353669397315_441621901_o.jpg?_nc

332816_2353675277462_2119942919_o.jpg?_n

Hey wussup Harrison didnt know you were a poster here!

• Haha (+1) 1

What a great day.  Got tix off stubhub and ended up in the upper decks and sides of the 300's.  Really rowdy crowd around us, especially when the pats went up 21-0.  Lots of drunk fans shouting and throwing things at the pats fans.  Was asking myself, "Why did I put myself through this?"  Then Fitz got hot.  I thought the place was explode when Florence ran that pick back and I never heard anything like the crowd on the ensuing Pats drive.  The whole place was shaking and when Lindell nailed the field goal, I just remember standing there for like 10 minutes just reveling in it all.  The drunks that had been shouting obscenities hours earlier had become family.  Everybody was embracing.  I was never more proud to call myself a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was at that game with my Dad, brother and our sons on our annual pilgrimage for my Dad's bday.  Framed the SI cover and put a strip of pics of us from the game along the bottom and gave it to my Dad as a present - hangs proudly on his wall

Image result for bills patriots  florence sports illustrated cover

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3

I loved the comeback and the game...but I think this past Sunday's game was different. While the Pats game was much more exciting and crazy...I was never a believer in the Chan/Fitz era. I just enjoyed that game for the moment. And because Freddy Action is my favorite Bills player of all-time and he was incredible that day. 

While I still don't know about Beane/McDermott...this past Sunday made me feel better about the most important position on the field than I've possibly ever felt. I was too young for the Kelly era and started my football watching during the Flutie/Rob Johnson years. 

While it wasn't the most thrilling game in the 2nd half...this game was so incredibly important because it showed a glimpse of what could finally be a legit franchise QB. It's amazing to me that people still at times try to doubt how much you need one. You can see how much Allen's play lifted up the rest of the team, that's what a franchise QB can do more than any other position.

I hope years from now someone makes a thread reminiscing about that game in Minneapolis when Josh Allen arrived. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was in India and woke up at 5AM to find out they had won.  Visited the Taj Mahal early that day, then visited an old temple inhabited by monkeys.  One of the best days of my life (pre-kids anyway.)

335735_2353653756924_2142127010_o.jpg?_n

289740_2353661357114_1936094717_o.jpg?_n

210945_2353672637396_410911317_o.jpg?_nc

332511_2353669397315_441621901_o.jpg?_nc

332816_2353675277462_2119942919_o.jpg?_n

The guys you were having drinks with, was that the Bills Backers - India Division?

I brought my old DVR, which is still working, from our hold house to the new partially because it has this game on it (the Raiders game that year, too).  I am not ashamed to admit that I watch it every few months.

Thanks for the memory!! My son and  I were sitting about 15 seats to your right! Closer to the tunnel. Awesome time. Will never forget Florence’s  Pick 6 off of Dareus’s Helmet! Happened right in front of us! Place exploded!

When we left there was a women, still in her seat crying!! Don’t remember another game with as much raw emotion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

That was hands down the best Bills game in the modern era.  I also believe that Sunday's upset victory over Minnesota was the best game since then.  Hoping we can shock the world again this weekend in Green Bay! 

You must be one of those fans that consider the modern era to be post Super Bowl run.  

Bills 41  Oilers 38   F-OT   Period ... Exclamation point.

Edited by Epstein's Mother
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Hands down the best game I went to as a kid. I remember standing there with my dad after the game ended, with everyone just clapping and cheering for probably 15 minutes after the game ended. Nobody wanted to leave. 

Damn that makes me feel old. Was a hell of a day, watched with my dad too. The Raiders comeback was also wild.

Was the year before I got GamePass and my dodgy internet stream went down as we started that final drive. Luckily NFL RedZone pretty much stayed with the whole drive. What a moment when that kick went through.

To me it is only second though in Bills wins this decade. I put the Green Bay win in 2014 with the safety on Rodgers at the end at #1 because we were in a playoff race in week 15 which we hadn't been for years and years and years. Sadly we laid an egg at Oakland the next week. But that Patriots win is 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1