Do you think Robert Foster can develop to into a #1 receiver?

BBills88

I'd like to see it a couple games in a row or at least a couple games the rest of the year but today was very encouraging on about three different levels. Still doesn't run good patterns but tracking the ball and timing was a big plus and surprise. Will be interesting how they use him the rest of the year. He surely has skills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I hated the way earlier in the season how he would not fight for contested balls

He did that today.....and you can see the difference in the offense when he does

I would stick with him in development but draft receivers that have his speed with more size.

Absolutely. We can't rest on our laurels and hope the receiver Corps is going to be great. Draft recievers with the best natural talent, and don't just bank on Foster and Zay being Mike Evans and Desean Jax. Cause they're so far away and never going to be that caliber. just draft the next Mike Evans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Amazing when speed can catch. He had a good game. If he can work, he can be a nice weapon moving forward. Zay Jones continues to play well too. A true number one along with those kids and they could be set for a few years

• Like (+1) 1

Nice to see the kid have a big game and help the team get untracked on offence. He worked his limited but important role - stretching the field - very well today needless to say.

Though he also tracked the ball well for a change I have to go back and check but I think he was still catching with his arms, gathering the ball into his body, instead of his hands. # 1 WRs use their hands. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The first play was really great tracking in the air and very good over the shoulder basket catch. Everyone is claiming how good Barkley was. A good pass there is a 70 yard TD. 

I'm dying to see the Allen-Foster connection finally happen.

47 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm dying to see the Allen-Foster connection finally happen.

Might have earlier in the year if Foster could track and catch the ball and if Allen could throw it without being underthrown by about 8 yards 

Edited by mrags

6 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

A solid #3 stretch the field WR, that his ceiling.  Zay as a #2 and we need to go get a true #1 and a dominant TE.

This. Although finding true WR1s is very hard. I think we to find a contested catch player, either at TE or WR

I was a big advocate of going after Tyrell Williams in FA, he is a proper field stretching speedster, but also a good WR, maybe Foster could fill that role.

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You mean like the long bomb that dropped between Fosters hands?

I don’t remember Foster catching any ball at all earlier in the season. Only missed balls by either Allen underthrowing him, or Foster not being able to locate or dropping the ball. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nice job here by Foster!

What sucks is he had a sure TD and couldn’t stay in bounds. 

On 9/25/2018 at 8:13 PM, BBills88 said:

They are allowing their young players to develop through live experience, with that being said would it be possible the staff is trying to allow Robert Foster to get the necessary experience to become the number 1 receiver? It happened for a few players throughout the years.

What are your thoughts?

You headline says, "A number one". No, I think the odds are miniscule.

But your post says "THE number one," I guess meaning our best receiver. Yeah, I would give that a smaller but not miniscule chance of happening.

49 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t remember Foster catching any ball at all earlier in the season. Only missed balls by either Allen underthrowing him, or Foster not being able to locate or dropping the ball. 

What sucks is he had a sure TD and couldn’t stay in bounds. 

The throw's fault.

Edited by Thurman#1